PC Peripherals Tirupati Enterprises and POV RMA Confusion resolved

v1gnesh

Adept
I'm hoping to make this message a wake-up call for TE members, regarding 'Tirupati Enterprises'.

A few days back, my Point Of View Black Diamond 500W acted up on me and refused to start. The SMPS in question, was purchased on 31st May 2008 from Tirupati Enterprises, via Sudhir( XtremeGX) . I've been facing a rather tough time since then, with the guys from Tirupati, especially the Regional Officer(Chennai). The SMPS has 2 years warranty(says a sticker on the same). The following course of events happened over the past few days :

Day 1 :

I went to Tirupati office in Chennai and showed him this SMPS and ask for replacement. (He was giving me a speech on how tough it is to make, and keep a commitment). Mr.Sankar(Regional Officer, Chennai) told me that I had 2 choices. One - give him my dead POV SMPS and wait 4-5 weeks for a replacement. Two - Take a Tagan TG500U37, paying Rs.500/- more. Option 2 seemed feasible and I opted for it. Since I didn't have the money then, I told him I'd come back the next day.

Day 2 :

When I went to get the SMPS, the fellow says the price is not 500, its 1000. Started blasting him for doubling the price and his fake promise. Ended up paying 650 for it. :|

Day 3 :

Mr.Sankar tells me that he got the replacement SMPS and asked me to take my 650 back and return the Tagan SMPS, and take my replacement POV. I told him that I'm busy and it'll take about one week for me to do the same.

Day 4 :

Getting back from college, I see around 40 missed calls from Mr.sankar ( :S ). Curious to know what it was, I called him back. He started pleading : bring back the Tagan ASAP and take your replacement. I cannot account for this 650 bux in any way.

( He keeps calling every day, for the next few days and gives me the same story. )

Day 7:

I take my SMPS to Tirupati hoping for a genuine replacement. After all the talk on commitment he gave the other day, I was fooled into thinking that he was genuine. This guy returns my dead SMPS and says that the warranty period is over and that he cannot do anything about it. Even when I called him before I started to leave to that place, he told me that the new replacement pieces have come. If it was genuinely out of warranty, why can't he inform me about the same on phone? And btw, there were no 'replacement pieces'. I got furious, got myself out of there. I didn't want to waste any more of my time with this spurious fellow.
Day 8 :

I call the guy and talk to him about the same. This fellow, hung up on me saying - 'no ji, if you want replacement, get it done through the Head Office'. I wonder WTH is his job then..

Day 9 :

I had mailed the HO(rma@tirupati.net) regarding this issue and the way Mr.sankar was 'handling' it.

I had purchased a Point Of View 500W Black Diamond (S/N :25R167080500056) from Tirupati Enterprises in May 2008, with "2 years warranty" . The SMPS ceased to work few weeks back and since then I've been trying to get to your Branch Manager, here in Chennai, regarding a replacement SMPS since it is still under warranty, whilst he's been busy neglecting my calls ever since i mentioned about 'replacement' and 'warranty'. I had to go in person to talk to him about this issue, and he promised me that he would get me a replacement SMPS. The result - he made me wait for 2 long weeks for the 'replacement' , and when I go to collect it, he says that my smps is out of warranty and that there's nothing he can do about it. If it was genuinely out of warranty, I wonder what stopped him from calling me sooner and informing me about the same. I'm totally dissapointed in the way your Branch Manager is handling this situation, as he keeps telling me that the warranty is just for 1 year and that he cannot get me a replacement, inspite of the fact that the label on the SMPS clearly states the warranty period to be 2 years. And as if this annoyance wasn't enough, your Branch Manager has tampered with the warranty label that entitles me to my replacement SMPS. If this case is going to be delayed any further, I will be forced to take this to the Consumer Court. Sort this issue out ASAP as there is no reason that I should deal with such arrogant behaviour and falsehood.

I got a reply the next day -

Dear Sir,
All POV SMPS is carrying one year warranty only. Warranty policy is depend on Principal company. Warranty period is not fixed by us. You can clarify from POV directly if you have any doubt for warranty period.
Thanks & Regards
Tirupati Enterprises

Gautam Singh
Day 10(today):

I send the same email to the same address(rma@tirupati.net). The fellow replied -

Dear Sir,
Please let us know that from where you have purchased below Point Of View 500W Black Diamond (S/N :25R167080500056) and provide us scan copy of Invoice for the same.
Thanks & Regards
Tirupati Enterprises

Gautam Singh

I sent them the necessary stuff; got a reply in the evening -

Dear Sir,
We can accept your RMA as special case and support you. We do not have POV SMPS in stock so we can provide Tagan TG500U37 but you have to pay a difference amount of Rs. 1000/-
If you can accept it then please confirm.
Thanks & Regards
Tirupati Enterprises

Gautam Singh

The 2 SMPS-es differ by about 500bux in today's price. Mailed them again.. -

The current prices of the 2 power supplies in question differ by a value of Rs.500/- approx . I don't know how Rs.1000/- sounds acceptable. My SMPS is still under warranty : I am entitled to get a replacement for no extra cost. Since the SMPS you are offering is worth a bit more, I can consider paying only the difference(Rs.500/-). Else, I'm ready to take a replacement POV SMPS. Considering it is out of stock(as you say), I'm guessing I will be able to get it within 4-5 days' time. Also, I would like to know about the warranty on the SMPS I'll be getting.

Being the only person able to provide few brands' products, I'm beginning to think its getting to their heads.
Waiting to see how this turns out..

EDIT : The entirety of the fault lies on Tirupati Enterprises, especially the Chennai Branch Manager. Sudhir (PhOeNiX) was really helpful throughout this process and I thank him for the same.

