The Symbian Thread

ggt said:
^^Use netqin mobile guard for that.
It is as far as i know a free app. And was available for quiet a while at the ovi store.

Are you talking about Netqin MGuard? I have that thing on my phone but couldn't find an option to handle messages. I just found block lists etc

agantuk said:
Are you talking about Netqin MGuard? I have that thing on my phone but couldn't find an option to handle messages. I just found block lists etc

my version is v 3.00 it has an option under clean spam where messages can be deleted according to numbers.

Eg :TM- offer

the number of those messages will be clubbed together

you just have to tick the check boxes to delete them. :)

I use the Nokia Communication Centre in PC suite as my complete SMS management solution. It gives tremendous flexibility to sort messages and thereby delete the older ones. Great for backing them up into excel as well.

Yesterday I installed Symbian Anna v22.14 into my Nokia C6-01 which is 714 MB. Its very good in my opinion. The interface is smooth and some tweak in touch interface.

Guys, need your help..

I am using my C5-00 with the bundled 2GB card so far..
Now I wish to swap it with a 4GB one. How to do it?

I tried to copy the entire contents of the 2GB one on local disk.
Thought that copying everything back to the 4GB one will work.

But windows is not copying the entire contents of the 2GB card!
It just copies a few random folders and files and then just quits.

What to do? I dont want to re-install all my apps allover again!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^^^ any thoughts on this???

anyone know anything like Tapatallk for s60v3??
Tapatalk was earlier available, but not anymore :(

and anyone know why my call log lasts 2-3 days logs only? And not 30 days when i have selected 30 days?

niteshkhatri said:
Guys, need your help..

I am using my C5-00 with the bundled 2GB card so far..
Now I wish to swap it with a 4GB one. How to do it?

I tried to copy the entire contents of the 2GB one on local disk.
Thought that copying everything back to the 4GB one will work.

But windows is not copying the entire contents of the 2GB card!
It just copies a few random folders and files and then just quits.

What to do? I dont want to re-install all my apps allover again!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^^^ any thoughts on this???
Help needed here..

avinashwarrier said:
anyone know anything like Tapatallk for s60v3??
Tapatalk was earlier available, but not anymore :(

and anyone know why my call log lasts 2-3 days logs only? And not 30 days when i have selected 30 days?

I have downloaded tapatalk on my C5-00, dont remmeber from where. But it wont work for me, when I click browse forums, it says service not available and when I search, it wont display the results only!

Scroll up a few posts, you'll know where to find the 30 day detailed log..

Ok,So tapatalk is not for us !
what similar app do we have for s60v3??

and i have selected 30 days log only, since day 1!
but the log never lasts for more than 2-3 days :(
is there any maximum no.of logs for dialled, received and missed??

avinashwarrier said:
Ok,So tapatalk is not for us !
what similar app do we have for s60v3??

and i have selected 30 days log only, since day 1!
but the log never lasts for more than 2-3 days :(
is there any maximum no.of logs for dialled, received and missed??

It shows that somethings got wrong with the configs. I suggest you take a backup and do a hardreset.

niteshkhatri said:
^^ How to backup your apps & app data? Contacts and messages can be backed through Ovi suite..

Lols.. :pwhy you need to back up apps and data? You must make it a point of keeping all that sis/sisx/n jar setup files somewhere on your pc & reinstall them after a phone reset. If you are the one like me who keeps reseting the phone every month or two; then customize your own firmware by including all your fav apps inside. So that next time you just have to backup your sms/contacts/notes & calenders items and your apps will be there even after reset.:ashamed:

I have made my own customized firmware for my cell, which incl 24 apps which i use and 12 themes. :cool2:

So i dont have to go through all that shit pain after a phone reset.

Symbian can be customized the way you want it to and so i love it and i live it.;)

^^ i guess, the days have gone when we can customize the symbian, as opda n all are down. Begging for some solution after my purchase of new nokia c6-01.

Can anyone share his Symbian signed account ?? How to sign software through this official site ?? Its not allowing regular email domains to register.

I need to sign a software for muting camera sound.

I hope its not hacking/cracking anyway, and legal process and allowed to talk here.

Guys,

How do i get a live weather widget in Symbian 3 in the dektop screen? (like Android devices)

I use a C6-01 recently and except the battery life, I am loving this lovely device.

Thanks a lot in advance for answering.

Abhishek

ggt said:
^get a certificate from opda and the sis signer from opda.

New users are not allowed :S

FYI, OPDA and all such sites are down due to some long reason since july. Dont know will they ever get up or not :(

SPB Weather and you'll get a really cool weather widget when Symbian Belle hits your phone :D

mail2abhi81 said:
Guys,

How do i get a live weather widget in Symbian 3 in the dektop screen? (like Android devices)

I use a C6-01 recently and except the battery life, I am loving this lovely device.

Thanks a lot in advance for answering.

Abhishek

Back