FS: Networking TP Link 5Ghz AC1350 MR3620 WiFi Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I just checked it out, and I guess there was an error in my terminology. I think I wanted a wireless repeater function, which this router does not offer. Thanks for the help again
Yup, for it to work as a wireless repeater, it needs to be supported in the firmware. You're welcome.

Yup, for it to work as a wireless repeater, it needs to be supported in the firmware. You're welcome.
The function I think I was referring to as "wireless ap" was actually WDS, which is not present in the firmware either. Weird how a 2.5k router doesn't have it while my rs 400 router does have WDS functionality.

You can still connect LAN port of Digisol (in WDS mode) to LAN of MR3620 and use WiFi of MR3620. It should give better results as compared to just using Digisol.

The function I think I was referring to as "wireless ap" was actually WDS, which is not present in the firmware either. Weird how a 2.5k router doesn't have it while my rs 400 router does have WDS functionality.
WDS is basically a Wireless Bridge. I don't know for sure but I think it isn't a popular feature because it halves the bandwidth (half for Rx, half for Tx) and has performance issues.

Last edited:
I have the same router. Used it with a 2TB portable HDD for a while. Worked fine for streaming movies to phone, but could not get it to work with Chromecast without another device in the middle. Problem solved when I got an Android TV.

I currently have some 10-12 devices running on it, laptop, TV, Raspberry Pi (as dedicated NAS), 2 smart lights, 3 smart speakers, 1 smart plug, a phone and a tab.

Have tested it with a 2TB WD My Passport., works well with it.
Also theoretically it should be able to support any amount of storage as long as it has a USB connection.
Although it's not related to th sale .. but If it's alright can you tell how are you able to connect and browse the external HDD or usb drive via usb port of the router .
Whenever I am connecting they are detected but no content is shown no matter how i try to check , via router usb connection or even via ftp etc.
Everytime the drive shows empty be it usb drive or ext HDD.

Am I doing something wrong or thr port is faulty , I had called up tplink c care and the guy said no you can't access content etc as the provided usb port is just to connect usb data dongle only.

Kinna confused now.

Please let me know if you sent comfortable answering this , I understand it's a sale thread and not a help topic .

Thanks

Although it's not related to th sale .. but If it's alright can you tell how are you able to connect and browse the external HDD or usb drive via usb port of the router .
Whenever I am connecting they are detected but no content is shown no matter how i try to check , via router usb connection or even via ftp etc.
Everytime the drive shows empty be it usb drive or ext HDD.

Am I doing something wrong or thr port is faulty , I had called up tplink c care and the guy said no you can't access content etc as the provided usb port is just to connect usb data dongle only.

Kinna confused now.

Please let me know if you sent comfortable answering this , I understand it's a sale thread and not a help topic .

Thanks
No problem at all. So the only thing I need to be aware of is that I have to enable USB file storage option in the firmware settings by going to firmware settings via web browser (default ip address like 192.168.1.1 etc). Once that setting is enabled, I simply have to connect any USB storage to the router and it shows up as a network location in windows. Can also access it using and iPad through the Documents by Readdle app. As simple as that.
If the drive shows up empty, like in your case, I'm not sure what the problem. Maybe try reformatting the drive to fat32 or exfat or ntfs, and see which one works? If that doesn't solve it, then try connecting some other USB drives to see if those work

Do you have the same router? I know there are some routers which only support dongles, not storage devices. Just make sure you're using a router which supports file sharing.

No problem at all. So the only thing I need to be aware of is that I have to enable USB file storage option in the firmware settings by going to firmware settings via web browser (default ip address like 192.168.1.1 etc). Once that setting is enabled, I simply have to connect any USB storage to the router and it shows up as a network location in windows. Can also access it using and iPad through the Documents by Readdle app. As simple as that.
If the drive shows up empty, like in your case, I'm not sure what the problem. Maybe try reformatting the drive to fat32 or exfat or ntfs, and see which one works? If that doesn't solve it, then try connecting some other USB drives to see if those work
Yep usb sharing is turned on and upon scanning it shows there that a drive has been connected but the contents don't not populate , neither via network location not via ftp etc

Payment received, will ship on Sunday (tomorrow)

UPDATE: Deal cancelled with @Vibhanshu due to lockdown restrictions in his state. Amount refunded via original payment method.

So bump again. 1300 including shipping, open to offers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back