Trading and Investing - Beginner

Praks said:
I asked Angel. it seems they take 25000 Rs for prepaid which will be their comission for future, You cant use it for trading, all your brokerage will be cut from this money.

Its like 25000 Rs paid in advance for brokerage. Now sure if Angel guy was even not clear.

Can anyone clarify ?
Certainly its a time bound plan....With restriction in number of transactions(may be unlimited; maybe limited)....Tell the broker to explain to in detail in writing...what is the purpose than if they cant give u details

MAGNeT said:
Hmm i did a short analysis on it(kwality dairy)...even if had bought at the lowest value it reached and have sold at highest point which it touched....(which is impossible to guess both correctly at same time).....1.5 lakh in that particular stock would had been 26 lakh 50 thousand buck.....Ill say the 70 lakh figure looks too much inflated or may be it has to do with serious insider trading or some old stock bought and which might have got relisted....

The price was around 20 bucks then started to jump, eventually reached 1300, if I am not mistaken.

Thatz a lot of money.

The market operators inflate the price with circular trading between friends, when noobs see that the price is increasing, they start buying, once the price reaches the amount decided by the operator, he and his friends start selling quietly and eventually the price crashes.

Praks said:
I asked Angel. it seems they take 25000 Rs for prepaid which will be their comission for future, You cant use it for trading, all your brokerage will be cut from this money.

Its like 25000 Rs paid in advance for brokerage. Now sure if Angel guy was even not clear.

Can anyone clarify ?

Dude, if your a newbie, dont go for prepaid brokerages right now, learn to trade/invest then think about prepaid accounts.

If you negotiate with Indiabulls they will give 0.25 for delivery with no prepaid brokerage or any margin amount.

Hacker said:
The price was around 20 bucks then started to jump, eventually reached 1300, if I am not mistaken.

Thatz a lot of money.

The market operators inflate the price with circular trading between friends, when noobs see that the price is increasing, they start buying, once the price reaches the amount decided by the operator, he and his friends start selling quietly and eventually the price crashes.

You are right it would had been 1 crore for 1.5lakh investment...thanks for correcting

Anyways its best to stay away from such companies

http://www.multibaggerpennystocks.com/2009/12/kwality-dairy-story-on-how-it-rose-from.html

U can see pyramid samira and austral coke (whose name has been changed to further coverup)

Sorry for reviving the old thread but I thought this is the best place to ask my doubts...
Guys, noob here and want to invest in Share market / stock broking. Initially want to invest and not trade or intra-day....
Should I go with Full time Brokers or Discount brokers (which are quite famous now a days)?.
For Full time brokers I've selected Ventura Securities Ltd. (₹3,500), (if any other please suggest) and for Discount brokers I'm confused in Zerodha, Upstox, Fyers...

I've already read most of the links posted in this thread, Some of them are dead.
Please guide...

Last edited:
Go with Zerodha or ITL or do some research and open whoever charge a flat commission.
First I've opened in NETWORH Securities, they charged like hell, I've paid nearly 50k for investing 5Lakhs ( never did intraday ) then I changed to ITL its good they charged flat 20bucks for a single trade
BTW you made a good move by investing in STOCK MARKET

Go with Zerodha or ITL or do some research and open whoever charge a flat commission.
First I've opened in NETWORH Securities, they charged like hell, I've paid nearly 50k for investing 5Lakhs ( never did intraday ) then I changed to ITL its good they charged flat 20bucks for a single trade
All the discount brokers charge a flat commision, Same is with Zerodha as ITL ₹20 per single trade (buy or sell) but How can I learn to Invest if I go with Discount Brokers? I intend to invest and not to trade initially as long as I don't understand ABC of this. I'm reading Traderji and Virtual Demo on Moneybhai.moneycontrol....

Can you give some tips on learning (not on investing)?
Thanks

If anyone here doing daily crypto trading, I would recommend them to have a look at Gunbot..
so far, its been a doing an excellent trading for me and that too 24/7.
Best automated trading bot for Poloniex, Bittrex exchange

Gunbot available at https://tradingbotpro.com/

Opened account with zerodha and doing some intraday :) Do you do intraday? if yes, how do you select the stocks for intraday?
Thanks

Intraday is not recommended for beginners. It requires a lot of familiarity and has a lot of risk because it's mostly driven by technical strategies exclusively and requires one to follow live prices. If you have no insights into stick behaviour and more importantly traders psychology especially now that the equity markets are over heated is strongly recommend you not get too deep into intraday.

To me intraday is more closely aligned to calculated gambling if there's ever such a thing.

I'd recommend you first start with basic delivery based technical strategies based on basic stock chart analysis using most common indicators. Learn the basic patterns of Japanese candles, indicators like MACD/Stochastic/Bollinger's/moving averages etc

Investing and Trading require completely different mindset.

The basic funda behind investing is to buy something when it is considered cheap and sell it when it is considered expensive. You need to analyze the soundness of the company's business, its future prospects and how does it compares to its competitors in same line of business.

Trading is just another term for speculation. Losing is a part of the game here. Even the best traders have lots of trades where they lose money. How well you manage your losses makes or breaks a trader. Stop loss is the most important rule here. One bad trade can wipe months/years of slowly accumulated profits. A good trader executes his trades like a robot i.e. devoid of getting influenced by emotions. And trust me it is very very hard to get that kind of discipline over yourself where you can put your emotions out of it. It takes a great deal of time.

Just keep in mind that while investing in stocks don't put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your portfolio across many stocks from different industry. Allocate 50-50% money into stocks and govt schemes. Keep your trading activity separate from your investments. Only put so much money in your trading account which you can manage to lose without impacting your life (INR 15000 is max that I have in my trading account at a time. If I lose it all, I don't top up if it has been less than 6 months). Stay away from options/futures till the point you are very well versed in intraday trading and stick to margin equity trading. Don't focus on making money, just focus on executing your trades based on a well defined system (when to enter, when to exit, risk-reward ratio, stop loss etc).

@Shubham1401, how to pick stocks for intraday?
Just my 2 cents. If you are doing full time trading then only it's worth to do intraday trading. If you are already doing job then i think you should focus on doing Positional trading (long term investing) by doing fundamental analysis and picking quality stock to hold for multiple years.

@Shubham1401, how to pick stocks for intraday?

For trading intraday you can study technical analysis. There are certain candlestick patterns which in combination with technical indicators can be used to determine the current mindset (bullish or bearish) and consequently the direction of stock price. Zerodha Varsity is an excellent resource to get you started.

I personally trade on nifty 50 stocks which are trading close to their support/resistance zone with combination of some technical indicators for determining entry and exit points. I trade only between 9:30-10:30 as volatility is the highest in this time.

Back