The Symbian Thread

Thanks for the Update. It seems the new version will take time to reach Indian markets.
C5 is very fast?? Hmm.. I find it slow when compared to the Java (SE) interface I am used to..

In my w810, I could've run multiple java apps, browser, along with the normal phone functions.
So it could multitask, and it was a lot more snappier and lag free. But it was not symbian..

EDIT: I hope SE w810 can be termed as a Java Phone. Dunno all the techy terms.. :)

The battery lasts for me 1 day when I text around 50 message in replies and sync my company email say every hour . Talk around 2 hours a day.

On moderate use , 2 days.

^^ THat's low man.

I text 250 messages and I get 2 days, calls, some internet, music(a lot), sometimes games.

One minimal use, 3 days.

PHONE: 5230 with C6 N97 Ported CFW

Is Nokia C7 worth buying or should i go for android? There is no auto focus but would i be able to click pictures of Documents,i.e.close focus objects ? Or please suggest me any other good phone within the Nokia C7 budget ! Awaiting for reply ! Reply soon...Thanks :)

C5-00 Firmaware update available OTA, still not showing in PC Suite.
Upgraded yesterday night (around 7mb) and the phone feels a bit snappier.

Ver. 071.005 Dated 15-Jun-11

ggt said:
^i suppose you are using it in 3g?

but with 2gb cap there is nothing lot you can do. :p

2GB is enough for me, I don't download 100MB files from my phone.

Occassional videos from Ovi, sometimes youtube downloader, Nimbuzz (calls work, a bit lag though), facebook, normal sites surfing on Opera 11.

Please reply for my question too :)
Is Nokia C7 worth buying or should i go for android? There is no auto focus but would i be able to click pictures of Documents,i.e.close focus objects ? Or please suggest me any other good phone within the Nokia C7 budget ! Awaiting for reply ! Reply soon...Thanks

niteshkhatri said:
C5-00 Firmaware update available OTA, still not showing in PC Suite.
Upgraded yesterday night (around 7mb) and the phone feels a bit snappier.

Ver. 071.005 Dated 15-Jun-11

After updating, we get some Paid apps as gift through the app store..

A new Nokia Chat app is installed and Adobe Acrobat is updated as well..

Hey guys

i have been out of the symbian game for sometime until i bought an e5 a month back

I dont exactly know the good applications running around now and most of the discussion forums which i used to go to is closed now:(

so temme some good apps in every genre :p

and some good and active discussion forums

i only know ip-mart forum

TIA

I upgraded my firmware version of my C5-00.
Found out it updated to a newer stock adobe reader and a new application called chat is now visible.
So this chat does it use the internet or displays the sms in chat format :S

Back