The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Re: The Witcher 2 - Discussion Thread

great games thank for share the info i love the witcher 1 since it was awesome story xD

so will download so still process it soon :)

Bro i talked to Prashant from Intencity few days back and he told me he can get this game here for 2500 bucks for PC....yeah that's a lot for a "PC" version, but he told me he already has a lot of orders for this game.
I am not sure though which version we are getting (hopefully Premium Edition), but we can surely get it here in India.

I don't know why, but major games like, Fallout, Witcher, Starcraft (Digital Download only) are somehow skipping the Indian market, something needs to be changed here.
Hope this helps if you are really wanna buy the game anyhow just like me.

Peace

anyone else have an issue with serious mouse lag? Its so bad for me that I'm actually playing with a controller now. :( I'm using a MX518 but havent installed the setpoint software since it was working fine without it in other games until now.

BTW, how are your reactions on witcher 2 until now? I'm a bit disappointed :(

pretttt said:
anyone else have an issue with serious mouse lag? Its so bad for me that I'm actually playing with a controller now. :( I'm using a MX518 but havent installed the setpoint software since it was working fine without it in other games until now.

BTW, how are your reactions on witcher 2 until now? I'm a bit disappointed :(
Me too using MX518 without setpoint. I dont have mouse lag. Sometimes, Geralt needs to come to a complete stop before executing the action like opening the door or talking to a NPC. There is delay in his reaction I guess. I too have it. But, other than that, its fine for me.

And the game is great. Initially I was a bit disappointed just like Witcher 1. But, after 3 to 4 hours I was hooked to it. The environment is mesmerising. I am still in the first chapter. Doing all the side quests. I dont want to finish it anytime soon. :)
Combat was tough at first. Starting this immediately after Witcher 1, I found it hard in Normal. But, I got used to it. We need to anticipate the enemies moves correctly. They too have special moves. It certainly isnt some button mashing. The gog forums are full of people complaining about combat.
I rarely used potions other than Swallow and Maribor forest in Witcher 1. And signs - only Igni and Aard. Here, I am made to experiment all potions, all enhancements, all signs, else its just suicide in the battlefield. Its interesting.
Story feels okay so far, but I feel something big is brewing in the background. I havent played more than 6 to 7 hours. I am yet to notice any non-linearity in the story. Maybe we wont notice it at all, till we play again like CDP said.
Overall, I think its a great role playing game so far..:)

Initial impressions are good. I am just 20 mins in the game and I like it so far. I haven't played witcher 1 so couldn't import the save file, what am I missing? The game is not very higly optimized but I am still getting 30-40 fps on a 5770 with 1920x1080 res and all settings tuned to high. No AA.

Bluffmaster said:
I haven't played witcher 1 so couldn't import the save file, what am I missing?
Well, other than the story, its the Raven armor and two swords. The story from Witcher 1 is quite complex. But, CDP said you need not play the first to play this one. I guess Geralt will be made to recall the first one's story as this progresses. Do read the Character information from the Journal whenever a new entry is created. That will explain something about the previous characters and their past.

@tracxy

dude can you tell me which books to read in order to get the whole story of the witcher ?and also are they availlable in india

?

ubergeek said:
@tracxy

dude can you tell me which books to read in order to get the whole story of the witcher ?and also are they availlable in india

?

Sorry dude, I dont have an answer to that as I havent read any of the books. prettt posted that he was reading some book. Maybe he can help.

But, as far as I have heard, the story from the books and game are not the same. CD Projekt used the books as a base for the game's story. Geralt never had amnesia in the books. Thats what I read some days back. I forgot the link.

As for the availability, landmark's website has them listed. Search Result for Books - Andrzej Sapkowski. Only two books (The Last Wish and Blood of Elves) have been translated in English.

guys can you tell me when that "HORNY SEX" scene comes and if it's possible to skip it? I really want to, lest my mother sees virtual sex on my screen.

comp@ddict said:
guys can you tell me when that "HORNY SEX" scene comes and if it's possible to skip it? I really want to, lest my mother sees virtual sex on my screen.

its skippable dude :p
When the interrogation starts, they give you 4-5 replies. This scene is at the start of the first one. You have to go through each of the replies to proceed.

Tarcxy said:
Me too using MX518 without setpoint. I dont have mouse lag. Sometimes, Geralt needs to come to a complete stop before executing the action like opening the door or talking to a NPC. There is delay in his reaction I guess. I too have it. But, other than that, its fine for me.

And the game is great. Initially I was a bit disappointed just like Witcher 1. But, after 3 to 4 hours I was hooked to it. The environment is mesmerising. I am still in the first chapter. Doing all the side quests. I dont want to finish it anytime soon. :)

Combat was tough at first. Starting this immediately after Witcher 1, I found it hard in Normal. But, I got used to it. We need to anticipate the enemies moves correctly. They too have special moves. It certainly isnt some button mashing. The gog forums are full of people complaining about combat.

I rarely used potions other than Swallow and Maribor forest in Witcher 1. And signs - only Igni and Aard. Here, I am made to experiment all potions, all enhancements, all signs, else its just suicide in the battlefield. Its interesting.

Story feels okay so far, but I feel something big is brewing in the background. I havent played more than 6 to 7 hours. I am yet to notice any non-linearity in the story. Maybe we wont notice it at all, till we play again like CDP said.

Overall, I think its a great role playing game so far..:)

The mouse lag issue is pretty much gone. I changed the mouse smoothness to 0 in the ini file and then increased the ingame sensitivity a little bit. :hap2:

Also, the game is getting really fun now. Really enjoyed the asylum quest. I initially got frustrated with the combat mainly due to the mouse issues I was facing. But now its really fun. As for non linearity, I think it will come slowly. Witcher 1 was known for that. The bigger results of your decision become apparent only once you progress much further.
BTW, what did you do with the female elf in the quest Malena?
ubergeek said:
@tracxy

?

Hey, I would suggest you read the chapter conclusions from Witcher wiki. That should give you more than enough background on the story. But, the entire story is actually much bigger than what was shown in Witcher 1 also. Sort of like in LOTR. Of the many books written on Witcher, only two are translated to english. But, you dont need to read all of those to play this game.

I am only concerned about the game and not the Witcher saga. Can someone be kind enough to write a summary of the events that happened in the first game? I tried Witcher wiki but couldn't make head or tails of what happened because of the complex names and the witcher saga story getting in my way. Just a brief summary of what the Witcher is all about would be nice. :)

Another gripe I have with this game is that no matter what I do, I am not able to play it on lower resolution with full screen. My native resolution is 1920x1080, I tried lowering the resolution to get a more smoother gameplay but everytime I do that the screen shrinks and I get black bars at sides. Could anyone help me out? This game is still a bit buggy, when is the official patch releasing?

Bluffmaster said:
Another gripe I have with this game is that no matter what I do, I am not able to play it on lower resolution with full screen. My native resolution is 1920x1080, I tried lowering the resolution to get a more smoother gameplay but everytime I do that the screen shrinks and I get black bars at sides. Could anyone help me out? This game is still a bit buggy, when is the official patch releasing?

That has to be corrected on the Graphic card driver. Also check you monitor for settings. But this setting is always in the graphic card driver, rarely in-game.

Some rez give those black bars. For example, I game fine at 1680x1050 or even 1440x900, but 1600x900 gives me bars.

Bluffmaster said:
Go to ATI control center and adjust overscan correction for the resolution you want to play at. Make sure that you make all these settings for refresh rate of 50, 59 and 60Hz.

Back