Uncharted (PS4) - Discussion Thread

err, there is something called a search box on the top right corner of the PSN store :p
It even shows up right on the home page under new releases

err, there is something called a search box on the top right corner of the PSN store
It even shows up right on the home page under new releases

I purposefully asked for the link. You are referring to the Deluxe edition, while I mentioned about SPECIAL EDITION.

Last edited:
ah, so the special edition comes with collectibles et al - My bad
Kind of unlikely Sony would release that here given the limited market and distribution hassles
The only viable option for them would have been to release it through online only channels
unfortunately Most consumer electronics firms in India are too wary of being seen as cozying up to the online distribution channel as they fear being strong armed by their B&M channel partners

It's finally out! Been waiting for this from the very minute I put down my controller after 3.

Anyone know a place in Bangalore where I could rent a PS4 and the title for a day or two?

Arrived today. Up to Chapter 5 now. So good!

Loved how Chapter 4 gave us the new 'normal day' for Drake, before he gets pulled back in again.

Towards the middle of the game I was determined to post that uncharted 4 is a forced title & is not that good. Now after the ending I just can't decide where to place it!
Now before I go any further I must say this I love action/adventure games. I love tomb raider & uncharted series. The views presented here are completely mine.
Well to begin with Uncharted 4 has its moments (some of them may be jaw dropping too for some people) but it has its ups & downs too.

Q: Which are the downs?
A: Well most of them are from the story.
1. Few screenplays & scrips are really kind of dodgy. I mean logically it makes no sense. Like when Nathan & Sam (flashback at the start of the game) meets for the first time on the orphanage roof they show that sam really cared for his brother. But soon we see him making his brother do some dangerous stunts without any protection. I know it was for tutorial purpose but they(developers) could have been a bit more creative there was no need to introduce those monkey moves at such an early stage.
2. Character background. These guys (naughty dog) mainly focused on character relationships & interactions. The background story of drake brothers is still not satisfactory.
3. Few texture glitches here & there & texture resolution of some objects (especially far away) during the initial chapters are really low.
4.Most of the chapters in the first 5 hours of the game are somewhat dull. If you have played enough tomb raider series & all the previous uncharted games then you may feel the same too.
5. This game is UC1+UC2+UC3+Tomb raider (from legend to underworld). Even a puzzle at a certain stage is quite similar to the one you will see in tomb raider underworld's first stage. The point is there is hardly anything NEW in this game. Even the storytelling pattern is quite similar to UC2 looks like the makers were hoping to present UC2 with a different story.
6. Nadine Ross. I really don't know if she was necessary?

Q. Now the best parts?
A: Everything apart from the above mentioned things. Still if I have to add some then it would be
1. A big big thumbs up/cheers/applause/ for THE ARTISTS OF THIS GAME. If you see the levels (I think from chapter 14 onwards) towards the end of the game they look like they came to life right out of those oil paintings or paintings from some of the art/story books.
2. Action choreography is a pleasure indeed.
3. If you can ignore the initial few chapters then the game looks gorgeous. The vistas really impressive. Not only that the oil paintings of the pirates inside the game looks stunning!
4. Music as always another good point.
5. The game has matured a bit which is good.
6. The antagonist Rafe Adler is a strong character unlike the villain the UC3. They could have given more depth to his character.

Q
. Is this game a system seller?
A. Ah...wait..its a big question...Well please don't get carried away by all those positive points. To be honest NO its NOT. Like I mentioned before this game has nothing new. I mean the feeling you had when you played uncharted 2 for the first time well you may not feel the same way when you play this game. Please also keep this in mind after the single player campaign is over then its OVER. There is really nothing much to do after that.
Also yes this game feels forced I mean it looks like naughty dog really didn't want to make another uncharted game (Amy Hennig and Justin Richmond left the studio in the middle) & was forced by sony to make one to sell their consoles.
Well it will appeal to only those who are hardcore uncharted fans (even then they will be slightly disappointed by this game) or those who have never played any game from this series. BTW If you already own the console then definitely go for it.

Anyways the climax is kinda sad. Please post how you felt at the climax too. Overall this game is a must play if you own the system.

Last edited:
Back