The Symbian Thread

DarkAngel said:
Is there any way to delete multiple messages in S60V5 ? (Nokia 5233)
The only options that i find are deleting one by one or delete the entire inbox. My Rs.800 Samsung guru has multiple messages delete option :|
yes you can.
Search for netqin M guard ;)

unreal_ishan said:
Anna is out...just installed..way faster and better than the PR1.1 that was on my E7 before :D

Damn you :mad: I was hoping I would be the first to post here. Every now and then, I was checking for the update. :D

Downloading the update for my C7 now.

any way is there other way to download firmwares offline like a setup?

i am looking for the new nokia 5230 FW which the ovi suite gets stuck in between. :mad:

the update does not take place OTA and has to be done through the PC .

I have wait for anna till monday. The nokia care said to me that for c6-01 pr2 update will launch in midnight of august 20th.

Guys, I installed whats app on my C5-00 yesterday, quite good I must say.
But is there any hack to close it completely? Its always connected to data!

agantuk said:
^ Thats because these basic phones came long after the smart one did :p They should however have added this in later updates

Yes man, sadly thre are many basic features missing in S60v3. Two which I miss the most are:
1. If a contact has multiple nos., how to identify from which no. he had called us?
2. The call log is bad. It only stores the last call time to a contact, even if you had called multiple times. And the call timer is also not available in the log.

niteshkhatri said:
Guys, I installed whats app on my C5-00 yesterday, quite good I must say.

But is there any hack to close it completely? Its always connected to data!

I guess you can kill the application from a taskmanager . Its a good app but eats up battery!

Yes man, sadly thre are many basic features missing in S60v3. Two which I miss the most are:

1. If a contact has multiple nos., how to identify from which no. he had called us?

2. The call log is bad. It only stores the last call time to a contact, even if you had called multiple times. And the call timer is also not available in the log.

+ 1 . These 2 things are sad :(

xtremevicky said:
That is not present which you press the green button !

ggt is right. I wasn't aware of it myself.

What he means is - go to the "Log" option in the Menu. By default it shows the list which says Recent Calls, Call duration and Data counter. If you look at the top, there is another tab (icon). Click on that. You will now see a detailed log. Click on any of the items in that menu to see the full details.

Oh yes man! Its available! But its quite recessed, it could've been simple just by pressing the answer key. And yes, the answer key only opens the dialled nos. the received and missed calls are in different tabs! :)

Someone mentioned that multiple messages cant be deleted at once. But it can be done, you can go to the folder, hit options and select Mar/Unmark option and select multile messages to be deleted.

Back