Budget 41-50k Triple Monitor Setup/Computers for work [Suggest some setup]

And what is that :O

I want to use some mount to join all 3 monitors in one mount (Triple mount?), so I surely want some info and where i can buy online :|

- - - Updated - - -

Also how can i know if the monitor has VESA mounting feature ?

No screws holes at the back of the monitor. AFAIK, most (if not all) of the stands use these to secure the 3 monitors in line.

Three monitors one one stand is hardly an issue if the stand is capable enough.

Proluma Deluxe Triple LCD Stand [TSB313] - $369.00 : Proluma, Photo Video and Design

You need three digital outputs to run three displays, in an ideal case, or you will have a mismatch in colours and sharpness (unless you are close to blind). The 6770 recommended earlier is not the right card, unless you buy an active adapter to daisy-chain two displays. the budget proposed is not enough for a decent single monitor rig, let alone three.

For setups like this simply choosing components from a laundry list is not enough. The cost for a build like this needs to be estimated between 75k (desktop use only) to 1.5L (multimonitor gaming). It can be done cheaper, but that will net you a crappy build with average components.

You need three digital outputs to run three displays, in an ideal case, or you will have a mismatch in colours and sharpness (unless you are close to blind). The 6770 recommended earlier is not the right card, unless you buy an active adapter to daisy-chain two displays. the budget proposed is not enough for a decent single monitor rig, let alone three.

What graphic card will you recommend?

OR using DVI-D adapters for all ports a viable solution?

7750 is bare minimum, ideally 7770. For 7750 unless you get a monitor with a DP input you will need a DP-DVI adapter.

VGA port can never be converted back to digital signal. Adapters cost money and have compatibility issues.

On the nV side the 650 will offer two DVI and one HDMI.

For three-monitor gaming, you will need at least two 7870 in Crossfire, or a single 7970.

7750 is bare minimum, ideally 7770. For 7750 unless you get a monitor with a DP input you will need a DP-DVI adapter.

VGA port can never be converted back to digital signal. Adapters cost money and have compatibility issues.

For three-monitor gaming, you will need at least two 7870 in Crossfire, or a single 7970.

Thanks for the information, Sire.

Hey, Just wanted to update you all.

I got the 21.5" Dell monitor from flipkart yesterday and it looks good, however it doesn't have VESA mounting feature and it won't turn left/right angle, just up/down which is very hardly noticeable..its good for employees' systems but I'm sure it won't fit in if i make 3 monitors setup. Waiting for 24" one so i can try vertical angle.

If that also fails, anyone have any recommendation for smaller monitors? like i think around 18" ? (With IPS would be better but if not its still fine, but i need with VESA mounting feature and prefer LED)..Thanks all for the help :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hm..I see, So my current one which i bought is a crap now :|?

It won't be wasted tho as I'm building 5-6 more mid-range computers for my employees, thanks for the information btw..I wanted to buy 2 of those cards for 2 setups, but bought just 1 to first test things..now it looks like i did a good job..lol So you recommend 7970 for 3 monitors? Also what monitors do you recommend so they are compatible with that card?

Can you or anyone recommend a decent graphic card for 3 monitors setup? I'm ain't a gamer and won't be having any high graphics usage, just need a decent one so i can run 3 monitors..now I'm confused what to buy :? @ALPHA17: Bro, Mind if i ask you why you recommended me that graphic card? I mean how do i connect 3 monitors to that now? I see VGA, HDMI & DVI ports only.. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
You can connect one of the monitors to the VGA port but it will be noticeably (at least to me) different from the ones on digital connections. It will still work, but the monitor on the VGA connector will be blurry and the colours/alignment may be marginally off. If you don't notice it, you're probably not as picky as I am. And once you add the second card you will be fine (if your motherboard supports it).

BTW Windows is absolutely fine if you use both onboard and an add-in card. Desktops can be be spanned across multiple displays on multiple cards since the introduction of AGP, over twelve years ago. If your motherboard has the right connectors and cables, you are good to go with just one card if you don't game.

