Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Discussion Thread

Re: Uncharted 3: World of Deceit ????

And knowing that it comes from one of Sony's well known first-party developer, the game would be completely utilising all the prowess of the RSX and the Cell. Beautifully optimised - absolutely no glitches anywhere, perfect rendering of the in-game cutscenes, no dropping of frames.

<3 Naughty Dog! ^_^

xXx said:
^it usually releases in October window. All the previous titles have.

Yeah. I hate these teaser and reveal trailers which release almost a year before the game's release, leaving us to just drool till that time. Same was the case with Gears of War 3.

I hope they have varied environment is this game, like they did in UC2. An all desert location isn't digestible.

^it will be having multiple location. As they are in search of Atlantis City of Sands. So expect some forest level in it ;)

@gannu....ohyeah <3 ND <3

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

They must be using UC2's refined Snow tech here for the Sands ;)

b/w did you noticed the ageing shown on Drake's face :clap:, but no sign of Chloe / Elena yet :(

U2 was fking awesome! Drakes's Deception is gonna be a totaly BUY, not pirateing it. I'm 100% sure Naughty Dog ain't gonna disappoint us. Damn hyped about this one. :D

re: Uncharted 3 - Discussion Thread

UC:2 was one of the best games I've played recently. I can't wait for the next one. They also have declared the release date :D

New gameplay videos!

[youtube]wNcUme1t9Uw[/youtube]

[youtube]FYS1j5J3iq4[/youtube]

Holy shit I am out of words! The lighting and the shadows are absolutely stunning! :O

ND: Uncharted 3 will feel more open PlayStation 3 News - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

TSA said:
Game changes? Weapons are now automatically picked up, combat is now much more up close and personal and the enemy AI much improved, including what looks like proper squad dynamics – the magazine describes Drake being grabbed from behind and fighting off an assailant in front. Likewise, animation has been ramped up considerably, with 32 cameras in the motion capture studio last used by the Beowulf movie.

In terms of performance, Uncharted 3 uses all six of the PS3′s free SPUs but at a far more advanced and efficient rate. Uncharted 2 used all six too (Uncharted just used two) but the difference is akin to “street-car†and “Formula 1″ levels of performance. “We’re at full speed,†says Balestra of the game’s single player, although the team clearly don’t yet want to talk about multiplayer apart from to say that it’s a “massive component†compared to the last.

Wells does admit that we might see the return of Drake’s love interest, though. “Some of the characters from the past games will return,†he says, but confirms that the most important relationship will be between Drake and Sully.

Uncharted 3′s Secrets Revealed | Gaming News and Opinion at TheSixthAxis.com

This is the best multiplayer game I've played on any system.Can't wait for UC3 to be out.

Say hello to Katherine Marlowe, the primary antagonist of the game. She is played by Rosalind Ayres, the same lady who portrayed Lucy in Titanic.

dw7i3anwrpqf.jpg

[youtube]xY3gTvxxvng[/youtube]

Dont worry, i am sure she's the squeeze of the REAL bad*ss villain who ll be revealed in later part of the UC series.

Cheer up soldier :p

jojothedragon said:
I wanted some badass antagonist, not some old lady gone nuts. :(
We will definitely have some bad muthas in the game. Worry not. :)

Remember games with lady bosses are always not so easy after all. I recall Project IGI having a lady villain Ekk and the last chapter in that frikking castle was darn hard! They will definitely have plenty of sidekicks (there's one here that looks like Jason Statham if you noticed carefully!) that are hard to beat.

I just started playing UC2... graphics looks amazing, although KZ3 was better. But still KZ3 is new while UC2 is a littl eold, so thats expected.

UC3 looks stunning!

Re: Uncharted 3 - Discussion Thread

New details of Uncharted 3 has been leaked from US magazine OPM’s latest issue which runs an article on the awaited game.

According to the summary posted by SystemLink, the desert seen in the first trailer is Rub Al Khali, in Arabia. The desert will not be used just as a background prop but will bring gameplay challenges as it throws all sorts of difficulties at you, including sandstorms, mirages and “all things you would expect from a desert”. It will also shift dynamically.

Drake and Sully are in Arabia in search of the Iram of the Pillars. However, places like London and a jungle temple were revealed as locations the adventurers will visit during the course of the game.

Apparently, the recently revealed villan Katherine Marlowe is part of a secret society dating as far back as the Elizabethan era.

New gameplay additions were also hinted at. Drake will now be equipped with improved melee skills as he is able to find weaponry in the environment, such as bottles. The developers also said that the game will have motorcycle sections, considering the game is based in Arabia and studio’s apparent “strong tradition” of in-game vehicles.

Uncharted 3 is expected to release on November 1 exclusively for PS3.

:clap: Cant wait till November :D

Re: Uncharted 3 - Discussion Thread

^There were some concept art pics posted on Uncharted 3's FB link. One seemed to indicate Elena in the desert. Although it is a rumor, she is most likely making it to the title.

Refer this link - http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...akes-deception-unveiled-20101209063955905.jpg

Sigh, I am missing Sheru dahling here. :(

EDIT: Meh that concept art doesn't have Elena but some guy half nakid. A high-res pic link. :|

Here're the scans of the OPM mag from their FB link:

93dII.jpg

AHnUn.jpg

ATUkJ.jpg

XhbM0.jpg

And here is a link for EGW's e-mag online that feature's the cover story for Uncharted 3 - http://www.egmnow.com/egmi/issue/247-1.html

Back