The Team Fortress 2 item trading thread

DigitalDude: You're just a wise, sane guy. What are you doing in this thread? :)
Saumil: Don't know about the white paint, just have a single can right now(traded away one yesterday). I'm not sure if I need it, will consider your offer. Btw, which hat do you intend to use it on?
Aman27deep: Trading is crazy man. White and black paints can't be bought from the store so they command some premium. I got a handyman's handle for a name tag but also had to trade more to get the medic mask(chieftain, sombrero, purple paint) and the whiskered gentleman(2 sombreros). Also traded keys for refined metals in order to craft the Fez.

Guys, anyone want to donate anything? (Even refined metal) to me?

I have absolutely nothing with me and dont get much time to play tf2 (or to idle) but would like

to have any extras that you guys have. I know this is begging but :(.

Naresh, I really wanted that mining hat man, that would have been so awesome :(.

Any helpful soul willing to donate?

^ You are as presumptuous as you are poor and Irish. Tarnish notte the majesty of this thread!

Kidding :p. I don't have much stuff myself.
b_naresh said:
Saumil: Don't know about the white paint, just have a single can right now(traded away one yesterday). I'm not sure if I need it, will consider your offer. Btw, which hat do you intend to use it on?
Well, it's a good deal because you get a nametag which are very much in demand and can score you some nice stuff.
Also, you don't have any of the 4 weapons that I am offering.

Plus, since you seem to buy a lot of keys, there's a chance that you will get something good out of my S1 crate. Maybe a hat or maybe yet another can of white paint.

I want to paint my Vintage Merryweather white.

I want to trade a hat (Tough Guys Toque), anybody want to trade it with a Level 100 trophy belt that they might have?

Also, I have a fez I want to trade, what can I get for that?

Got some white paint in exchange for just a nametag and crate. My Pyro looks awesome now :D.
307yqf5.jpg

Lol i traded a lotta things, now my hats are:

parasite_hat_sized.png
all_halo_sized.png
all_domination_sized.png

scout_whoopee_sized.png
soldier_viking_sized.png
demo_afro_sized.png

hallmark_sized.png
football_helmet_sized.png
heavy_stocking_cap_sized.png

pyro_brainsucker_sized.png
spy_hat_sized.png
mining_hat_sized.png

engineer_train_hat_sized.png
medic_mirror_sized.png

I can trade my Engineer Cap if someone wants though :p

I just got the Australium Gold (traded with soldier's stash which i got today), gonna paint my Hustler (
95px-RED_Hustler%27s_hallmark.png
) Gold now, gonna be AWESOME.

saumilsingh said:
Got some white paint in exchange for just a nametag and crate. My Pyro looks awesome now :D.

307yqf5.jpg
very awesome :D

My Pyro is Mann.Co update compliant now, has the assistant+degreaser+that hammer.

Next will be spy, with the e'tranger+fez+special knife.

Then the soldier, and then the sniper and then the scout :p.

guys, is it possible to get anything for the crates? I think I have 4-5 of them.. and I dont intend on paying money for the keys. I also have some extra copies of Vitasaw, KGB, GRU, sandman, force-a-nature etc.. Are those worth anything?

I'm quite new to TF2, but playing almost every night now.

BTW, the halloween update seems awesome. Cant wait to get home today :)

^ Crates can be traded in exchange for paint and weapons that you don't have.

Any duplicate copies of weapons you should save because they can be crafted into scrap metal:
3 scrap metals yield 1 reclaimed metal.
3 reclaimed metals yield 1 refined metal.
3 refined metals yield a hat.
Aman27deep said:
I just got the Australium Gold (traded with soldier's stash which i got today), gonna paint my Hustler (
95px-RED_Hustler%27s_hallmark.png
) Gold now, gonna be AWESOME.
You traded a hat just for some paint??

Btw, gold painted Hallmark will look like the Mask's hat :p.

TF2's certainly become quite weird.
Someone was so desperate for items that he made me install TF2 and give them all the stuff I had with me (which I didnt know I had) :lol:

tifosi said:
TF2's certainly become quite weird.

Someone was so desperate for items that he made me install TF2 and give them all the stuff I had with me (which I didnt know I had) :lol:
i did the same with a friend of mine :p

got a nice hat from him.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

alright so anyone interested in trading halloween masks?

i have a couple of extra masks for the engy and scout class. would be willing to trade for masks of any other class. drop me a pm if you're interested.

What is the going rate for those crate keys? I have 5 crates lying around and was hoping if I could exchange the extra Halloween masks for the keys. Would someone give like 1 key for 1-2 masks? I'm completely new to TF2 Trading.

Keys are tradeable now, there was an update a few days back that made them tradeable. You can easily score a key for 1 refined metal, or 2-3 keys for a hat. If you got earbuds you can get up to 6 kyes :)

b_naresh said:
Yup, I have traded keys for refined metals and hats
ok.. thats great!! Thanks for confirming. :)

So, any chance of getting keys for the halloween masks? I had seen people trading a full set of 9 masks for upto 3 refined. Also, which would be a better idea to get? Keys or refined metal? I want to create the new Cadavar's Cranium or Skull hat also. I have the unusual metal, but dont have anything close to the 4 refined needed.

AFAIK Cadavar's cranium can't be crafted from the unusual metal + 4 refined metal recipe - that will give you either the Voodoo Juju or the Skull hat. I got the Skull hat from that recipe. I traded keys to get the refined metal I needed.

Back