You will need to look at the connectors very carefully. Most entry-level monitors will have either HDMI or DVI, sometimes only one of the connections along with VGA. Most graphic cards will have three connectors with a very good chance of one being VGA. Some will add a Displayport connector, and if your monitor doesn't have one you're down to one usable digital connection.

Solution is a card with three directly usable connections. Here is a model on Flipkart with two DVI and one HDMI. Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2 GB GDDR5 GV-N650OC-2GI Graphics Card - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

You also have the option of using cables and adapters to get the right connections. Electrically (at least as far as this project is concerned), DVI and HDMI are interchangeable if you have the correct cables. Normally, a DVI-HDMI cable or two will be all that you will need to get a bunch of hardware working together.

Re monitors, here is a very crappy one: http://www.flipkart.com/benq-20-inc...VWVD&ref=92c36d0c-7b57-43eb-949b-7e2bd48dc3f3 Don't get carried away by LED lighting. It is not a great feature at all. 'LED' monitors only have edge-lit panels, the main backlight is still CCFL. First priority is the panel type. Cheap TN panels will be worthless once you don't look at them head-on. Second priority is the bezel thickness, this is critical in a multimonitor setup. Here is one that *might* work for you: http://www.flipkart.com/lg-23-inch-...BQXH&ref=0388c35b-5229-4908-8472-d8b2d3c2aa22. My favorite recommendation is from the DEll U series: http://www.flipkart.com/dell-23-inc...ZEEM&ref=5e912b06-9917-487e-af90-8bea473e09dd OR http://www.flipkart.com/dell-24-inc...XDKY&ref=5e912b06-9917-487e-af90-8bea473e09dd

Your budget though, is shot to hell..

And while we're on topic, http://www.techenclave.com/sell-trade-products/doublesight-triple-monitor-flex-stand-143331/

Congrats & so-far so-good .... but there something missing from your purchase order

...... since you have gone in for the i7-3770K, I suggest you also add in a CPU-air cooler [I know you may not OC, but the heatsinks provided by Intel are lousy, especially if you wish to run your RIG 24/7]. @ALPHA17 could suggest

Cheers
Terry

You can connect one of the monitors to the VGA port but it will be noticeably (at least to me) different from the ones on digital connections. It will still work, but the monitor on the VGA connector will be blurry and the colours/alignment may be marginally off. If you don't notice it, you're probably not as picky as I am. And once you add the second card you will be fine (if your motherboard supports it).

BTW Windows is absolutely fine if you use both onboard and an add-in card. Desktops can be be spanned across multiple displays on multiple cards since the introduction of AGP, over twelve years ago. If your motherboard has the right connectors and cables, you are good to go with just one card if you don't game.

You will need to look at the connectors very carefully. Most entry-level monitors will have either HDMI or DVI, sometimes only one of the connections along with VGA. Most graphic cards will have three connectors with a very good chance of one being VGA. Some will add a Displayport connector, and if your monitor doesn't have one you're down to one usable digital connection.

Solution is a card with three directly usable connections. Here is a model on Flipkart with two DVI and one HDMI. Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2 GB GDDR5 GV-N650OC-2GI Graphics Card - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

You also have the option of using cables and adapters to get the right connections. Electrically (at least as far as this project is concerned), DVI and HDMI are interchangeable if you have the correct cables. Normally, a DVI-HDMI cable or two will be all that you will need to get a bunch of hardware working together.

Re monitors, here is a very crappy one: BenQ 20 inch LCD - G2025HDA Monitor: Flipkart.com Don't get carried away by LED lighting. It is not a great feature at all. 'LED' monitors only have edge-lit panels, the main backlight is still CCFL. First priority is the panel type. Cheap TN panels will be worthless once you don't look at them head-on. Second priority is the bezel thickness, this is critical in a multimonitor setup. Here is one that *might* work for you: LG 23 inch LED - E2351VR Monitor: Flipkart.com. My favorite recommendation is from the DEll U series: LG 23 inch LED - E2351VR Monitor: Flipkart.com OR Dell 24 inch LED - U2412 Monitor: Flipkart.com

Your budget though, is shot to hell..

