Think twice before ordering Internal Hard Drives from Flipkart

I left a feedback in the "review seller" section. Also responded to their survey in which I answered that the packaging was poor. Is there anything else that I can do ??
Nope, you did your bit. Nothing more to be done. Excellent Job

Consumer laws are pretty strong in the US, even price discrepancies between Shelf and POS can attract huge fines, not necessarily by the customers but by Auditors.

There is one more reason for the good consumer service, people expect is and demand it. We have similar laws in India, but just implemented. Why does that stop up from demanding our rights and voicing our disgust? Why the chalta hei attitude? I have seen it so many times here on TE itself.

People actually sniggering at you when you demand your rights, or telling you to back off and let it be.

PRIME EXAMPLE: A clear law says housing/office can be sold on Carpet Sq ft basis, yet every builder quotes superbuilt up, built up, and then makes an agreement that is totally different. Yet there is only one case in court, and this is a transaction that involves CRORES of Rs. You mean to say people cannot take the advertised price X the total carpet area and demand he sell it to them at that price. The difference will run into crores, and yet only one case in the courts. Go figure.

Damn. I always bought my HDDs offline from prime because I was not too happy they way the couriers ship these items. And who spends their time in RMA queue? Us customers :mad:

As for sweeping it under the rug, I had a similar bad case regarding a fake card from Shopclues recently. They were at first adamant that its standard quality (Dunno how this looked like standard quality to them - http://imgur.com/a/W2DjB ) and I must use it as is. Its only when I told them that I would haul their ass to the consumer court for selling fake items, they relented. But I went one step further. I emailed Kingston about this, and they plan to take legal action against the merchant. Fingers crossed.

I feel that the OP should have bought this to the notice to WD as well. What FK did could make customers avoid WD drives.

I feel that the OP should have bought this to the notice to WD as well. What FK did could make customers avoid WD drives.

Already done that on Day 1 when they informed me that there could not be a valid bill for a replacement/recertified drive. No response from WD.

Here's what I emailed them:

Thank you for your timely reply with detailed explanation. I totally understand WD terms and what you're trying to convey.

I was cheated by Flipkart (online seller). I paid full retail price for the new product and was sent this re-certified drive instead. I am getting in touch with them and asking their explanation.

I would like WD Support to take note of this malpractice by one of the leading online retailers. I hope other customers are not cheated like this moving forward.

Back