Touchscreen mobile phone, budget:under 15k

vint

Disciple
Hi,
Looking for a touchscreen mobile phone with the below features:

1. FM radio support
2. 2 MP camera or above
3. wifi support and corresponding browser support (flash is a bonus)
4. FM radio & mp3 support
5. video recording and playback
6. 3G
7. Memory slot supporting atleast 16 GB.

let me know your suggestions :)

^^5233? no 3G, only 2 MP cam, no Wifi, and all other imported features are missing. how come it is the best buy?? You must hav actually meant 5230...it lacks Wifi, except that it is a 5800XM variant for 9k.

android 2.1 requires 256 mb ram to work properly.also all really useful apps are paid.so out of 3 major smartphone os i.e. iphone,symbian s60v5,android i think symbian is best bet because:
1.free ovi maps
2.lot of free apps
3.most customisable os
4.stable
5.camera interface and video recording in nokia 5800 or 5230 is much better.
6.nokia has better features and sales package contents.
also know that in 2010 smartphones are going to explode in the market.nokia has broken the 10k barrier with really good offerings.everybody will follow.i feel acer,samsung,htc are going to bombard the market with great phones at 10k pricepoint.this is possible because the major smartphone os android,symbian are free and open source.and to take advantage of all their features wifi gps 3g all are required.nokia already sells 5230 without wifi at 8200.and wifi chips dont cost 1000 bucks per handset.if you are looking for a handset to keep for next 2-3 years wait for new launches.

abracadabra said:
minus point 3.. u get Nokia 5230! i guess tht's the best bet!

for wifi how many places are these days free to access the net on the fly??

so NOKIA 5230 rokz!

with wifi routers available for as low as 1.2k, it's better to go for a phone that has wi-fi. I am taking full advantage of wifi at home and office and my phone always keeps me online (google talk, twitter etc) and thanks to wifi, I need not use up data limits on EDGE/3G in case I want to install apps.

Go for samsung i5700.. It is the best bet around that price...

I have also researching for phone around that range and finally goin for i5700... u can also go for i7500 as well.... The best part is that it is based on android OS, and u can mod with lot of customizable firmware found on the net...

If u want an alternative, i can suggest LG gt505 (with 5 mp cam and has some best features)

I personally don't like nokia 5800 touchscreen and the screen resolution.. kinda sucks..

GO for nokia

as it support avi playback which i didnt find any other non symbian and non windows handset supporting these days.

You also get wide variety of applications to choose from .

Some of the best application i found useful are

1) Smartget (Just like internet download manager i usually keep 5-6 download in queue very handy application for download freak like me).

2)Multiple application support(I usually watch movies while my download is going on .With players like core player and smart movie you get wide variety of format to watch.

where as other brand supports .mp4 and .3gp formats only.

3)With a gaming series like ngage no other brand provides you with experience like n-gage does( iphone is a exception here.).

4)Many other features too but tired of typing....:)

For Touch screen ...
I would say i-phone but its way out of ur budget ....
After i-phone thn there is HTC ...
there r various htc models available ....
the touch flow n touch screen of htc is awesome .... :hap2:

i thought you are going to type 20 points ... disappointed to see only 4 :D

spica supports divx playback

there are probably more apps in android then you will have in nokia

you can multitask in android too

i dont know about the gaming capabilities as i donot game :D

please continue your advantages

if ur buying i7500 with android os 1.6 screen resolution is restricted to 65k colours , and screen may be amoled on i7500 but pixel count is 320*480 on samsung i7500 .

On nokia 5800 u get 16m color resolution with pixel count of 360*640 . so if ur goin to watch lots of videos on ur mobile it will look much better on nokia and sound quality from 5800 is great ..

so just from hard ware point of view in this department nokia 5800 scores over samsung i7500 .

