The Symbian Thread

^^ strange, even i just checked it and even mine is going online , perhaps for the a-gps to get a faster lock!
you can override it though, by not giving a default connection so it will ask which accesspoint to seect and there you can cancel, and then it will work just normally :)
i dont use much of nokia maps though, always google maps! it has much more data!!!

Under GPS data, positioning methods I disabled assisted GPS but still maps was connecting so then I disabled network based too and then when I fired maps, it did not connect but did give me the general warning that data may cost more in roaming. But even after saying ok it did not connect.

But from what I know that network based means using mobile networks and towers rather than data.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

yup for ovi maps to work offline i had to delete all the default settings.
Then tried to see the maps and i could only see maps for mumbai , other cities details were missing :S.
Not sure how to get all cities without connecting to the internet. :S

^^ did u download the whole india map??

and well, you can cancel whenever it asks for connection! it will ask every 5 mins or so!

When asked for updates i had selected maps. So maps for india should be there right?
Other than that ovi suite suggests me nothing to update so i dont know what actually the issue is :S

^^ erm.. Dint quite get you there!

usually, updates do not have maps in it?( if thats what you meant)

we have to use maps in ovi suite and select asia and then india!

Thats how we get maps if i am not mistaken!

That's right. The map updation process is a bit weird, but the process is that you need to use the Ovi Maps Updater on your system, update it, and then select the India maps to write to your device.

^^
even i had seen it, pretty sweet deal!
Started using Joikuspot premium! Its Bloody useful! But my phone battery is not happy :p

avinashwarrier said:
^^

even i had seen it, pretty sweet deal!

Started using Joikuspot premium! Its Bloody useful! But my phone battery is not happy :p

No Joikuspot for me :(

I also picked up the evolve theme ! Looks nice :)

Is there any way to delete multiple messages in S60V5 ? (Nokia 5233)

The only options that i find are deleting one by one or delete the entire inbox. My Rs.800 Samsung guru has multiple messages delete option :|

That's right. Atleast not that I know of. It is such a pain, when I need to delete multiple I just connect to Ovi and delete from there.

Back