Android Thoughts about Nokia G60 5G

Have another query. The phone didn't come with a USB cable to connect the phone to PC. It just came with USB type C connector at both ends, which connects to the charger

My mother has the One Plus Nord phone, and it has a USB cable to connect to PC, with type C connector at one end. Can I use that for my Nokia phone?
Yes, it is still android

A tip - it would save a lot of time if you compress the individual files and the folders into a single RAR/ZIP file on the old phone, copy this to the new phone (via PC or FTP or any other way) and then unpack this file into the WhatsApp folder on the new phone.

Yes I believe it should work. Try it once.

Okay, thank you. Will try.

Yes, it is still android

Thank you, just needed to confirm.

A tip - it would save a lot of time if you compress the individual files and the folders into a single RAR/ZIP file on the old phone, copy this to the new phone (via PC or FTP or any other way) and then unpack this file into the WhatsApp folder on the new phone.

Okay, will try that. Although, I think that compressing 18GB worth of folder will be a heavy task, and it might also take a lot of time, RAM and space to do that action

Okay, will try that. Although, I think that compressing 18GB worth of folder will be a heavy task, and it might also take a lot of time, RAM and space to do that action
Above tip is very crucial when you are transferring such a huge amount of data across different devices. I think you SHOULD do that way (zip and copy) to save considerable amount of time and avoid a possible data loss. Basically copy-paste operation for 1000 small files will be cpu intensive and time consuming compared to ONE very big file.
Also, few more below
1. do not compress, there will be option while creating zip file, about compression level - you have to select STORE or FASTEST (means, least compression, means least amount of task load, means least amount of time taken for completing zip file creation)
2. 18GB is very huge, is it only whatsapp folder, or for full phone data ? whatsapp images are compressed ones, so their sizes will be ~100kb. May be create a separate zip file for "Whatsapp Video" folder, and remaining as a separate zip file.
3. While copying data from phone to PC , I always COPY the source folder and PASTE in destination, then delete the source. I do this , as if in any case, copy operation is halted or broken for any reason, my source folder is intact. So, I can redo the PASTE operation again.
3. You need to create identical folder structure in your new phone for proper backup retrieval during the setup

Also, Why dont you take off important (memories) videos and photos from whatsapp and store in separate folders. I always create separate folders with proper naming and dates for any parties/events and put all the pics taken from my/other's phones and pics recieved on whatsapp. This way, I have all the pics at same place. No need to scroll through different chats to see the videos, also, no dependency on whatsapp etc

Apologies for writing too many suggestions, all I wanted is you get all your data safely and securely to your new phone and enjoy it .. Cheers

Last edited:
Above tip is very crucial when you are transferring such a huge amount of data across different devices. I think you SHOULD do that way (zip and copy) to save considerable amount of time and avoid a possible data loss. Basically copy-paste operation for 1000 small files will be cpu intensive and time consuming compared to ONE very big file.

I have transferred data from phone several times in the past. For bigger folders like Whatsapp, which contain other folders too, I copy folder by folder, so it is easy.
I will try with the zip method this time, let's see how it goes.

Also, few more below
1. do not compress, there will be option while creating zip file, about compression level - you have to select STORE or FASTEST (means, least compression, means least amount of task load, means least amount of time taken for completing zip file creation)

Okay, will try that. BTW, do you use any external zip app for this, or just the built-in one in the file manager. I use FX Explorer, and I only saw the option of store in that.

2. 18GB is very huge, is it only whatsapp folder, or for full phone data ? whatsapp images are compressed ones, so their sizes will be ~100kb. May be create a separate zip file for "Whatsapp Video" folder, and remaining as a separate zip file.

Sorry, the size is 8GB... I don't know how I said 18GB. I think it was the size of the whole backup of my phone lol

3. While copying data from phone to PC , I always COPY the source folder and PASTE in destination, then delete the source. I do this , as if in any case, copy operation is halted or broken for any reason, my source folder is intact. So, I can redo the PASTE operation again.

Yes, I always copy the source folder, and not cut it. And when the copy is done successfully, only then I remove the folder, that too, after I have successfully copied it to the destination, and only if I really do not need that folder on the source side

3. You need to create identical folder structure in your new phone for proper backup retrieval during the setup

Yea, I am aware of that, thank you.

Also, Why dont you take off important (memories) videos and photos from whatsapp and store in separate folders. I always create separate folders with proper naming and dates for any parties/events and put all the pics taken from my/other's phones and pics recieved on whatsapp. This way, I have all the pics at same place. No need to scroll through different chats to see the videos, also, no dependency on whatsapp etc

Yep, I do that too. Still, there are other miscellaneous media files that just don't belong anywhere and I keep the in Whatsapp itself.

Apologies for writing too many suggestions, all I wanted is you get all your data safely and securely to your new phone and enjoy it .. Cheers

No need for apologies. All the tips and advice is welcome. Others who read the thread might get benefit by it too. Thank you so much.

