Think before you buy from Snapdeal.

Same thing is written on Lenovo website. It's all bullshit.

I have purchased from flipkart/snapdeal after that notice and Lenovo is honouring not one year, but two years if accidental protection warranty, on both laptops.

The local dealers went to the companies and cried a river, hence the notice.. The thing is the same dealers sell on snapdeal and many other online sites.

Last edited:
I think it is only because of Flipkart's dominant position have they been able to escape the ban. Snapdeal is much smaller and hence much easier to destroy.

Don't think so. Snapdeal is backed by Ebay afaik. I did read somewhere that ebay helps out with funding. As far as not buy from snapdeal is concerned, well it's not like that at all. 3rd party sellers sell at snapdeal, they don't sell directly and they do that with VAT. Companies like Dell and others only have put the warning on their sites so that local shops don't get the problem with cost cutting. Snapdeal is alright to purchase anything in my previous experience.[DOUBLEPOST=1402247545][/DOUBLEPOST]
^They hurting only themselves if you what you are saying is true.

It is 100% true.

^They hurting only themselves if you what you are saying is true.
They are doing it because butt hurt offline retailers who want to keep charging exorbitant premiums and cannot compete with the online retailers are threatening these companies that they will stop carrying their products if they don't stop online retailers. And offline sales are much much more than online ones especially for companies like Dell, Sharp etc. so they are bending over backwards for these ****tards.

BTW Lenovo asks you not to buy from ANY ecommerce website: http://www.channeltimes.com/story/lenovo-does-not-authorize-flipkart-snapdeal-amazon/. I guess that means all ecommerce is bad.

You should read this if you want a good laugh:
http://wewillact.com/home.html

Last edited:
You should read this if you want a good laugh:
http://wewillact.com/home.html

:D

Today a handful of UNETHICAL online retailers have become a threat to the livelihood of more than 50 Lakh plus physical retailers. They are playing big GAMBLE to SELL BELOW THE COST PRICE to capture the market.
Clearly, these people don't know meaning of unethical and gamble and are also oblivious to concept called discount.

WE WILL ACT against FOREIGN FUNDED UNETHICAL ONLINE retailers in India. They must be punished for playing GAMBLING as it is not legal in India and also for anti competitive business practices.
Again, gambling... :banghead:
And to think, these folks were opposing malls and entry of companies like TATA in retail sector even though those companies are INDIAN.

“The XKart guys purchased the hard disk from me at Rs.5200.00 and they were selling in their website for Rs.4400.00. This kind of unethical business practices are spoiling our market. I am not supplying to any online retailers any more but they have money and buying from any distributors across India or importing directly. If they will continue this kind of loss making business practices I have no option but to close my distribution business."”

I highly doubt any online retailer works like that. And why would anyone sell products at loss, either online or offline (except for maybe M$ and Sony who sold consoles at loss AFAIK)?

And this is just homepage...

I'm thinking of making a facebook profile to troll their FB page...

I wonder what these people (and people who don't trust online shopping) will do if apps to compare prices are available in India.

Even AOC have same kind of warning in their website. I think war between online and offline retailers have already started. Offline retailers are pushing companies to stop online retailers by frightening customers against online shopping.

Snapdeal is no longer a small player. It's sale volume is comparable to Flipkart.

In a marketplace model, which is more dominant on snapdeal, it is allowing stuff having "seller warranty" to be sold in addition to a manufacturer warranty product. I feel, a normal non suspecting buyer is unable to spot this finer point and ends up buying a product that doesn't have the Manufacturer warranty. In Flipkart, I did not notic any "seller warranty" products being sold.

This customer when approaches the service center, will be refused service. He will then pick up a fight against service center. And I feel the companies are advertising against Snapdeal, just for this reason.

I understand this is not the exact reason and is open to discussion, but the actual reason may be quite close to it. There are some grey areas in my reasoning, like why Sharp Ac says no warranty as no one is selling "seller warranty" Sharp AC's and some other points.

