Tomb Raider - Discussion Thread

^^Have you tried the console version? If that is stable then please let me know.Only condition is that it should not look like bayonetta.
I am really getting frustrated due to sudden lags in Far cry 3!

^^Have you tried the console version? If that is stable then please let me know.Only condition is that it should not look like bayonetta.
I am really getting frustrated due to sudden lags in Far cry 3!

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I haven't tried it on any console. I assume you're referring to the Playstation 3 version. This could probably help you a bit:

Well killed my weekend and finished the game. First thing, let me take back all my comments about this game being bullshit (Or I'll say that I was being a jerk in coming up to a conclusion so soon). This game was the finest I've played in recent times. Perfect level progressions, story building, cinematics, gameplay, level design and what not. The game keeps you on your toes, right till the end. Of course, I shouldn't have compared it to the previous generations of TR. This is (as already mentioned, is more about survival than adventure).

Wouldn't say it was perfect since it also had some flaws but overall it was a wonderful experience while it lasted. Crystal Dynamics has done a tremendous job and I am really looking forward to sequel/successor, if its in the making/thoughts.

All in all a 5 star rated game, as per me. Just give it some time before being judgmental.

This:

Just give it some time before being judgmental.

For all those who've been complaining that puzzles are missing in the game! This is NOT the Tomb Raider title that has released before! This falls into a completely different genre.

Anyhow, I was busy over the weekend with friends coming over, groceries, cooking and stuff like that. But found some time yesterday past midnight to play a bit more. Completed 80%, reached the Cliffside Bunker after recovering some tools onboard the Endurance. All the skills have now been unlocked barring the last one - Dodge Kill Mastery. Combat has drastically improved with Lara able to do several gory finishing moves! Unlocked the compound bow as well.

Shall hopefully complete the title tonight! :D

For all those who've been complaining that puzzles are missing in the game! This is NOT the Tomb Raider title that has released before! This falls into a completely different genre.

The genre remains the same - Action Adventure. The previous games weren't particularly labeled as "puzzle platformer" either. Crystal Dynamics spent time in providing a more cinematic experience, as opposed to their traditional approach. Since this was an origins story, it justified the former method.

That is the problem. People still think it belongs to/must've been the same action-adventure title as the previous ones were. It isn't. This is a survival action-adventure title for the lack of a better term. And the whole title and the gameplay revolves around Lara trying to get out of the remote island where her ship wrecked with exploration and survival mechanics. In the previous titles, Lara would be in search of parts of some random artifact or temple and face enemies guarding them. That isn't the theme on which this title is based, nor is this a proper spin-off like The Guardian of Light and that's the point I am trying to put across.

There are puzzles in the title but not as much as the previous one. Most of them may be skipped but there are a few which cannot be.

Finished about 23% of the game. This is one heck of a reboot. the shooting and platforming mechanics are solid and the graphics are astounding. is there any way to turn off screen bobbing ? i find it very distracting. i haven't checked out the MP component yet. the SP so far seems very interesting. Kudos to nixxes for one helluva port. this game is running smooth as a butter with all the setting cranked up all the way to maximum except for tress fx. however, my frame rate drops when a whole area is bieng rendered at once. for example when you go the save the pilot from the plane crash. my frame rate dropsdrastically if i look at the surrounding. i hope this gets fixed with the latest nvidia drivers

Running the game at ultra and it is running smooth ! have completed 35% game with some mp in 13 hour . I will easily give it 30+ hour , which is awesome , 10/10 for me .

Changes karo to problem.
Changes na layo to problem.

Not applicable to everyone.I still dont have anything major against call of duty.
Btw change is inevitable what matters is the magnitude.I liked dmc reboot too but i would have enjoyed it more if its name was not DMC. I am not saying the game is bad i just said it disappoints the fans who expected something more from the original not a reboot.We have enough survival games already.Btw since i have not finished the game so please dont take these as my final words.

I have been teasing around with the game lately. Played about 117 minutes (as per Steam) and the experience so far is.. is... awe*&^$%^some..

I dont know how many of us noticed the smooth and seemless transition of the playable to cutscene in radom during the gameplay. That amazes me because its pretty easy to be missed and you never feel like your crawl is awkward or the way your crossing looks so painful. Yes, I am talking about automated (cutscene kinda) Lara's posture transtition and body language that mends to the path while she moves through narrow paths.

The missing HUD makes it a treat to watch. Otherwise our focus might shift more often to the HUD rather than the actual gameplay.

I am not a puzzle lover and the TR games earlier couldnot inspire me like this. So yeah, sorry to say, I love this more than the earlier TR's :)

I dont know how many of us noticed the smooth and seemless transition of the playable to cutscene in radom during the gameplay. That amazes me because its pretty easy to be missed and you never feel like your crawl is awkward or the way your crossing looks so painful. Yes, I am talking about automated (cutscene kinda) Lara's posture transtition and body language that mends to the path while she moves through narrow paths.

That is one of the better transitions I have seen. It used to be there in Dead Space 2 and 3, if you recollect. And no loading sequences in between other than the first load from the start.

On a related note, have you noticed how quickly the game switches to its main menu when you click on the icon from the desktop? All the logos are shown on one screen - Crystal Dynamics, Nixxes, Eidos and Square Enix. Instead of showing them and animating them individually! In most games, this can be skipped (Crysis 3 for instance) but some others force you to sit through all the logos which can be a pain at times. I loved this part and wish the other devs. made it this way.

Enjoy the game. There's more to come as you progress. :)

That is one of the better transitions I have seen. It used to be there in Dead Space 2 and 3, if you recollect. And no loading sequences in between other than the first load from the start.

On a related note, have you noticed how quickly the game switches to its main menu when you click on the icon from the desktop? All the logos are shown on one screen - Crystal Dynamics, Nixxes, Eidos and Square Enix. Instead of showing them and animating them individually! In most games, this can be skipped (Crysis 3 for instance) but some others force you to sit through all the logos which can be a pain at times. I loved this part and wish the other devs. made it this way.

Enjoy the game. There's more to come as you progress. :)

Yup I have noticed that there is no loading whatsoever till now (the 2 hrs of my gameplay).

And also the cutscenes mend in graphics with the real play time. Oh yes, I have seen ugly looking cutscenes before and this one seems to be pretty good as compared to many a high roller games out there.

Even the main menu looks awesome and playing around howering those menu options is like heaven. Butter smooth with an elegant 3D touch.
I know its trivial, but worth noticing the efforts put in to fine tune a product.

Overall, worth the penny till now (both on my 7870 which is 2 months old and the game). Awaiting to go home to continue my journey.

I just fixed the "tough guys" leg that went shapeless caused by wolf kisses. He now asks me to reach the skies and put a beacon up there. **Cruel guy asking a poor lady to go through all this**.

Careful with the spoilers although that one seems just fine.

Wait until you get there. ;)

Yeah I modified the content enough not to be a spoil sport and hence use of subtle sarcasm :p

I am eagerly waiting to see whats on store for me.. For now I think I am looting enough for my upgrades i think i might do it thorugh out.
Bow & Arrow is intriguing and a pleasant experience here unlike FC3.. besides you cant compare a sandbox with a rather linear (mostly, though each area is large enough to make you believe that its a non-linear map) game.

Back