Okay, will try that. BTW, do you use any external zip app for this, or just the built-in one in the file manager. I use FX Explorer, and I only saw the option of store in that.
we have winRAR for android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rarlab.rar&gl=us)
it has the compression options in Advanced, i marked in image below, never had to use this option, believe it should work same as in desktop
1674826724489.png

What you can do is -
1. install whatsapp in your new phone, and open it once. DO NOT continue with setup, just open the app and close it again (this will create directory structure)
2. take your whatsapp folder from old phone and check if path --> "android/media/com.whatsapp" exists in your new phone, and copy "WhatsApp" folder inside that
3. start whatsapp setup, it should be able to find your local backup

I tried to do this, but I made a mistake in the second step. Actually, the first step just created the com.whatsapp folder, and I thought I had to move the contents of Whatsapp folder in that. So, it didn't work. So, then I followed the YouTube method. I created chat backup from Whatsapp, and it created the whole folder structure, and then I saw that com.whatsap folder contains the Whatsapp folder and not its contents. So, then I cleared Whatsapp data, and then moved the Whatspp folder there, and then tried setup again, and then it worked.

BTW, unlike Telegram, which allows the user to be logged in from both devices, Whatsapp doesn't allow that. As soon as I setup Whatsapp on my new phone, it terminated Whatsapp on my other phone. I panicked for a bit, because there are lots of old chats that I wanted, and I thought if somehow the old data didn't restore successfully on the new phone, I would be screwed LOL. But thank goodness, all worked fine in the end.

Also, thank you for that tip about creating zip archive for large folders. I did that with my Whatsapp folder, and it was easier to transfer to that way. Did the same with my pictures folder, because it is just huge, and transferred it to the new phone easily. I converted it to a zip archive on my PC though, and I hope the contents will extract without any problems on the phone lol. I haven't extracted it yet... will do it soon.

So, new phone is almost setup. I still need to install PhonePe, and I also need to figure out a way to transfer the data of that game app somehow to the new phone.

Is Xender able to send both data and its app to the new phone?

Thank you everyone for all the help. Really appreciate it.

But thank goodness, all worked fine in the end.

Also, thank you for that tip about creating zip archive for large folders
Good to know that everything worked out well.
The tip was from @john1911 , I just reiterated that :D

I also need to figure out a way to transfer the data of that game app somehow to the new phone.

Is Xender able to send both data and its app to the new phone?
Does that game have sync mechanism with Google play or something similar like that.
If so, the data should be synced to ur new phone. U might need to search the game's website or forum if it has one. Or Google is ur friend.
Xender - never heard of it, sorry

Good to know that everything worked out well.
The tip was from @john1911 , I just reiterated that :D

Yes, thank you to you both
Does that game have sync mechanism with Google play or something similar like that.
If so, the data should be synced to ur new phone. U might need to search the game's website or forum if it has one. Or Google is ur friend.
Xender - never heard of it, sorry

No, it doesn't have a sync mechanism. Actually, the game app doesn't store any private chat on its server, and therefore, if we install it on another phone, or even install it again on that phone itself, the chats are gone. But, I was thinking that maybe there might be some app which can transfer whole data and the app to another phone, as it is.

BTW, I was able to install PhonePe on the phone too. After verifying the number, it is working great. All the payment history is available on the app too. So, thank you again for the guidance.

Late to this thread but I recently bought a really cheap Nokia for a work phone (just calls and WhatsApp), and their OS is just such shit. I'd be interested to know from Nokia owners here whether they faced this in the higher end phones as well?

1. DND just straight up rejects calls instead of just silencing the ringer, and *does not show missed call notifications* for any calls that came in while dnd was on. This is just incredibly stupid imo. The person calling you hears the ring for half a second before the call is rejected, and that makes them think you're either deliberately rejecting the call or there is a network issue, neither of which are good if you're expecting important calls

2. If the phone is in deep sleep and is woken by a call over WiFi, it will
A. Keep ringing for hours and hours until it runs out of battery and turns off
B. Crash completely so you're not able to accept or reject or do anything without a reboot.
C. Not even add the number for the call to the call log so that you know whose call you missed when your phone rang itself to death while you were sleeping. If you see it before it turns off, you need to write the number down elsewhere, reboot, and then manually dial it.

Just overall, a staggeringly bad phone that I wish I hadn't bought. Doubtful I'd ever buy Nokia again.

Mi 18W quick charger should be fine I guess. It is available on Amazon.

Can you give a link please?

I used my Moto 33W to charge N7+. It does say "Charging Rapidly".

Wow lol. Is it safe to use chargers with such high output? Maybe I can use my mom's charger for OnePlus Nord CE2 Lite 5G charger too then. It is also 33 W :D
Late to this thread but I recently bought a really cheap Nokia for a work phone (just calls and WhatsApp), and their OS is just such shit. I'd be interested to know from Nokia owners here whether they faced this in the higher end phones as well?