In simple word Offline retailers/wholesalers simply dont want us the customers to shop from their own comfort zones and instead should walk to their stores which now a days seem much empty!!! Now for this reason they are using words like unethical and gambling. If this is the case then why just snapdeal should suffer??? Even ebay and amazon shouldn't be spared!!!
In fact in India all electronic items should be removed by these giants and other all online sellers and we should only buy chaddis & banyans online...:facepalm:

Tomorrow Kamasutra will come up with similar poison stating our condoms are used by these online retailers & then repacked and resold and some with holes on them and it boosts business of Manforce/ipill/ isure business...:clown:
So only buy our condoms from a physical medical shop.

They have actually toned it down. This is what it had the last time I saw it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20131020034848/http://www.wewillact.com/appeal.html

Let’s take some small steps
We will not purchase or supply anything to these unethical online retailers. ( XKart, Ydeal, KBong..)
Lets boycott them.

Let’s now punish them:
1- Let's place Cash on delivery orders for Rs.40000.00 rupees items every alternate day and cancel when delivery boy comes to delivery. This will make them to lose their fat by Rs.1000.00 at least.
2- Whenever you are free call to their customer care and waste their time. This will increase their customer care expenses.

They have actually toned it down. This is what it had the last time I saw it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20131020034848/http://www.wewillact.com/appeal.html
Which USA are they talking about? The one where I live?[DOUBLEPOST=1402322370][/DOUBLEPOST]Is this site for real?

http://wewillact.com/appeal.html
There was a thread in which these things were discussed: www.techenclave.com/community/threads/small-traders-complain-to-cci-on-flipkart-etc-fair-enough.154138/

Wow... unethical price war... Who is running that website... Here is a simple example of what's unethical...

There is only one BOSCH Washing Machine dealer in my city. Now when I went to him for a purchase he refused to lower price even by 100 bucks.. Asked me 29k for a machine which sells for 27.5-28k in metros... I had to buy from him 'coz even though it was available on SnapDeal for less they were not servicing my pincode.... They still don't...

Cherry on the top 2.5% extra for credit card payment & no EMI option...

Some people really know how to screw Indian consumers.. :finger:

Went to S.P. road with my friend last week to buy a laptop. He wanted to buy from a local store since he's not comfortable with buying it online.

Out of nowhere one of the workers at the shop tells me that buying laptops from online sites such as Flipkart would mean no warranty. He also told me to check official websites of Lenovo and Dell to check the same. I already knew about that.

I explained to him the legal consequences of such a thing happening, and also the pressure from local retailers to put up such a warning. He became quite angry and had no counter argument.

Just to explore this further I went to a number of shops to enquire about the same laptop, and then ask for price reduction since it's cheaper online. Got the same reply from everyone that you won't get warranty if you buy it online. They tell the same to everyone, and most of them start believing it too, and then spread the same to others.

Coincidentally, I heard the same from one of my friends later, who had no problem with buying online but was worried about the warranty not being honoured. He's buying it from Flipkart now.

The convenience of buying online, the huge product catalogue, and the cost advantage are really eating into the business of local retailers. They're worried.

Total bullshit being spread to consumers. It's just FUD.

I went to Lenovo shop in my area in Mumbai to check for a laptop for my dad. We zeroed down on a model and it was like 28K or so. The guy did not give me any discount. He offered me a toshiba external DVD writer which I did not want and he claimed it is 2500 Rs. But the main point was, I did not want that "Freebie". I also told him the same and insisted on price reduction. No dice.
Checked on ebay.in, bought the laptop for 23.5K (had a coupon as well) with all proper bill and invoice and all.

Most people who have never shopped online still fear the idea of ordering through websites. I can very well understand their fear. But these retailers are just creating more fear in them. They even think that we will get fake phones if we buy online. But it is good that flipkart has at least become synonymous with online shopping in India and people are checking rates on FK before plonking their money.
Unless it is a big white good (like TV, Fridge, Washing Machine), I would do all of my other purchases online.

snapdeal does not give receipt with snapdeal as its header, rather the 3rd party seller gives his own receipt (VAT paid)

so , i am not sure how anybody will know if the product is bought from snapdeal or any other e-commerce website.

though for the the first timers, such warnings will put up fear for buying online.

Back