UEFA Champions League Final Wembley 2011

whatsinaname said:
?? How did Real Madrid cheat? It was Real that had a false Red Card that led to two conceded goals after that. And they had a correct goal ruled out in the second leg. It was Mascherano/Pedro/Alves/Busquets who rolled over clutching their faces on zero contact. I liked how the Ronaldinho and Eto'o Barca team played. This team is a disgrace to football. Rolling on the floor the first time they face a difficult opponent. Surrounding the referee whenever they get a chance. Waving imaginary cards. Playing a hard defensive game isn't cheating. Acting and trying to get your opponents sent off is.

Man United wasn't a tough enough opponent to warrant the usual Barca play acting. That is why it was a clean game.

I think you hadn't seen that day's match properly it was Real Madrid players who started tackling Barca players... I still remember that how many times Messi went down in that match... In that match Adebayor was playing like he can get away with anything... First he punched Pedro and then Xavi (IINM) and got only a yellow card... Dont you think that he should have got a red card in that match... And what do they expect that they can take down any player and they wont get a red or yellow card? And BTW why unnecessarily tackle any player when they know that Barca players would start acting? And BTW which player doesn't act in today's world... I have also seen Cristiano doing this nasty thing...

I accept the fact that whenever a barca player goes down the whole team covers the referee and tell him to give a red card... And BTW which team don't do this? Every team do this thing... Doing this is what they call tactics... In that day's match Barca defeated Real with more than 60% possession... this is the reason why they were tackling Barca players because barca is a team which don't give away ball easily... Real Madrid players were frustrated because they were unable to take away the ball from barca players... And i still remember that Cristiano got frustrated in that day's match after trying a lot to snatch the ball from barca defenders and started shouting at his own team players... Disgrace is a word that you should have used for describing Cristiano Ronaldo... coz he pushed Giordiola (a Manager) in the last years El clasico match...

Aman27deep said:
^ That's bang on. And all you guys need to know that MAn United is the second best team in Europe. Officially.

And its no shame to be second to a team like Barca who has the likes of Inesta, Xavi, David Villa, and Messi. :)
hahahaha... keep it up....always remember, spanish and italians gaints , also bayern are more better than MANUTD at any given time... so chill... accept the truth... You may be the best in england only... I am still laughing bro... what a biggy dialogue :rofl:

Hades. said:
I think you hadn't seen that day's match properly it was Real Madrid players who started tackling Barca players... I still remember that how many times Messi went down in that match... In that match Adebayor was playing like he can get away with anything... First he punched Pedro and then Xavi (IINM) and got only a yellow card... Dont you think that he should have got a red card in that match... And what do they expect that they can take down any player and they wont get a red or yellow card? And BTW why unnecessarily tackle any player when they know that Barca players would start acting? And BTW which player doesn't act in today's world... I have also seen Cristiano doing this nasty thing...

I accept the fact that whenever a barca player goes down the whole team covers the referee and tell him to give a red card... And BTW which team don't do this? Every team do this thing... Doing this is what they call tactics... In that day's match Barca defeated Real with more than 60% possession... this is the reason why they were tackling Barca players because barca is a team which don't give away ball easily... Real Madrid players were frustrated because they were unable to take away the ball from barca players... And i still remember that Cristiano got frustrated in that day's match after trying a lot to snatch the ball from barca defenders and started shouting at his own team players... Disgrace is a word that you should have used for describing Cristiano Ronaldo... coz he pushed Giordiola (a Manager) in the last years El clasico match...

Adebayor is an idiot and all that crap happened in the last 20 minutes. Even though, that is not an excuse. He should have been red carded.

Yes. Di Maria and Ronaldo are a disgrace. The cheating and diving should not be accepted as a status quo. Even if you are willing to accept that as as status quo, Ronaldo and Di Maria dive at small contact (or no contact) to win fouls and create goal opportunities.

Diving clutching your face to get an opponent sent off because your team could not get into the final third of the pitch is just wimpiness. It is not a sign of a great team.

You, like a lot of other football fans, equate 60% possession to attacking football. That I believe is incorrect. Till Pepe got sent off, that 60% possession lead to no more than one or two clear cut goal scoring chances. First 70 minutes in the CdR final, 65% possession, 0 shots on goal.

Barca's keeping the ball is a brilliant defensive strategy as well as an offensive strategy. Sometimes it is more defensive than offensive. That is what happened in the 4 El Classicos. i.e., till they got Pepe sent off.

Tackling and defensive football might not be something you admire, but indiscriminately calling it cheating just indicates bias.

I appreciate when the team I support loses to better football. (I sat through the Ronaldinho 3-0 home drubbing, the 2-6 last year. The 5-0 this year. Those were good performances.) The CdR was a well played match. The way Barca approached the Cl games was a disgrace.

[I guess we'll each see the game with glasses tinted with our supporting team's colours. Kippu is right. Lets leave it at this :D ]

chiragsthakur said:
hahahaha... keep it up....always remember, spanish and italians gaints , also bayern are more better than MANUTD at any given time... so chill... accept the truth... You may be the best in england only... I am still laughing bro... what a biggy dialogue :rofl:
306.jpg

@everyone in this thread who has been labelled a "MANUTD Fanboy" for no rhyme or reason:

Never argue with an Idiot, because he'll get you down to his level... And then defeat you by experience

Just walk away guys :facepalm:

boogeyman said:
@everyone in this thread who has been labelled a "MANUTD Fanboy" for no rhyme or reason:

Just walk away guys :facepalm:
Hello boogeywoogey .... calling others an idiot??? then the above statement applies to you more perfectly....doesnt it??? "He'll get down to his level" ....:rofl: You are so funny man...

hahahahaha !!...entertaining thread.

The match was one sided.
No proper football now for 2 months. Hate waiting between seasons.

cheers.

GunnerMania said:
No proper football now for 2 months. Hate waiting between seasons.
I probably hate it as much as you. Have to watch stupid internationals now and listen to all the crap transfer speculations :p

Manchester "Big Two" Crash out of Champions league.. Didnt even make for round of 16 :rofl:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ROUND OF 16

----------------------------

AC Milan, APOEL Nicosia, Arsenal, Basel, Barcelona, Bayer

Leverkusen, Bayern Munich, Benfica, Chelsea, CSKA Moscow, Inter

Milan, Lyon, Marseille, Napoli, Real Madrid, Zenit St.

Petersburg

TEAMS ENTERING EUROPA LEAGUE ROUND OF 32

----------------------------------------

Ajax, Manchester City, Manchester United, Olympiacos, Porto,

Trabzonspor, Valencia, Viktoria Plzen

Back