Budget Above 40k Things to do before accepting Open Box Delivery from Flipkart (cannot return once accepted)

rr9

Disciple
Hi,
Can you please advice us on things to do before accepting Open Box Delivery from Flipkart.

In this particular case I am asking about Samsung Phones (Galaxy S22 Plus)
But a general list would be helpful too.

How to confirm that IMEI is not already registered (or whatever that means)?
Check for Warranty?
Do a test on the phone? etc

Thanks

@awestorr Thank You for the advice.

1687426051541.png

Hi,
Can you please advice us on things to do before accepting Open Box Delivery from Flipkart.

In this particular case I am asking about Samsung Phones (Galaxy S22 Plus)
But a general list would be helpful too.

How to confirm that IMEI is not already registered (or whatever that means)?
Check for Warranty?
Do a test on the phone? etc

Thanks
also record the whole thing :p

Just for clarity, if you take this delivery and do not open it and while opening later you make an unboxing video which shows a missing device or something. Then Flipkart would still refuse any refund or replacement?

This is a major fraud..best thing is to opt out.. looks like Flipkart came up with this just to pass on damaged goods with the pretense of customer service...even if your concerns are genuine, it will not be addressed and they will deny refund..

This is a major fraud..best thing is to opt out.. looks like Flipkart came up with this just to pass on damaged goods with the pretense of customer service...even if your concerns are genuine, it will not be addressed and they will deny refund..
How is this a fraud if they are opening a sealed package in front of you and verifying the contents in front of you before they ask you for the OTP?

Just for clarity, if you take this delivery and do not open it and while opening later you make an unboxing video which shows a missing device or something. Then Flipkart would still refuse any refund or replacement?
I think this is not an option for the delivery boy either. He opens and takes pictures too which I believe he needs to share with someone higher up or such.

Back