Transcend MP860 Media Player

i will eagerly wait for your review cuz im also going to buy a good mp3 player

just cant decide to go for sansa clip+ which will take time to reach my hands through online buying or just go for transcend mp860

i hope your exam ends before satur0day ...cuz im going to buy on that day :p

hey really nice post!! :D i have only one question about the sound

is it loud ? i mean really loud... cause i'm gonna be using it in noisy areas like trains planes public transportation etc... i mean loud and with nice quality.. without getting the clipping effect

my previous player was a crypto.. (crypto muvi 22) so should i expect something equal better or worst? :p

Thank you very much in advance :D

Any idea about present prices?

Also have transcend reduced to 1 year warranty lot of sellers on ebay shows as 1 year warranty

congrats dude..thats a very gud player u bought..
i own the 4 GB model..& use My 4 years old Philips SBC HP250 with it.. and believe me its sound quality is really awesome,kinda deep....
@ ant1ko1non1kos- ya its quite loud on a gud head fone..
IMO its better than the ipod touch(which i sold on TE) and ipod shuffle.. though the stock earfones are crap!!

hi folks...

anyone who owns the T860, plz tell how the sound is...

i saw devilsmind pointing out its SQ to be better than I touch . wow. really hard to believe. is it bassy or balanced ? or too much output power.. please explain guyzz..

Ive an ebay deal for 3.35k shipped for an 8Gb with 2 yrs warranty after a coupon. Is it fair ?

hi dominator..

could not reply your pm as i was hoping to post the review to answer it.

the review is done but pending due to pics.

i found the SQ comparable and as good as sansa clip + ... and much better than ipod shuffle, ipod video ones..and my onboard sound too.

there are plenty of equalizer options to tailor the sound as per user taste..i would not say it is bassy..

thanks very much. Now im moving ahead with the T860 purchase. i need to drive my SHP 8900 on it. So will be getting an E5 is the output power isnt enough. Bass boost on E5 can take care of my bass needs i suppose.

thnx again.

dOm1naTOr said:
i saw devilsmind pointing out its SQ to be better than I touch . wow. really hard to believe.

LOL the itouch has one of the fcuk all DACs ever. Not sure which one it is but the Wolfson DAC which made it into the original ipod never saw the light of the day thereafter. Even a cheapo Sansa clip+ would beat the shit out of the itouch when it comes to SQ.

Hahahha .. the Clip+ can't even be compared to the iTouch or any ipod .Its one of the cleanest and most neutral sources available. Ive' seen Cowon D2 users swearing that the Clip+ sounds better than their D2 .It's the choice of 100s of audiophiles on head-fi as well. I myself want to get a better PMP but so addicted to the Clip sound , can't think of any other option :(.

If the the MP860 really sounds better or even as good as the Clip its a big feat ;).

I have MP860 and its sounds good for the price but not excellent. I have compared it with Creative Zen vision which is much clearer and crisper then the MP860. So in my opinion it must not be near to Sansa clip as far as sound quality concerns which is even better then Zen vision.

One more thing I would like to tell you, as you know it can support huge memory but big problem is with its software which is not good at all. If one need to find any song, its pain to find that as there is no search feature given and buttons are little stiff too. One cant organize music like Albums,Artist,Genres etc, cant give rating to songs. So finding song is totally bad experience.

But again no body can go wrong with it as its being sold at very nice price with 2year warranty. Any one looking for sound quality go for Sansa clip+ and for those who need good screen,decent sound quality with plenty of other features can opt for this player. Need more details? PM me.

^^ have you been using the stock earphones of both players to compare?

my judgement is based on pl11, ep630 both with and without E5.

but again, it may totally depend upon the type of music one listens to.

im not saying it is better than sansa clip + but it comes in a range comparable to the clip + after playing around with the equalizer...

now im again confused :(

@amitjakhar

plz confirm the IEMs/earphones u used on both clip+ and the 860.

i already have pl-11 and EP 630. Also i have heard the bundled earphones of 860 is nothing but pure crap.

Back