Less than 10K Under 10k Smartphone

1. Budget?
A: Under INR 10k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 12 and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G+

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should not have too many deceptive ads, the phone will be sued by an older member of the family who might fall victim to those

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Whatsapp and multimedia

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup and >64GB storage

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Samsung F13 and Moto G32

Well, an almost unused phone is on sell here on TechEnclave. The asking price is 9000₹ incl. shipping.
I can vouch for the seller even though I have never purchased anything from him. Go ahead and grab this!
Don't want to buy used, does not look good as a gift

Thanks for the suggestions, I will buy during the festival sales

Redmi 12 5G 6GB/128GB
Rs 10,800 after offers in amazon sale from 8th October

Realme Narzo 60x 5G 6GB/128GB
Rs 10,799 in sale from 8th october

Samsung Galaxy M14 5G 6GB/128GB
Rs 10,490 after offers in amazon sale from 8th October

I am using Inifix 20 hot play https://www.gsmarena.com/infinix_hot_20_play-11931.php, bought last year end at around Rs 8000.
Working absolutely fine till date - the phone is slightly slow though that is because of the CPU, but I knew that before buying (checked up the Antutu and other benchmarking apps) and have no regrets. The plus side is large screen, huge battery, low price (hence not big pinch in case of loss/damage)
EDIT: another advantage is the conversation recording feature, that stock androids don't come with.

Last edited:
I am also looking to buy a smartphone in 10K or less.

Since I prefer stock Android, my choices were Nokia or Motorola. I already have 2 Nokia phones, one old and one new, but the hardware gives issues. So, I have opted for a Motorola. Two phones fit the budget, Moto G32 and Moto G14.

You should also go for a Moto phone, since the phone will be used by an older member of the family. We had got a Moto G3 for my mother years ago, and for her, it served the purpose really well. She got a new phone, just a few months ago to replace it. I use the phone now for my gaming app, and it still works well.

Moto offers near stock Android... so no bloatware or unwanted apps. The build quality and reliability is great. Only issue for me with Moto phones is the update. But, with both the above models, they are assuring one OS update, and 3 years of security updates, so that should be good enough for an older person, who doesnt need OS updates as such.

As for choice between Moto G14 and Moto G32, it will be on you to decide. Moto G14 is newer, and so, it already has Android 13, and after an assured update, it will have Android 14.
Whereas, Moto G32 is older and has Android 12, so one assured update will get it only to Android 13.

But, Moto G32 has more RAM... it comes in options of 6 GB and 8 GB, whereas Moto G14 has only 4 GB of RAM. So, that's a minus. Processor of Moto G32 is also a bit better, Snapdragon, whereas Moto G14 has Unisoc T616 processor. Both will have 128 GB of storage.

I am looking for just a backup phone, that's why am opting for G14... it is 2K less in price, and will have newer Android. I will use it only for playing a game app, which isn't very resource hungry, so G14 will serve my purpose well.

You can also look at the comparison here, and make your decision:

Do read the conclusion, which really helped me decide between these two phones.

You should go with moto g32 if stock android is a priority.
9k for 8gb,128gb variant is a good deal.
Moto G32 is 9,999 on Flipkart currently, 1K higher than Moto G14. But yea, within the budget of OP

Just be mindful that its on A12 and may or may not get a13.
For Moto G14 and G32, Moto offers one assured major OS update, so Moto G32 will get Android 13 for sure, along with 3 years of security updates.

OP. consider Samsung, check if particular mobile offer knox security.
Stock android device are good for user who know what stock android mean and how to use that, for senior citizens go with Samsung and yes do not forget to choose lightest mobile among.
Check if Samsung still offer 3 yrs Android Update + 4 years Security Updates

Stock android device are good for user who know what stock android mean and how to use that, for senior citizens go with Samsung and yes do not forget to choose lightest mobile among.
Check if Samsung still offer 3 yrs Android Update + 4 years Security Updates
Budget F & M series get 2 OS updates & 3 years of security updates from what I know.

What's there to know about stock Android.. it is just pure Android, without any bloatware or extra apps. What special knowledge is required to use stock Android? Just use it normally.

Even if there is Knox Security on Samsung phone, it will require knowledge on how to use it, and understanding it can be a bit difficult for older people to understand. It has an extra learning curve to it. Older people in general just want a phone which just works out of the box, and the apps they want work on it, nothing more. They don't want to deal with other unnecessary hassle. No extra knowledge required on stock Android.

Samsung mobiles come with tons of bloatware and extra apps that one does not need. All that requires extra storage, extra memory. So much of it you cannot even remove too.

Stock Android is much better in that respect. It is lean, with no extra apps, and so the phone will be much smooth to operate, even with low amount of RAM, and since older people don't use resource hungry apps, stock Android is a great, no hassle operation for them.

Also, Android by itself is quite secure. No need to worry much.

Phishing and other scams can occur even with Knox security on the phone.
My friend had bought Samsung M series phone, from the suggestions I got here, when I had posted a thread for it. I also went for Samsung because it was offering years of OS updates.

The Samsung phone was full of bloatware, most of which could not be removed. Also, the phone, as like other M series phones that I am now reading about, developed screen issue and the screen had to be replaced. It is embarrassing to recommend such a phone to people we know. That phone has now developed random restarts too. Will have to be replaced soon.

On the other hand, Moto G3 bought for my mom many years ago, still continues to work great.

Except for the Edge 30 Ultra, which will get 3 Years of OS and 4 years of security.
Could you help me with any source? I did not find any credible link which mentions any moto device getting 3 years of Android updates. Trust me, it would have been a huge talking point among the Android community given the amount it charges and the competition offering.

I referred this link and it says there is some confusion related to 3 yeats of update for the said device. I am assuming that Moto flip or dual screen phone could have a possibility of getting 3 years but I would still say it goes against their own business model.

Could you help me with any source? I did not find any credible link which mentions any moto device getting 3 years of Android updates. Trust me, it would have been a huge talking point among the Android community given the amount it charges and the competition offering.

I referred this link and it says there is some confusion related to 3 yeats of update for the said device. I am assuming that Moto flip or dual screen phone could have a possibility of getting 3 years but I would still say it goes against their own business model.
Yes, there was apparently some confusion regarding the update cycle.

It seems that it was wrong information which was passed on by the support agent:

Only time will tell.

I think this is going OT, as OS updates won't matter at all for the intended user in OP's case.

As others have suggested, Moto is the only way to go if you want something without ad ware. Other brands' UI come filled with bloat, and if you're fine with deleting and disabling the unnecessary apps and notifications, then other brands are good as well. Consider the Poco M5 or Infinix Hot 30i for non Moto.

Back