'This is My Broadband Plan' Thread

ISP, Area, City: Airtel, Anna Nagar, Chennai
Speed and FUP: 2 mbps, 25 GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 512 kbps
Amount inc Taxes: 1,765
Performance: 100% or more of promised speed on downloads and torrents. No downtime.

Yes, I know. This is a plan from 2010 and I'm crazy to be paying that much. But until 2 months ago, there was no FUP on my account and I was downloading >400 GB every month. The plan is an old dual speed (day/night) plan that was very popular on this forum back in 2009.

Airtel's smartbytes page always displayed 'Not valid for your DSL id'. But as of two months ago, a 25 GB cap appeared overnight, speed was reduced to 512 kbps on crossing 25 GB (which I cross within a day). I've been fighting with Airtel for the past two months and the issue is now with their appellate division. They are refusing to restore my unlimited downloads and I am stuck on 512 kbps. I have no option but to switch to some other limited plan.

From discussion with their appellate division, it appears that Airtel is clearing out legacy plans with no download limit. Airtel users on legacy plans with no FUP limit, beware. Airtel did this to me and they can do it to you anytime. Check your Smartbytes page every day and complain as soon as they switch you out.

ISP,Area,City: Airtel, CV Raman Nagar, Bangalore
Speed and FUP: 8mbps, 90GB + free local and STD calls
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 512kbps
Amount inc Taxes: 1250ish (1099 for BB + 14.5 tax)
Performance: Pretty good. Downtime has been barely 2-3 over 3 years.

ISP,Area,City: Macone Broadband, Khopat, Thane (W)
Speed and FUP: 10mbps, Unlimited (I do get download speed of over 1 MBps). With Youtube and Torrent, speed is over 4MBps
Post Fair Usage Speeds: None ;)
Amount inc Taxes: Rs. 6800 for a year
Performance: Excellent.

ISP : Tata Indicom/Docomo Fiber (Till nearest node, copper after that)
Area, City : Sector-43, Gurgaon
Speed and FUP : 16Mbps and 160GB (1 Mbps UL)
Post FUP : 512Kbps
Amount (incl. Taxes) : ~ 1950
Performance : was poor for 6 months when i got it, (Made tons of complaints last year, its improved after they shifted their servers from Hyderabad To Mumbai in the last few months. Almost no downtime now, semi-occasional speed drops to 4Mbps for a couple of hours once a week. Some sites do have issues opening sometimes). 8/10
Average for gaming & streaming. Youtube works exceptionally well surprisingly.

Plan upgraded to 8mb from 2mb.
ISP : Airtel Chandigarh
FUP : 500 Gb/Month
Rental with taxes is 3435 inr/month.

ISP : Airtel
Planname - POWERDATA 3000
Area : Salt Lake Kolkata
Speed & FUP : 8 Mbps/512kbps post FUP
Data Limit : 500GB
Amount : 3000/- exc Tax.
Performance : 4.5/5 (minimal downtime), Decent pings (80ms or below generally), 7-9 Mbps speeds in general.

Incidentally the plan is offered with 16 Mbps for 500GB @ 3000/- exc Tax. Just that my area does not have coverage for 16 so had to revert back to 8 Mbps plan.

ISP : Airtel
Planname - POWERDATA 3000
Area : Salt Lake Kolkata
Speed & FUP : 8 Mbps/512kbps post FUP
Data Limit : 500GB
Amount : 3000/- exc Tax.
Performance : 4.5/5 (minimal downtime), Decent pings (80ms or below generally), 7-9 Mbps speeds in general.

Incidentally the plan is offered with 16 Mbps for 500GB @ 3000/- exc Tax. Just that my area does not have coverage for 16 so had to revert back to 8 Mbps plan.

I have been told the same thing. They have given me an ETA for 16Mb in next 3 months.

ISP: Local internet reseller (Sourced from In2cable)
City: Nagpur
Plan: 10 Mbps till 75GB then 1Mbps Unlimited ( Youtube peering means i can stream in HD even after FUP, same with famous torrent files)
Amount Paid including tax: Rs. 1200

Performance: No downtime from In2cable side but once or twice a month, the local guys have some issue which is fixed shortly as he comes on his bike within 1-2 hours of complaining.

ISP: Airtel / TriplePlay
Area : Sector 55, Gurgaon
Speed & FUP : Airtel - 500GB 8 Mbps/512kbps post FUP / TriplePlay - 5 Mbps no FUP
Amount : Airtel-3000/- exc Tax / TriplePlay - 950 incl taxes
Performance : 5/5 (no downtime in last 4 yrs) 8 Mbps speeds / 3.5/5 (always goes down during rain seasons)

ISP: Local internet reseller (Sourced from In2cable)
City: Nagpur
Plan: 10 Mbps till 75GB then 1Mbps Unlimited ( Youtube peering means i can stream in HD even after FUP, same with famous torrent files)
Amount Paid including tax: Rs. 1200

Performance: No downtime from In2cable side but once or twice a month, the local guys have some issue which is fixed shortly as he comes on his bike within 1-2 hours of complaining.

Hi, I also have internet connection from a local reseller. Can you please guide me on how to retain the same speed on torrents even after FUP?

ISP, Area, City: ACT Broadband, Moulali, Hyderabad
Speed and FUP: 40 mbps, 100 GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 3 mbps unlimited
Amount inc Taxes: 1,200
Performance: Excellent.

Hi, I also have internet connection from a local reseller. Can you please guide me on how to retain the same speed on torrents even after FUP?
Hey, this is from the ISP side, there is nothing you can do from your side to enable it.

ISP: ACT Broadband
Area : Adambakkam, Chennai
Speed & FUP : 100 mbps, 200 GB - 1 mbps after FUP
Amount : 2299 (inclusive of all taxes)
Performance : 5/5 (No uninformed downtime so far), Unbelievable speed

Back