Touchscreen mobile phone, budget:under 15k

vint

Disciple
Hi,
Looking for a touchscreen mobile phone with the below features:

1. FM radio support
2. 2 MP camera or above
3. wifi support and corresponding browser support (flash is a bonus)
4. FM radio & mp3 support
5. video recording and playback
6. 3G
7. Memory slot supporting atleast 16 GB.

let me know your suggestions :)

amol_cool said:
Ok Apart from the Memory up to 16GB, Nokia Xpressmusic 5800 will be the closest IMO. :)

You can however expand up to 8GB. Comes at around 14k on ebay and if you have discount coupon then even great. For 14k you will even get sennheiser headphones.

The 5800 DOES support upto 16GB :)

spica i 5700 disadvantages:-
1.no bluetooth file transfer yet.
2.no easy way to sync to pc
3.no fm
4.laggy 2.1 on 128 mb ram
5.poor camera interface.
6.poor video recording
7.poor app and availability.all good apps are paid and paid apps not available in india yet.
8.my dealer reported many complaints from users of i7500
so i went ahead and bought 5230.really wanted totry android but its not mature for my full use yet.i think by end of this year we will see stable android 2.1 phones running 800mz-1gz processors with 256 mb ram from all major manufacturers-acer,motorola,samsung in 10-12k price range.that will be amazing stuff!

drsingh said:
spica i 5700 disadvantages:-

1.no bluetooth file transfer yet.

2.no easy way to sync to pc

3.no fm

4.laggy 2.1 on 128 mb ram

5.poor camera interface.

6.poor video recording

7.poor app and availability.all good apps are paid and paid apps not available in india yet.

8.my dealer reported many complaints from users of i7500

so i went ahead and bought 5230.really wanted totry android but its not mature for my full use yet.i think by end of this year we will see stable android 2.1 phones running 800mz-1gz processors with 256 mb ram from all major manufacturers-acer,motorola,samsung in 10-12k price range.that will be amazing stuff!

Most of the above mentioned problems will be addressed by Adroid 2.1 update...

Irrespective of Budget I feel 5800XM is an awesome Phone n you will get it in your budget, i got one for my friend on satuday and it costs 13.2k in nokia Priority...
Go for it.. its Worth it... and all your your needs a met in it too....

The best phone which suits you under this budget is Nokia 5800XM, themobilestore price is around Rs. 13,600/- INR. while you can get it for less in your local mobile dealer. Rest the features of the phone are stunning and you will find lots of games/applications/themes/wallpapers for the phone. As there are many applications being developed for the phone.

Using a BB Bold and 5800 currently. Bold for work and email; Everything else through 5800 like browsing, music, videos, etc, etc.

Moreover since Nokia came out with V40 firmware for 5800 (which apparently added kinetic scrolling) I have noticed that the phone is much more responsive and its a pleasure to work on KS. Have used it extensively without much care and its still going really well. Ur call in the end.

Cheers

teja92 said:
Samsung Omnia Lite.

You can install even Android on it(you can install android on any Windows Mobile phone)....

And my phone: Xperia X10 mini
You sure android is ported to Samsung Omnia Lite?!

And btw I don't agree that you can install android on any WinMo device. If you meant running android using any emulator then it is like running it just for the heck of it. It doesnt necessarily serve the purpose of a phone

Back