And while we're on topic, http://www.techenclave.com/sell-trade-products/doublesight-triple-monitor-flex-stand-143331/

Alright, Thanks for the info.

I placed order for Dell 24 inch LED - U2412 Monitor already but i think it isn't in stock or some issue, they still need some more time (flipkart).

Once i get that monitor, I'll most probably first build the rig and then do a test run, later will see if i really need another card or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats & so-far so-good .... but there something missing from your purchase order

...... since you have gone in for the i7-3770K, I suggest you also add in a CPU-air cooler [I know you may not OC, but the heatsinks provided by Intel are lousy, especially if you wish to run your RIG 24/7]. @ALPHA17 could suggest

Cheers
Terry

Thanks and good point.

So which CPU-air Cooler you guys recommend for this setup? @ALPHA17 any recommendation for this?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I got all the components except the Motherboard, PSU and the 24" Dell Monitor.
Flipkart shipped the MB and PSU and i think i should be getting it tomorrow, but there is no info about the monitor though, it just shows some business days :/
But i can get started with the other monitor, so I'm all set to build my new rig, just so excited :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @ALPHA17 Crucial SSD you recommend on that site is out of stock, i checked with flipkart as well (They don't sell i think as there is not even one product), Any other sites :?
Edit: I checked with primeabgb and they have only 64GB Crucial SSD..

any recommendation for this?

For CPU air-cooler this is what I recommend -- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO / Hyper T4 ~2100/-

If the Crucial SSD is unavailable then go for this one -- Corsair Neutron 240GB ~13500/- Corsair Neutron SSD | Corsair 240GB SSD Price | Buy Online Corsair Neutron SSD.

onlyssd.com and Prime ABGB are owned by the same person. So in essence they are one and the same just that the former only stocks SSD's whilst the other showcases every PC component.

I placed order for Dell 24 inch LED - U2412 Monitor already but i think it isn't in stock or some issue, they still need some more time (flipkart).

I think the links in my post were messed up, I corrected them and also recommend this monitor: Dell 23 inch LED - U2312HM Monitor: Flipkart.com

For some reason I posted the LG link twice. I don't like that monitor that much, never used or seen it. Both the 23 and 24 inch models from Dell are nice, though I think the 24 is a PVA panel and has some issues with colour consistency, whereas the 23 is a IPS. PVA has more black details but IPS is more accurate. The 23 is also a pretty hot monitor and you might get stocks. The extra 1 inch isn't worth much.

I think the links in my post were messed up, I corrected them and also recommend this monitor: Dell 23 inch LED - U2312HM Monitor: Flipkart.com

For some reason I posted the LG link twice. I don't like that monitor that much, never used or seen it. Both the 23 and 24 inch models from Dell are nice, though I think the 24 is a PVA panel and has some issues with colour consistency, whereas the 23 is a IPS. PVA has more black details but IPS is more accurate. The 23 is also a pretty hot monitor and you might get stocks. The extra 1 inch isn't worth much.

I think you didn't check the 24" model, cuz even that is IPS ! Check out Specifications of 24" model on flipkart page, it says panel type IPS and its 16:10 which is good for me (I prefer that). But looks like someone else also had ordered and didn't get the product as per the review on their page, now I'm thinking even i won't get..lol So i better cancel and get that 23" one :|

- - - Updated - - -
@ALPHA17: Done, placed order for the cooler. This is the one right: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler ?

And can you recommend any other SSD under 10k or would it be good if i buy crucial m4 from newegg.com do i have to pay tax for that (got some idea about it)?