kippu said:
i thought you are going to type 20 points ... disappointed to see only 4 :D
spica supports divx playback
there are probably more apps in android then you will have in nokia
you can multitask in android too
i dont know about the gaming capabilities as i donot game :D

please continue your advantages

Here it goes.....
4)You can watch live tv with Nokia.Most of BSNL ,Relience live tv(rmtp support)format channels work with decent quality in Nokia where as i found its very difficult to do in other brand(real player support).
5)Most of streaming sites like you tube,vuclip works great on nokia.
6)It has python support so you can run python applications too.
One of the great python application is smart get download manager .
I used to download 1 GB per day(blive it or not) through my tiny mobile.
(which save more electricity than normal computer).
7)It has support for mkv format which i found very good format .I get feeling of having tiny HD Player running in my device.
8)Email configuration is more easier than sony ericson.
9)Most of operator like airtel,relience introduce gprs settings considering brand like Nokia,Sony.
(for example when i asked to send them gprs settings for my friends android phone .They refused to do that as they didnt have the setting for android)
10)Will continue on this once my finger pain is gone :)

i hope you stop downloading because you are going to break your phone soon enough :) and even though some points are valid , and also some you are just repeating to fill numbers, i suggest you stop being nokia fanboy ( which is your right though) and try other phones too ...

kippu said:
i hope you stop downloading because you are going to break your phone soon enough :) and even though some points are valid , and also some you are just repeating to fill numbers, i suggest you stop being nokia fanboy ( which is your right though) and try other phones too ...
I didnt intend to spread advantages of nokia .
I been downloading since 1 year How long you want your phone to sustain .
you can add above sentence to advantage list you want.
:hap2:

11) Durable (Even after falling numerous time still working great).
12) More Service centers across india.
13) Affordable.
14) Parts are easily available.
15) Better Music quality(Only after introducing express music series).
16) Customizable .
17) Better Browsing experience on symbian V5 touch screen phones(5800,N97 e.t.c).
18) Improved processing.
19) Wi-fi at affordable range.
20) Best Value for Money.
Thats all i can say if you can find any phone with such feature do let me know.
I would like to break Nokia's Monopoly.

pinga123 said:
I didnt intend to spread advantages of nokia .
I been downloading since 1 year How long you want your phone to sustain .
you can add above sentence to advantage list you want.
:hap2:

11) Durable (Even after falling numerous time still working great).
12) More Service centers across india.
13) Affordable.
14) Parts are easily available.
15) Better Music quality(Only after introducing express music series).
16) Customizable .
17) Better Browsing experience on symbian V5 touch screen phones(5800,N97 e.t.c).
18) Improved processing.
19) Wi-fi at affordable range.
20) Best Value for Money.
Thats all i can say if you can find any phone with such feature do let me know.
I would like to break Nokia's Monopoly.

hmm. The points that I have bolded here are not specific to brand but are specific to models. And trust me, browsing experience depends on browser and touch input than on phone brand. There are as many junk phones in Nokia as there are in other brands. for wifi, Samsung offers cheapest wifi phone (star wifi for some 9k). Samsung i5700 is more powerful than 5800XM at same price. There are other phones too with excellent audio quality in SE and Samsung. In the end it all comes to model number and not brand.

When it comes to support, Nokia support sometimes suck as much as other brands support. And they are not considering India for any new phone launches. N900, X6, X3 are three such phones.

desiibond said:
hmm. The points that I have bolded here are not specific to brand but are specific to models. And trust me, browsing experience depends on browser and touch input than on phone brand. There are as many junk phones in Nokia as there are in other brands. for wifi, Samsung offers cheapest wifi phone (star wifi for some 9k). Samsung i5700 is more powerful than 5800XM at same price. There are other phones too with excellent audio quality in SE and Samsung. In the end it all comes to model number and not brand.

When it comes to support, Nokia support sometimes suck as much as other brands support. And they are not considering India for any new phone launches. N900, X6, X3 are three such phones.
Well said.But at the same time can u list any one brand which has all the features that nokia support?
I m not asking this as i m nokia fan but i couldn't find any of such device which is offering so much of features.

One more point left is that when i say better browsing experience I really mean it.
I will give you complete information about this.
1)Most of the browser supports Opera mini jar version.
We all know Opera is a great browser (No doubt).
2)But i prefer Opera sis version which is Nokia specific only(Because of sis extention).
Which has many rich features.
Flash support.
You tube video play .
Online payment is easier as i couldnt able to transfer money using normal opera version which work in other brand.
I would love to abandon nokia if some one find all these features in one single phone.

Back