PC Peripherals Tips for buying a new PC - What to avoid

Do not go overboard when deciding on a configuration. You do not need 2GB core2duo E8200 for office and internet surfing /downloading. You do not need quadcores for htpc's too.

Sometimes we tend to overspend on a GPU based on its performance in some games like crysis when we would not be touching that game at all.

big graphics cards (3870X2) and zebby cabbys (peace) and big mobos (K9A2 Platinum) wont go together
Reason1: very little space in the cabby, cant place another hdd anywhere.
Reason2: holes for screws dont match. which can result in a nightmare and breakage of gfx card worth 22k. I tied the graphics card to the cabby using the packing wire that comes with wires.

booo said:
big graphics cards (3870X2) and zebby cabbys (peace) and big mobos (K9A2 Platinum) wont go together
Reason2: holes for screws dont match. which can result in a nightmare and breakage of gfx card worth 22k. I tied the graphics card to the cabby using the packing wire that comes with wires.

nice info mate
plz post pics showing the exact problems uu faced so that we get good insight into it

Regarding gamepads. Always choose the known brand names, and it won't hurt to do a small survey on newegg's consumer reviews. :) Logitech (the Rumblepads) and Microsoft (Xbox360 controller) are the only ones worth choosing for an enhanced gaming experience - they both cost upwards of Rs.1000/- though, but will be last loong. :)

main_trouble said:
nice info mate
plz post pics showing the exact problems uu faced so that we get good insight into it

will post the pics later tonite. explaining the problems.

Cheap (read 200rs) HDD encclosures. I had 4 of them die on me. But a 150Rs 'Enter' laptop HDD box is doing fine for the past year. Also, stay away from Enter bluetooth dongles that use the Widcomm stack. They are a PITA to use when compared to those that use MS Stack. Also they need drivers which the MS ones don't.

main_trouble said:
zebro is nod good(comparing it with cm/antec) in case of cabinets,

but certainly much better than all other indian brands.
but zebro psu's are nowhere in the countdown.
thats wat i said, in indian brands.

hitachi and gigabyte also xfx gpu card

are woes rma :mad:

my 8600 gt is not working due you heating problem upto 100*c so i bought the riva fan cooler from dealer and fix it it work

also my Hitachi hard disk 160 gb my spring is broken but they dont where is rma service but i got stupid spam e-mail from website is woes where i bought from that shop

p35 gigabyte is outdated due you my lga 775 pin is damage but they dont have any stock board for replacement only for repair service center :| but it international warranty is woes like asus too

so i bought my nf-750 zebroncis mo for use now where i got yesterday :( after i sold my nokia 6600 for get new mo

btw i got the mo with warranty but they only repair at service center but they don't want you replacement :|

i am get too much headache for service are woes

so used some another brand with good warrtny and service too

ronit said:
thats wat i said, in indian brands.
Agreed.... My friends HDD shorted with Zebronics Platinum 500 Watter... No short circuit protection... VIP is much better Indian brand for PSU otherwise POV is good cheaper alternative (Not Indian though)...

updated point no 8 about smps

thanx to mods.

i thought to add tagan/seventeam also to the list but they were not added as

tagan-too expensive
sevsnteam-poor availability /service

booo said:

28jl91.jpg

you can see that screws dont match. its not just with gfx card, but with corsair psu, and the msi k9a2 mobo. for psu I had to use power.
for mobo, I managed somehow by pushing etc...

ivai9w.jpg

cant fit any hdds in these slots
If you look closely, the motherboard is almost below the hdd, and the IDE and SATA cables are just above where I placed the HDD.... :( :(

third thing is, The panel to which the mobo is fixed is also fixed, so you have to put the mobo in that box and tighten the nuts, looking at the size of the mobo, I had a very tough time.

rijojohn said:
avoid bying creative speakers

Just saying that xyz product/brand is bad is completely futile, Please do tell the reason why you think that a particular product/brand is not good.

Have been using creative speaker for a long time, no problems till now.

racy1 said:
Agreed.... My friends HDD shorted with Zebronics Platinum 500 Watter... No short circuit protection... VIP is much better Indian brand for PSU otherwise POV is good cheaper alternative (Not Indian though)...

agreee zebronics platinum series smps is the worst one that one can get..even the cheap smps that comes with cabinets are better than these.

Kumar said:
Cheap (read 200rs) HDD encclosures. I had 4 of them die on me. But a 150Rs 'Enter' laptop HDD box is doing fine for the past year. Also, stay away from Enter bluetooth dongles that use the Widcomm stack. They are a PITA to use when compared to those that use MS Stack. Also they need drivers which the MS ones don't.

Agree with you 100%
I have used 3-4 100rs enclosures with 2.5 HDD
many times, they ended up corrupting the filesystem and i had to reformat again loosing all data.
Then i bought Transcend Storejet for 500 and its working super. No disconnections, powersurge, no corruption,
Very reliable casing

Always go for transcend or vantec casing or better invest in passport drivesfrom WD or freeagent from seagate

octave said:
Do not go overboard when deciding on a configuration. You do not need 2GB core2duo E8200 for office and internet surfing /downloading. You do not need quadcores for htpc's too.

Sometimes we tend to overspend on a GPU based on its performance in some games like crysis when we would not be touching that game at all.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: so true thats the MOST logicaly put generic statement.

pcgamer said:
Agree with you 100%
I have used 3-4 100rs enclosures with 2.5 HDD
many times, they ended up corrupting the filesystem and i had to reformat again loosing all data.
Then i bought Transcend Storejet for 500 and its working super. No disconnections, powersurge, no corruption,
Very reliable casing

Always go for transcend or vantec casing or better invest in passport drivesfrom WD or freeagent from seagate

WD portable hd have shown huge failure rates.
i think we need more inputs.

guys put experiences about portable hard disks .

hd enclosures are a big no no.

Back