The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Re: The Witcher 2 - Discussion Thread

^^^

First change to the desired resolution and then go to my flat panel displays -> Overscan Correction (or something like that, can't remember the exact name)

^The CCC has changed a lot. There is no such option present now. Moreover, when I change the native resolution from the CCC, even my desktop shrinks and is not in full screen.

I have given up on this game. The framerate is not smooth on 1920x1080 resolution with everything high. Even when I change the settings to medium, it hardly makes any difference to the framerate although it does make the game significantly ugly. It is a beautiful looking game and I wanna enjoy it in its full glory. I guess I will just have to wait till I upgrade my GPU. This is sad though, as I was really looking forward to playing games like Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and Rage. But from the looks of it, the HD 5770 has aged and has started struggling with latest games. And there is just no point in upgrading the GPU yet. The current breed of mid range GPU's do not really show significant improvement over 5770 and will definitely struggle with games releasing next year. I guess, the best option would be to upgrade to the 2012 line up of GPUs.

I just checked. Change the resilution first and then go to My Flat Panel Displays -~ Scaling Options -~ Move slider to 0% (from initial 15%)

And you will be all set.

pretttt said:
BTW, what did you do with the female elf in the quest Malena?
I spared her :). I love Elves. I also sided with Yaevinn in Witcher 1. I dont know, theres something about them and their culture which really impresses me.
And if you havent finished chapter 1, below is a minor spoiler
I sided with Iorveth too at the end of Chapter 1. Though, I was sceptical about him at first, he is turning out to be a really a great character in chapter 2.

^Nextworld and intencity are bringing in the hard copies @ Rs2600~

As far as i hear they should have stock by 23th of this month.

Won't it be cheaper to get it from GOG.com and simply burn it on disks. You do realise the GOG versions are DRM free? DRM is evil.....

Alright guys i left witcher 1 due to bad controls.is it necessary to play witcher 1 before witcher 2.i am finding the story a bit complex.

jojothedragon said:
^Nextworld and intencity are bringing in the hard copies @ Rs2600~

As far as i hear they should have stock by 23th of this month.
Intencity has the price at 2990 and Nextworld at 2690 + 40 for shipping. Nextworld has the date of shipping as 31st May

Makes sense to buy from GoG

Yes, why aren't you guys buying it from GOG? It offers DRM free game which is like buying it instead of just leasing it. Just burn it on discs as a back up.

Are Witcher 1 controls better if played with an X-Box controller?

baccilus said:
Yes, why aren't you guys buying it from GOG? It offers DRM free game which is like buying it instead of just leasing it. Just burn it on discs as a back up.

Are Witcher 1 controls better if played with an X-Box controller?
Witcher 1 doesn't have X360 controller support but Witcher 2 is well configured with x360 controller.

^^yeah only the starting part is a bit confusing if you havent palyed 1.witcher 2 has a new story.
i too left witcher 1 playing only few initial parts.But the saves of witcher 1 is portable in this one.

Aman27deep said:
Can one directly play W2 without playing W1?
I will, I started W1, and seeing the melee attack, I was like, WTF this is like shit coming out from the mouth bad.

THe videos were much better.

jojothedragon said:
Witcher 1 doesn't have X360 controller suppor

does that mean that u cant play with a X360 controller at all or u have to manually configure the controls??

im too planning to play witcher 1 before witcher 2..if theres is x360 cont support

Vasishta.Sushant said:
I just checked. Change the resilution first and then go to My Flat Panel Displays -~ Scaling Options -~ Move slider to 0% (from initial 15%)

And you will be all set.
No such option available.

2m65zyt.jpg

OMFG just started playing the game and its better than what i had expected the combat is one tough b**ch but the graphics is so oh my gawwwwwwwwd love the environ ments the charachters and the writing LOVE the game so glad i bought it

Tarcxy said:
I spared her :). I love Elves. I also sided with Yaevinn in Witcher 1. I dont know, theres something about them and their culture which really impresses me.
And if you havent finished chapter 1, below is a minor spoiler
I sided with Iorveth too at the end of Chapter 1. Though, I was sceptical about him at first, he is turning out to be a really a great character in chapter 2.

I ratted on her and had her arrested. But, after speaking to Dmitry in the Troll Trouble chain, I wasnt so sure if she was evil. :( Anyway, I also sided with Iorveth at the end of Chap. 1. Also, I thought the start of chapter 2 was spectacular. The way Phillipa arrives and the wraiths attacking from everywhere and the journey we take.. everything was awesome!!

Back