Underwent LASIK: Aftermath

^^have you tried Acuvue Advance Toric Contacts?

i never had any flops with patients using this particular design

if not just try it once in nearby optical store

(Could you give the brand name of the contacts from Singapore you are using ?)

^^nope, the Acuvue Advance Toric does not have cylindrical power over -2.75 but what i meant was you could still have a free trial of it with an under corrected power to see how the vision and comfort is.

Flexcon, i have not heard much about. It must be one of the independent lab which makes high powered toric lenses(even in india we have companies which makes tailor made contacts eg;Purecon from Delhi, flexilens from Pune,Mumbai)

the reason i was touting for Acuvue Advance was its design and the material used. It's an silicone hydrogel based contact lens with superior stabilization design for keeping the cylindrical axis always in same position regardless of wearer's head/eye movement.Also, it has got an excellent internal wetting agent makes it wet most of the time even in the driest of the environments.

If possible visit your nearest optician and ask for a free trial of Acuvue Advance Toric(currently the best cylnidrical designed contacts) or B&L's SL 66 Toric contacts.

Sorry .. if this seems like I am picking... but I have been in the Optical industry on and off for over 20 years. And I am not a big Acuvue fan, in fact there are many many Toric lenses of far better quality... BUT I cannot speak for what is available in India as I am sure it is different there.

I would say that without a doubt, if they are available, Ciba Vison makes some of the best Toric contact lenses available in a disposable.

Honestly IMO B&L contacts are horrible lenses, they have not had a decent quality contact lens product out on the Market in some time. Better an Acuvue than a B&L any day of the week :p

^^looking at the availability of current Toric lenses in India Acuvue Advance Toric(uses more like an double slab off stabilization) clearly has advantage over B&L's old Prism Ballast designed Toric Contacts. To be honest i never tried Ciba Torics on my patients(could not get would be a better word) so i can't comment about it.

Your point about Ciba's Toric might be correct though

@Saiyan,Acuvue Oasys better than Purevision and it has got much better wetting agent Hydraclear Plus making it extremely comfortable even in harshest of the conditions

Try the trial with near by opticians

All the best

^will check it up after 2 months, i still have 2 sets of pure vision left with me. Purevision is ok, right now my activity is very less. But if acuve provides more comfort then i'll check it out for sure.

mebaali said:
@Saiyan,Acuvue Oasys better than Purevision and it has got much better wetting agent Hydraclear Plus making it extremely comfortable even in harshest of the conditions

Try the trial with near by opticians

All the best
Isnt it expensive and has to be changed every 2 weeks ?

@Bottle, yes Acuvue Oasys is an expensive option but still it is the best available lenses for people working with computers for prolonged time(dryness factor) or travel frequently

@VB86, I am not sure whether you use any contacts. So if you just want to use Lubricant for the eyes then try Refresh Tears(ask for preservative free).

Genteal is also good option though

If you are going to use it over contacts then try Blink N Clean from B&L

(@OP, my sincere apologies for hijacking this thread)

I have been having glasses for 13 years now. Started of with -1.25 on both. Now its -2.5 and -2.75.
I wanted to go for lasik, but am scared that i will get blind or something.:(

Like in those Hindi movies when they open those tapes around the patients eyes and they end up being still blind and shouting like crazy. :eek:hyeah:

Guys i just wanted to enquire about Lasik. My sister is having it done it a few weeks and we enquired in this clinic known to us, Prabha eye clinic. The price they said would be 28k. After reading that Amol got it done for 18k isnt this too high? Im situated in Bangalore btw

hunt3r said:
Guys i just wanted to enquire about Lasik. My sister is having it done it a few weeks and we enquired in this clinic known to us, Prabha eye clinic. The price they said would be 28k. After reading that Amol got it done for 18k isnt this too high? Im situated in Bangalore btw

It's a matter of your eyes my friend. Don't try to save money. Go to the best doc in your city!

Abhi.

I was thinking of going for Lasik for past 1- 2 years. This year I took it seriously, and started visiting clinics. By online research and also speaking with docs, I found that PRK, a technique used before Lasik is better for me, as it did not involve the cutting of cornia. Also, the results after 3-6 months are same for Lasik as well as PRK. Make sure you are getting operated on a wavefront or better machine. Only thing is, the recovery period is bit large for PRK, you have to take about a week's holiday. Also, while you recover perfect vision, it may be a see saw ride towards it.

I did my PRK from NIO, Pune. PRK costed 25,000rs whereas Lasik costed some 30k odds. If at all you are keen to go for Lasik only, then please ensure that it is a bladeless cut, because I read that a cornia cut by blade never recovers its full strength.

Go on guys, do it. Especially if you are sick and tired of glasses like I was :)

Back