- - - Updated - - -

Done, Cancelled that monitor. Waiting for them to credit my wallet :p
I'm gonna get that 23" one then.. :D

I think you didn't check the 24" model, cuz even that is IPS ! Check out Specifications of 24" model on flipkart page, it says panel type IPS and its 16:10 which is good for me (I prefer that). But looks like someone else also had ordered and didn't get the product as per the review on their page, now I'm thinking even i won't get..lol So i better cancel and get that 23" one :|

Right, then the 2412 is e-ips and the 2312 is H-ips, that's why the 2312 has the 'H' in its name. I do know the panels are completely different, when I chose the 3008 over the 2408 it was because of the PVA of the 24" model. I didn't know they updated the line. 16:10 monitors are always better, but very few still offer them. I don't know of any laptop manufacturer apart from Apple who still has 16:10, and among screens there are very few quality options.

If you don't like 16:9, imagine what it would be like to have 48:9 when three monitors line up end to end. BTW FK price is about 15% higher than retail on the 23" model.

The Dell U2312HM and U2412M[16:10] are both E-IPS,The Dell U2410 is H-IPS model with 16:10 and HDMI Connectivity which is around 25k.The U2312HM is around 15k and U2412M-20k locally.It's OP call what he needs to get.
Right, then the 2412 is e-ips and the 2312 is H-ips, that's why the 2312 has the 'H' in its name. I do know the panels are completely different, when I chose the 3008 over the 2408 it was because of the PVA of the 24" model. I didn't know they updated the line. 16:10 monitors are always better, but very few still offer them. I don't know of any laptop manufacturer apart from Apple who still has 16:10, and among screens there are very few quality options.

If you don't like 16:9, imagine what it would be like to have 48:9 when three monitors line up end to end. BTW FK price is about 15% higher than retail on the 23" model.

Also, I already own a latest iMac 27" :bleh: But i don't feel comfortable with it (Due to its height), I'd want a landscape angle more space and I'm a programmer, I always keep some of my windows always on top as its easier to debug/code all at the same time, It's not that i can't do these things on my current display or 24" monitor or w/e but as i said, I like landscape viewing angle, so i can easily look from left to right and its in my eye level.

Yes the very same cooler.

For the SSD, check this -- Corsair 120GB Neutron GTX SSD | Corsair Neutron Solid State Drive.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Is this good: http://www.flipkart.com/ocz-vertex-...ard-drive-vtx4-25sat3-128g/p/itmda6szdv7mfxvz ?
The one you recommended seems to be having some bad reviews online, idk why but when i google all i see is people complaining about it :|

Thanks for the continuously helping me all :)

Is this good: OCZ Vertex 4 128 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive (VTX4-25SAT3-128G) - OCZ: Flipkart.com ?
The one you recommended seems to be having some bad reviews online, idk why but when i google all i see is people complaining about it :|

Thanks for the continuously helping me all :)

I don't seem to be coming against any negativity whilst searching for the 'Corsair Neutron 120GB'?

If you wish to go for the OCZ Vertex4, get it from here -- OCZ 128GB Vertex 4 SSD.

Head to head, the Corsair Neutron vis-á-vis the OCZ Vertex4 benchmark run -- AnandTech - Bench - SSD.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Hey @ALPHA17, I placed the order on Saturday with OnlySSD for OCZ Vertex4, made the payment via net banking but my account doesn't show any orders now and no info about the product :/ (Shipped or not)..Is that even a legit site (I placed order for the first time, so no idea if its legit site)?

Btw I got my motherboard, PSU and the G.Skill RAMs today from flipkart, now only thing left is this cooler and Dell 23" monitor from them.

Now I'm just worried if onlyssd guys sent the SSD or not :| Cuz if not then it'll be a prob as that's important for this..lol have to install the OS on it :D
I sent the message on their site, but dunno if its monitored or not? Anyone from their team on this forum? maybe i can pm them and get info?

Thanks and sorry to bother you.

Edit: Never mind, I called them up now and they said it was shipped yesterday evening and I'd get the tracking details in 30 mins or so.

Back