Monitors To 4k or not to 4k ?

ok, im trying to get in touch with my contact at asus and will update u if i get some information on the matter, have told them about the interested members. lets see what happens.

Got the Dell P2415Q directly from Dell, 32k incl.shipping. For the wife, who runs a graphics design business.
Great monitor, decent for games as well.

Got the Dell P2415Q directly from Dell, 32k incl.shipping. For the wife, who runs a graphics design business.
Great monitor, decent for games as well.
great to know that , but my requirement is for a 27 inch IPS display and above and it should have a Gsync with refresh rates north of 140hz ,

guys looking to get the 27" acer(XB270HU bprz), 1440p, 144Hz, G-SYNC, IPS. It fits my case perfectly as I think resolution is good considering I have only a GTX 780 Ti, I can use GSYNC and 120Hz (Geforece 700 series limit?) should be good enough as well.

review at TFT central: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

Any idea if prime has discounts during/around diwali ?

Last edited:
guys looking to get the 27" acer(XB270HU bprz), 1440p, 144Hz, G-SYNC, IPS. It fits my case perfectly as I think resolution is good considering I have only a GTX 780 Ti, I can use GSYNC and 120Hz (Geforece 700 series limit?) should be good enough as well.

review at TFT central: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

Any idea if prime has discounts during/around diwali ?

Confirmed that there are no discounts on these ! and these were in very low numbers like 10-20 im not sure if they still have em though , call them up once and check

if i were you id wait and score an Asus and get one imported , the indian prices totally suck

Yeah I know, check other asus monitors there, a lot of similar complaints lately. Either QA has taken a hit or people there just like to rant and return stuff. Just a little sceptic on importing.[DOUBLEPOST=1445758563][/DOUBLEPOST]
4k gaming, super crisp text in scaled resolutions, web development, so much screen space.. Are some of the reasons
web development ? why do you need 4k res for that ?

Having web browser side by side with console, 2 full window sublime.. Basically more pixels help.. Then you can check easily for high density/retina devices n more..

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 11.32.00 AM.png

still waiting for them to get back to me... any1 know somone in dell for 27/30 options? / acer for the xr34 ??

View attachment 60767

still waiting for them to get back to me... any1 know somone in dell for 27/30 options? / acer for the xr34 ??

Did you receive this mail today? I do work with Dell but personally don't know anyone dealing with monitors, as they no more offer epp on them, I'm considering the Acer option too but the price would be too high

Did you let those guys know that prime is working on it or did they themselves mention that?

they themselves mentioned it.. i got it on sunday actually, emailed a reminder yesterday aswell, guess we have no option but wait for the HQ to get back.

i have no clue, lol we all are expecting 60k and that would make this a great deal.... anything more and that makes it a no go in my opinion ... cuz we can all wait and buy individually whenever, esp if the price diff is under 3-4k of the current selling price.

Back