The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Re: The Witcher 2 - Discussion Thread

I am also keeping my fingers crossed. Bought the first game from GoG a few days ago. I really want to enjoy this series. :)

Dont know where my previous posts went !! I wanted to know how well it would run on C2D 2.4 Ghz with GTS 250 on 1920 X 1080

A c2d + gtx 250 should be able to play at low-minimum settings at 14x9/16x9 with tolerable/decent performance. With a Core i3 or C2Q you will probably do fine with low settings at 16x9.

dinjo said:
Dont know where my previous posts went !! I wanted to know how well it would run on C2D 2.4 Ghz with GTS 250 on 1920 X 1080
You also have the option of reducing the resolution. It will look great even on a bit lower resolution if you keep the aspect ration 16:9.

I am already advising you 14x9. I doubt it would look pretty at 10x7 or something, esp if you have a 21.5" monitor!

Witcher 2 has a metacritic score of 95 so far. The big sites are yet to review the game but from the looks of it, this one is a must have for RPG fans.

And for people who are worried that it might not run on HD5770, check this out :

This guy is running the game on high settings at 1920x1080 res on HD5770. HD5770 is still strong. :eek:hyeah:

IMO the video is like unplayable gameplay. It may not even be an average of 30 FPS. And there is no game on earth I find worth playing without at least 40-50 FPS, and those games are usually racing games. For the rest it is 50-60 or so.

Looks like CD Projekt didn't send out review copies to the big American sites, so they will have to play it with the gamers. You will find reviews on European sites only, for now.

rite said:
IMO the video is like unplayable gameplay. It may not even be an average of 30 FPS. And there is no game on earth I find worth playing without at least 40-50 FPS, and those games are usually racing games. For the rest it is 50-60 or so.
Well, that is your opinion. For an RPG 30-40 FPS should suffice. Infact, many console games are capped at 30fps. And that video looks very playable to me, also remember using FRAPS lowers the framerate by 10-15 FPS.

I have never really taken a hit by using FRAPS. Any source which claims so?

Maybe 1-2 FPS but definitely not more than about 2-3%, not close to 10% leave alone more.

rite said:
Dude seriously, I'm sure most people would be happy with 30-40 FPS. I doubt if you can even make a lot of difference. :p

I hardly have ever played games above 40 FPS unless it's an old game. :p

rite said:
I have never really taken a hit by using FRAPS. Any source which claims so?

Maybe 1-2 FPS but definitely not more than about 2-3%, not close to 10% leave alone more.
I meant that the framerate takes a hit if you use fraps for recording the gameplay which the youtube uploader obviously did.

Recording with FRAPS caps your framerate to match the video recording speed. If you're recording with FRAPS at 30 fps, your game will not run above 30 fps. And yes, even with a Core i7 you will experience lower framerates in games while recording at high resolutions and framerates.

dinjo said:
And how good does the game looks at low settings ?
It will look good if you are enjoying the game rather than just comparing graphics between the two resolutions. I personally always lower the resolution a bit, even for the games that can run in native resolution on my system. It looks a little softer and more comfortable to me.

Guys try 60Fps with VSync....

There is such a big difference in the smoothness, over 30-40Fps.....

Reduce the res, and try it out....

some config:settings comparisons here and some useful tweaks

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430456

Back