This is strange. Gautam seemed a very helpful fellow when I met him. Can you post here a photo of the PSU with the "2 year warranty" sticker clearly showing? Or does it state the warranty period on the invoice? As long as can prove that you were clearly told it was a 2-year warranty (or that there is no mention of one year warranty on the invoice so the sticker on the PSU is what matters), you have a clear case.

Charging 1000 bucks for two products which are only 500 apart in real price is not ethical. However, I thought the POV was ~2.4K and the TG500~3.3-3.5K, but I could be wrong. Or maybe the POV just became more expensive, or I'm behind the times.

^The POV comes with a 2 Year Warranty sticker. Dark Star just managed to ask them and tafter saying that he would contact POV abt this, he was offered 2 Years i think. More in his Sales thread.

And as of now the POV is around 2700 , and the Tagan is around 3200-3300 i think. So not more than 500 Rs.

1yr old = worth drops to 2200 bux so 1000 bux is cool

1yr old + dead = worth 500 bux (heatsinks, fans, wires etc...) so 1000 bux is even cooler

thats sad , tirupati was known for good ASS :(

anyway u should have not given the tagan and leave him with 650 bux :mad:

that pov psu doesnt seem any better than extreme power . better stick with tagan ...

^Why should he if the sticker on the PSU box reads '2 year warranty'? He's entitled for a free replacement if the PSU is under warranty. Perhaps the PSUs shipped later carried only a year of warranty.

Dark Star did confirm this in his sale thread, rightly pointed out by Phoenix:

Juts confirmed from Tirupati CHD, he said he will provide 2 years warranty if the SMPS has the sticker and he also mentioned that new SMPS that are comming now has 1 year sticker so it will only have one year warranty..

Thus the SMPS will have 2 year warranty

http://www.techenclave.com/1206068-post14.html

I had the exact similar case from same Tirupati guy (Mr.Shankar) chennai

Just a month before, my friends POV psu went dead and took it to Tirupati as advised by ITwares

They took 1 week for RMA and after few calls, he said POV replacement is not in stock and will take 2-3 weeks

He gave option of taking a new Tagan 500 for 325 more (after a bit of bargaining) with full 3 years warranty

In my case, the deal was smooth, not sure why it turned so bad for you

Now I am skeptical, I am having a Palit 4850 which was told to have 3 years warranty, hope they don't reduce warranty on this

ITWares have mentioned (3 years warranty) on my invoice, so i guess i wont have any issues :)

Udit said:

1yr old + dead = worth 500 bux (heatsinks, fans, wires etc...) so 1000 bux is even cooler

your calculation holds good if the PSU is out of warranty

In this case it is in warranty and the buyer is entitled for the same or a BETTER product

so pay 1000rs more for another PSU more is BS

Udit said:

you are kidding isnt it? :bleh:

When the product is under warranty, its for the company to replace it, why should the buyer treat it as a dead one? (its not considered to be dead till the end of warranty period).

Even, its wrong for the distributor to ask for more money for covering the warranty, even if he is supplying a better product as its supplied only in lieu of the dead product under warranty. Its distributors mistake if he is not having enough stocks to cover the warranty.

Lol, Tirupati finally exposed for the crooks they really are. Importing multiple brands is easy, providing proper support for them is an entirely different matter ;)

Spectre said:
your calculation holds good if the PSU is out of warranty
In this case it is in warranty and the buyer is entitled for the same or a BETTER product
so pay 1000rs more for another PSU more is BS

gmano said:
you are kidding isnt it? :bleh:

When the product is under warranty, its for the company to replace it, why should the buyer treat it as a dead one? (its not considered to be dead till the end of warranty period).

Even, its wrong for the distributor to ask for more money for covering the warranty, even if he is supplying a better product as its supplied only in lieu of the dead product under warranty. Its distributors mistake if he is not having enough stocks to cover the warranty.

think Indian Standards :p

you won't get that good service or loyalty here :rofl:

This is really shameful :mad: These guys are really pathetic. When I first called the Tirupati guy some attendant picked the phone and asked about the problem. I politely asked that Tirupati handles POV warranty as they are the distributor ? just to be on the safe side :p that guy said warranty to jis dukan se liya hai wahi dega :lol: I was like WTF! I asked him to pass the phone to some superior of his, the guy came to phone and I told him about the warranty issue, in the starting he was adamant that the PSU holds 1 year warranty. I told him that it has a sticker stating 2 years warranty. He kept on crying about 1 year.

I got mad in the end and said I am going to complain POV about this double standards of yours and will mail them about cheating customers by providing lower warranty then what it is written. That guy got baffled for once and told me that he will consult his Head Office. After 10minutes he called me again and said he will give 2 years warranty if the product has the sticker. He even offered me Tagan but since I was just confirming I said I don't want Tagan...

Guys from Tirupati seems to fraud, cheating buyers by providing lesser warranty.. BTW here is the image showing sticker of 2 years warranty.

snap0856.jpg

Mostly these all guys are same, these Tirupati and Rashi and all. Pathetic service as always. Sometimes RMA process of one thing takes 1 month. :(

Somehow these ethics of fair trade really do not seem to be an issue in places like europe, first of all their products really don't go kaput that often. Why oh why is there such a sad attitude of after sales service in India

That is really bad,luckily i had a decent experience with Tirupati,Cochin with some help frm Rahul(ITW).

btw guess you should contact POW directly,let them know that their Official Distributors are shitting you,i hope that helps you.

best of luck,btw i suggest take a proper picture of the PSU with the sticker before giving it to them back,who knows they might jst take the sticker off next time!

Thats the reason buying from a genuine shop for 100-200 premium works.......

Thats the reason we prefer prime and all....

Atleast we are sure there is a genuine big shot to kick their a$$....

Back