Trimmer with fast charging and good battery

NikhilSingh25

Disciple
The complaints I had with my last trimmer was it took 10 hours to fully charge and only worked for 40 mins. also it didn't had any charge or battery indication.
So I need something under 2-3k, with fast charging, 60+mins battery charging indication and hopefully with a charger in box.
I can't spend more but I really want something that won't cause itching or pull my beard too much while trimming.
Please share your suggestions.

I am using this for a year and am very very happy. 10 minute charge is enough for two to three uses

Philips Multi Grooming Kit MG7715/65, 13-in-1​

I've been eyeing this for a while too, I don't need a million attachments just beard, body and nose trimming. Are all the separate attachments actually useful? My current trimmer has a single attachment and a knob to adjust the length so I don't understand why this more expensive one has one attachment for each length.

This is the only one I know that has both fast charging and USB-C, so you don't need to carry a separate charger when traveling. As for quality vs well known brands, the reviews are fine so I think it should be good enough.
for that price i'm more concerned about how long will it last,
I am using this for a year and am very very happy. 10 minute charge is enough for two to three uses

Philips Multi Grooming Kit MG7715/65, 13-in-1​

https://amzn.in/d/fNtW2Kj
this one seems like the best option for now.

I've been eyeing this for a while too, I don't need a million attachments just beard, body and nose trimming. Are all the separate attachments actually useful? My current trimmer has a single attachment and a knob to adjust the length so I don't understand why this more expensive one has one attachment for each length.
This is how I use
nose trimmer: for obvious reasons.
Detail trimmer : ear hair and it is very very effective to remove tiny hair when I trim moustache, especially on left and right side of mouth.
Body shaver: I have Anil Kapoor like hair and I end up using it when my chest looks more like Kong's.
3mm body comb: 'you know where'. I got few nasty cuts when I used 0mm trim around my private part. I am now used to 3mm body comb attachment for that.
1mm and 2mm beard comb : When I do not want clean trim.
I do not use hair comb attachment at all. I am not expert in trimming hair. I leave this alone to barber.

Last edited:
I was looking for a trimmer which works both on AC power cum batteries and finally found a Sysyka one using since 3-4yrs now. I dont have to worry on the battery part anymore.
Nor I'm into film industry or a grooming artists ir those semi-nude so called insta/tiktok influencers to have all those useless fancy attachments just for showoffs purpose having practically zero usage in real life.

I got those 4-5 bare essentials with the kit which are required for a man and thats more than enough unless someone is publicly interested to showcase their hidden talent on their underarms and pubic region!

Last edited:
I was looking for a trimmer which works both on AC power cum batteries and finally found a Sysyka one using since 3-4yrs now. I dont have to worry on the battery part anymore.
Nor I'm into film industry or a grooming artists to have all those useless fancy attachments just for showoffs purpose having practically zero usage in real life.
I got those 4-5 bare essentials with the kit which are required for a man and thats more than enough unless someone in interested to showcase talent on his underarms and pubic region!
Yeah, for simple trimming anything will do. Even if you leave aside all these 'showoff's, there is one key difference between the generic ones and good trimmers from brands like Philips. I have very sensitive skin and I never do shave. If I go for clean shave, I get nasty rashes. If I use cheap trimmers (barber waala), I get rash. This is why I never go for trim outside and have always been using trimmers that come with good blades. Worst I have owned too is from Philips ( Philips BT3203/15 cordless rechargeable Beard Trimmer - 10 length settings; 45 min run time ). It was bad and died within few months (on/off clicker died), blade was really bad, trimmer used to give little bit of itch after few months. I believe this has to do with longevity of blade. Given that I have hard facial hair, when I used to get a shave from barber, they would change two blades. In such cases, 'showoff' ones last lot longer and are lot easier on skin. I am saying this after using four different trimmer (cheapest one being 999/- and current one being about 4k).

The one I am using right now is the one that has been most comfortable and it is mainly due to the attachments and quality of the blade. Never got itch or rash in last two years. After using one with adjustable setting and one with changeable attachments, I would never go back to single attachment trimmer.

Last edited:
Yeah, for simple trimming anything will do. Even if you leave aside all these 'showoff's, there is one key difference between the generic ones and good trimmers from brands like Philips. I have very sensitive skin and I never do shave. If I go for clean shave, I get nasty rashes. If I use cheap trimmers (barber waala), I get rash. This is why I never go for trim outside and have always been using trimmers that come with good blades. Worst I have owned too is from Philips ( Philips BT3203/15 cordless rechargeable Beard Trimmer - 10 length settings; 45 min run time ). It was bad and died within few months (on/off clicker died), blade was really bad, trimmer used to give little bit of itch after few months. I believe this has to do with longevity of blade. Given that I have hard facial hair, when I used to get a shave from barber, they would change two blades. In such cases, 'showoff' ones last lot longer and are lot easier on skin. I am saying this after using four different trimmer (cheapest one being 999/- and current one being about 4k).

The one I am using right now is the one that has been most comfortable and it is mainly due to the attachments and quality of the blade. Never got itch or rash in last two years. After using one with adjustable setting and one with changeable attachments, I would never go back to single attachment trimmer.
Yes, someone who has sensitive skin there shouldn't be any sort of compromises. I was also suggested mi/philips etc trimmers but none of them fulfilled my requirements except for one philips which costed a bomb and I dont find any logic investing beyond 2.5k on a mere trimmer unless one does styling on a daily basis like those so called insta tiktok influencers, one who works in a modelling/ad agency type jobs or a college goer style show-off teen!

Last edited:
Yes, someone who has sensitive skin there shouldn't be any sort of compromises. I was also suggested mi/philips etc trimmers but none of them fulfilled my requirements except for one philips which costed a bomb and I dont find any logic investing beyond 2.5k on a mere trimmer unless one does styling on a daily basis like those so called insta tiktok influencers, one who works in a modelling/ad agency type jobs or a college goer style show-off teen!
I'm strictly gonna be using it for beard with 1mm and probably nose hair trim attachment. 3k for a trimmer does seem unnecessary.

I was interested in that same philips trimmer but wasn't sure spending that much (was 2700 something few months ago) on that model. The only attachments related to cutting were 3, rest 9 are all comb attachments for length and I didn't feel it is worth it, and they call it 13 in 1 probably for marketing sake. It also misses out on that smaller width trimming head (don't know what it is called), which I found useful.

Last edited:
I once used scissors for my bollocks. Bad idea :hungover:
Depends on which scissors, hope you haven't tried the usual kitchen scissors. I tried to use rounded edge grooming scissors, it didn't hurt but couldn't get the job done. Maybe a better and safe body trimmer is good for that purpose. I've been searching for such a thing.

They include those 7-8 levels of stock blade adjustments also in that marketing gimmick thing trying to woo noobs...
Absolutely. Look at the pic, so many comb attachments for what exactly?
Even the body grooming attachment doesn't look any premium, meanwhile they advertise that their OneBlade trimmer's attachment as safest. They should have given that here instead, maybe??

Look at the pic, so many comb attachments for what exactly?
I have the philips 13-in-1 and it was a great asset during the Covid pandemic. For close to 2 years, I was doing my son's hairstyling using the mutliple comb attachments that came with it. Sure, some of the combs are useless, but I was and am still using the 12 mm, 9 mm, adjustable 3 to 7mm, and 2 mm combs on a regular basis, in addition to the nose hair trimmer attachment. It's been 4 years now, and it's still going strong.

It also misses out on that smaller width trimming head (don't know what it is called), which I found useful.
It does have the detail trimmer. Check the other pics in the listing.

Back