Which model?

1. DND just straight up rejects calls instead of just silencing the ringer, and *does not show missed call notifications* for any calls that came in while dnd was on. This is just incredibly stupid imo. The person calling you hears the ring for half a second before the call is rejected, and that makes them think you're either deliberately rejecting the call or there is a network issue, neither of which are good if you're expecting important calls

I looked up Settings for DND on my phone, and there are several options there. Have a look and tweak it according to your liking. Maybe you should have taken a look at the settings yourself before you started to bash the phone itself?

I have never used DND, so I don't know exactly how it works

BTW, you cannot call the whole OS shit, just because you face problem with a certain feature. Nokia provide clean Android with so less bloatware. Also, if you do not like any apps, those can be uninstalled... they aren't forced on you in any way

2. If the phone is in deep sleep and is woken by a call over WiFi, it will
A. Keep ringing for hours and hours until it runs out of battery and turns off
B. Crash completely so you're not able to accept or reject or do anything without a reboot.
C. Not even add the number for the call to the call log so that you know whose call you missed when your phone rang itself to death while you were sleeping. If you see it before it turns off, you need to write the number down elsewhere, reboot, and then manually dial it.

What do you mean by deep sleep? Never heard of that term for a phone lol

What do you mean by call over wifi? Do you mean calling from an app like Whatsapp while on wifi?

Anyways the issue you describe hasn't happened to me.

Just overall, a staggeringly bad phone that I wish I hadn't bought. Doubtful I'd ever buy Nokia again.

Again, you cannot just a whole phone bad, based on a certain feature, and you didn't even seem to explore that feature fully. Did you look at the DND settings?

Last edited:
Yes, I can call a whole phone bad when critical features don't work like they're supposed to. And yes, I have checked the relevant settings. Nokia has just set it up to function differently.

Also, Nokia is not bloatware free. It still has the goddamn Facebook and Facebook app manager installed as system apps that you cannot entirely remove, just uninstall for a user via adb.

I did ask for whether other users have experienced these bugs, but you seem to have taken that as an invitation for gaslighting and saying you've not experienced them when you don't even know what I'm talking about. I invite you to take a moment to think about what you say, before you say it. It might save you the trouble of looking like a fool.

Have another query. The phone didn't come with a USB cable to connect the phone to PC. It just came with USB type C connector at both ends, which connects to the charger

My mother has the One Plus Nord phone, and it has a USB cable to connect to PC, with type C connector at one end. Can I use that for my Nokia phone?
all the USB C type cables are interpolable. Its the primary reason EU is making USB Type C as standard for many electronic gadgets to avoid e-waste.
Next iPhone is also shipping with USB Type C (as mandated by EU law)

Yes, I can call a whole phone bad when critical features don't work like they're supposed to. And yes, I have checked the relevant settings. Nokia has just set it up to function differently.

These might be critical features for you, not for general users. I am sure not many general users use deep sleep. I didn't even know what deep sleep means.

BTW, why would you keep phone on DND when you are expecting important calls?

Also, Nokia is not bloatware free. It still has the goddamn Facebook and Facebook app manager installed as system apps that you cannot entirely remove, just uninstall for a user via adb.

I recently purchased a Nokia phone, and there was no bloatware on it that I could not remove. But yea, maybe they installed Facebook on their lower end phones. Still, one app as bloatware is lot better than the likes of Samsung, and others who push a lot more apps on the phone that user cannot remove by regular means

I did ask for whether other users have experienced these bugs, but you seem to have taken that as an invitation for gaslighting and saying you've not experienced them when you don't even know what I'm talking about. I invite you to take a moment to think about what you say, before you say it. It might save you the trouble of looking like a fool.

You could've explained to me what deep sleep means, rather than posting vicious comments. You still didnt explain about call over wifi. You didnt post the phone model either.

Also, next time, it would be better to start a new thread rather than hijacking threads of others

all the USB C type cables are interpolable. Its the primary reason EU is making USB Type C as standard for many electronic gadgets to avoid e-waste.
Next iPhone is also shipping with USB Type C (as mandated by EU law)

Makes sense. Thank you for the information. We definitely need to reduce the amount of e-waste

Mi USB 18W Dual Port Charger for Mi Cellular Phones (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/0BLRhyo

Thank you again. BTW, it didn't strike me earlier, but now that I have a Nokia phone with a type-C charger, it should work for my Nokia 7 Plus too. Why didn't I think of that earlier sheesh

I used my Nokia G0 charger to charge my old Nokia 7 Plus phone, and glad to say, it is working great. Only thing is, it only works from one side... like, first I have to put in the charging pin in, and if it doesn't charge from that side, then I flip the pin and put it back in and then it starts charging. But am glad it is working... now I don't have to struggle with the old charger... had to put it in several times and place it in a good position before it started charging, and if I disturbed it, I had to start again... was very frustrating.

Back