The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Re: The Witcher 2 - Discussion Thread

flipkart shows Dungeon Seige 3 pre-order for 622...is that a typo? been forever since i bought a PC game...wat is the price range for new releases?

touzeen said:
flipkart shows Dungeon Seige 3 pre-order for 622...is that a typo? been forever since i bought a PC game...wat is the price range for new releases?
That is correct. Buy it :)

Went on a 2 day marathon and completed the first game. OMG what a game that was. One of the best storylines ever. After playing the Witcher, all other game stories seem like bedtime stories to me now :p. It also set the pace for Witcher 2 for me. GOG preload too completed. Just one more day to go..:)

BTW Prashant replied
Sorry for the late reply. We are sourcing some import copies of Witcher 2 but it will take about 2 weeks for us to have them in stock. If you want it please let us know so we can set aside 1 copy for you.

Tarcxy said:
One of the best storylines ever. After playing the Witcher, all other game stories seem like bedtime stories to me now :p.
This! The storyline in Witcher is really something else. Its too bad that a lot of people give up on the game due to other issues like combat, loading screens etc. Anyway, I'm reading one of the short stories now, and even that is very interesting. Do check it out if you can.

Also, +1 to Prashant for actually importing the international copy! Will be expensive though. Too bad there is no Indian release.

GoG preload done, me too waiting now!! :)

pretttt, which one are you reading? I was actually thinking of getting "The Last Wish" and "Blood of Elves" from landmark. Those are the only ones I can find here. Also will reading the books spoil the game or vice versa?
touzeen said:
@Tarcxy Can i get in on that deal?
Well, you can contact Intencity website email: orders@intencity.in directly. He (praashant) was a also a registered dealer here at TE. Guess he isnt active here anymore. But, he should be able to book a copy for anyone. Hope this helps.. :)

Dont expect indian release soon or later.this game is distributed by Atari,There last game Test Drive Unlimited 2 never made it here.

^^ Guys just had a speak with a Intencity sales rep, he said they are in the process of importing a limited stock of the game and it will be put up on the site, so orders can be made.

There is no Indian version so importing the International standard two DVD pack.

Some screenies. Uber sampling turned off. Others maxed out. The game runs smoothly on my i5 2500K and 6950. 45 to 50 fps.
With ubersampling on, got very low fps at 20.

witcher2201105171817424.jpg

witcher2201105171955105.jpg

witcher2201105172007251.jpg

witcher2201105172103208.jpg

Played a few minutes today before having to reluctantly pull myself off. The game looks spectacular. The first step I took outside of the tent was breathtaking.

This weekend cant come soon enough!!

Don't tell me that a 6950 owner can't even get 50 FPS with max details at 16x10 without uber sampling and 0x AA. Although nowadays CPUs do play a major role and there are games where a 2600k even at stock is like 20% faster.

Anyway, how many fps do you get at 16x10 MAX no uber sampling no AA????

comp@ddict said:
whats the IQ difference between ubersampling off and on?
The IQ with uber on is quite good. The face, hair and sword details are really good. I couldnt check the other details as there was massive framerate drops. It takes a lot of computing power. Will try to post a screenshot when I go home. CDP said it will work well only with highend systems. But, IMO an option for MSAA too would have been better.
Hades. said:
This game has no love for HD6950 :'(
6970 you mean.. but, its true the game isnt well optimised. Try disabling ubersampling in launcher. Thats the main culprit. Also try disabling all AA, AF in CCC. There are lots of issues in ATI cards particularly. Hope it will be covered in the next driver update.

The game is really hard at normal. Am dying very frequently. Also they have removed the ability to drink potions while in combat :mad:.

As a simple rule from the little research I did right now

Ultra (Uber off) of course assuming a Core i5/i7 @ 3-3.5+ GHz preferably SB with 4-8 GB RAM

19x10 - The 580 barely makes it

16x10 - GTX 570/R6970. GTX560Ti/R6960 barely make it.

14x9 - 6950/560Ti

High assuming Core i5 Quad at 3+Ghz, preferably Core i7/Core i5 SB, assuming 4-6 GB RAM

19x10 - 6950 / 560 Ti

16x10 - 6870/6850/5850/GTX470 level cards

14x9 - 6850/460/5830/GTX285 level cards

Medium assuming Core i5 quad or at least Core i3 OC or C2Q OC and 4 GB RAM

16x10/14x9 - 5770/4870/GTX260

Low at least a C2D 8400 or entry level quad core or AMD triple core or something like that and of course 3-4 GB RAM, minimum 2 GB I guess if you are lucky

14x9/16x10 - 4800s/5700s/8800s

I assume that you need anything from 45-60 as average and 30-45 as minimum FPS for playing.

Back