Monitors To 4k or not to 4k ?

im not sure what to do here, seems like the only way to get products at right prices is to move to a different country, we pay high taxes on every effing thing and what do we get at the end ? exorbitant prices ! so my plan of buying a monitor is gone, ill probably get a 4k tv and be done with it, dont want to feed these greedy bastids who want to take us Indians for granted !

we should all boycott their products and force them to price things right or take the outbound flight !

It's overpriced in most countries except for US/Canada. The VG248QE is still selling for 25k+ in India while it's just about $250 is US. After a lot of frustration, I got MG279Q for 50k from Aashirwad. For me, paying an additional 1/3 of its price just for G-Sync was not worth it. Now I'm thinking of selling my Nvidea cards and get a 390x. Although, NVidea commented that they "may" add freesync support in the future, I don't see that happening at all.

It's overpriced in most countries except for US/Canada. The VG248QE is still selling for 25k+ in India while it's just about $250 is US. After a lot of frustration, I got MG279Q for 50k from Aashirwad. For me, paying an additional 1/3 of its price just for G-Sync was not worth it. Now I'm thinking of selling my Nvidea cards and get a 390x. Although, NVidea commented that they "may" add freesync support in the future, I don't see that happening at all.
Actually they've already implemented VESA adaptive sync via the eDP interface in laptops. Not sure why they are price gouging and not supporting the same for DP based monitors.

Monopoly is bad to be honest and that's what the GPU market is turning into. I wanted to buy a Fury and 390 for my two machines but then the Fury X was MIA so I was forced to pick up a 980 ti which anyways is a better deal. The 390 (only MSI available) is priced at 32k in India - a full 10 grand over price I paid the Strix 970 GTX for the second machine.

AMD is shooting itself in the foot thanks to availability and pricing issues. 4 years ago when I bought my 7970, it was 32k while the slower 680 GTX was close to 40 - it was a no brainer. Now it appears the tables have turned.

im currently negotiating with primeabgb to talk to the Asus guys and get a price reduction !, if priced right how many guys would be interested in that monitor here on TE ?

id like to know the price... cant promise a purchase, but might be interested. Lemme know the best price u can manage, I might be able to help more.

lets see whats the best price we can get from asus and then take a call? ryan did u get any quotes from prime or asus?

and how many people r actually interested lets take a roll call so far

1) mutant
2) toxicdrift
3) Chaos
4) rajan1311
5) mjeri
6) sarang
7)ryanrulez4ever

Last edited by a moderator:
lets see whats the best price we can get from asus and then take a call? ryan did u get any quotes from prime or asus?

and how many people r actually interested lets take a roll call so far

1) mutant
2) toxicdrift
3) Chaos
4) rajan1311
5) mjeri
6) sarang

Asus is asking prime for a link where the price is less than 70k INR , i'm not able to find many unfortunately, only ones i could find are below , if you can share more links that would be wonderful, we could build a stronger case

599 GBP without tax (tax can be redeemed at the airport)
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-a...r-2560x1440-4ms-10001-dp-hdmi-2x-usb-30-black

anandtech regarded one of the top 3 hardware site explicitly quotes 799USD
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9710/asus-announces-two-new-rog-gaming-monitors

Hexus.net which is again a top 3 hardware site quotes at 699GBP (pls note that european prices are always 15-20% higher than US / canada prices (indian prices are still 15% higher than this already inflated price)
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/monitors/87242-asus-rog-swift-pg279q/?page=5

Back