Transcend MP860 Media Player

madnav

Skilled
well, sansa clip isn't arriving here in short time after ordering.. so went forward and bought something which i find better in terms of sound quality compared to ipod shuffle, my pc onboard alc663, and old transcend small mp3 players.
(sound compared with ep630)

1.jpg

box

2.jpg

front

3.jpg

back

4.jpg

Accessories

Damages: 3.4k :tongue:

only this much for now..
more coming with a review ;) :)

i will borrow friends ipod and compare both.

personally speaking i liked it very much.

can only compare with sansa clip+ after listing to one.

Hello Madnav,

I am thinking about buying this player, so a review would be very nice to have!! (I cannot find much about the player on internet, so I registered myself at this forum to find out)

Some questions, of which I hope you could give me the answer to:

- if you expand the memory, does those files get automaticly in your music libarary, or are those diffent music libaries?(the mp3 memory and extra sd card memory)
- if you search a track, and click on next track...does it shuffel outomatickly to other songs?(if you have the shuffle on) or are you stuck in the song "map'?
- can you delete songs on the player?
- and how is the scrolling trough songs? very slow or OK?
- and of course the sound quality....

I hope you could help me, thank you!!:hap2:

mauvau said:
Hello Madnav,

I am thinking about buying this player, so a review would be very nice to have!! (I cannot find much about the player on internet, so I registered myself at this forum to find out)

Some questions, of which I hope you could give me the answer to:

1) if you expand the memory, does those files get automaticly in your music libarary, or are those diffent music libaries?(the mp3 memory and extra sd card memory)

2) if you search a track, and click on next track...does it shuffel outomatickly to other songs?(if you have the shuffle on) or are you stuck in the song "map'?

3) can you delete songs on the player?

4) and how is the scrolling trough songs? very slow or OK?

5) and of course the sound quality....

I hope you could help me, thank you!!:hap2:

1) Both storage locations are different in navigation, but you can manage all with help of playlists.

2) If you Browse and play any song, all songs on your player will be in the Now Playing list, they will shuffle if it is ON, no repetition unless repeat mode is ON.

3) Yes you can delete songs and videos and evey other file on the player. The player has a browser mode to deal with other files, whether supported formats or not!

4) Scrolling through the song takes @ 10sec of playback per sec, although scrolling is not in jumps of 10sec, its smooth and one can scroll to exact time with precision after getting used to controls. Scrolling through Video takes plays at 30sec of playback per sec. Also, that is in jumps of 30sec...bad for scrolling videos imo.

5) As i already mentioned, i loved the sound quality compared to iPod shuffle, old transcend mp3 players and iPod video 80GB (whichever that i tried once)..
all were heard with creative ep630. The sound quality is much better than my pc's onboard ALC662 codec :p

everything else will be included in the full review, which i will do after exam... (about to finish ;) )

I'm a little confused b/w Sansa Fuze and this Transcend 860 player... Want to use with Car AUX IN player...

Both are costing around ~3k bucks...

hey... can we use it while charging???

and also how much is the battery life.... i only want to play music... that also using AUX IN port in the car.... want to go for a bigger screen so i've to decide between mp860 and sansa fuze... is it's sound quality better than ipod...??

though no possible...

Congrats navin. Don't forget to flash with the latest firmware available from the site. you will observe a noticeable speed increment. :)

^^ that is the 1st thing i did after taking all the snaps for the show off :p

@spawnfreak

Yes :)

And i find the sound quality much better than iPod..so far compared using ep630..

received my pl11 day before yesterday, will meet fah33h after exam and will try to add a comparative aspect in review with mp860, sasnsa clip + and iPod..using ep630, pl11 and his pl30 and e5 if we get time :)

Back