The Windows Phone 7 thread

none of the Samsung have official updates but samsung has promised 7.8 to all 7.5 handsets.
i have used lumia 900 with 7.8 and only new part is new start screen and thats it.
their is nothing more than that.

The new start screen improves the user experience a lot. Don't say its just a start screen and belittle it.
Sent from my GT-I8350 using Board Express

none of the Samsung have official updates but samsung has promised 7.8 to all 7.5 handsets.
i have used lumia 900 with 7.8 and only new part is new start screen and thats it.
their is nothing more than that.

Samsung Omnia W phones have started getting the 7.8 update. A couple of my friends friends have successfully updated their OWs.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

after getting tired of waiting for the update notification ,i gave up and used the disconnect trick. Now my omnia w is on WP 7.8. the whole update process took more than 2 hours- disconnecting and connecting the internet! it was frustrating. But now my phone feels refreshingly new and I like the update. Only after using 7.8 do you realise that how well the screen space is now utilized. Now you can have so much more on the start screen and not have huge tiles just to enable or disable Wifi.

Back