Audio UniqueMelody: Miracle - Initial Impressions

thirumalkumaran said:
Maybe OT,

How you guys figure out the fitting issues. The lack of seal?, or any pain induced,Difference in balance etc..

If the difference in balance, how to find which is the wrong one....?
You just know it, if you feel the need for a refit.

BF1983 said:
I have read that there are at times a reasonable difference between a custom and a universal mold. Perhaps thats the reason why Benny found the Miracle dark and Strategy does not.
But to make it dark like that ! :O

The Head-fi review by project86 , was a universal mold sent to him just for the review . he did not find them dark. And he praised it a lot. !

It is sad that most of us have to settle on a buying decision based upon someone else review. Expensive purchases needs to be evaluated by a person, rather than how someone else opines about them. Reviews can be colored. Judgements are sometimes based upon the frame of mind. I really feel bad that most of us have to reach an investment decision without auditioning them.

Benny, as I know him is a passionate audiophile and owing to his location, he gets to review some nice gears. Thanks for sharing your feedback. BTW, do PM me when my customs arrive. Oh I love the JH too, but they are too expensive for me. I could hands down recommend them to someone who doesnt have budget constrains.

mukulymn said:
@ santhosh
more in love wth dynamics !!!.........have u got ex1000 ?????

Not yet! Need to empty some space and build up some cash and wait for a price drop. There are plenty of options once I step up > $400, so going to wait a while.

PS: You were thinking about MG6 customs? Wait for sometime as a EX-1000 vs MG6 comparison should be coming up.

bennysachdev said:
I would still say the SM3 are better than the UM Mage with respect to the price point they sell at if one were to put his money down. It is only if your looking for customs, well even so, I would recommend JH's line-up rather than UM's. The JH10x3 were just soo addictive!! :D Not to forget the other competitors, the 1964-Q for bass heads and the 1964-T for neutral sound sig seeking audiophiles. Also offerings by Livewires, ACS and UE should be kept in perspective.

You make me feel better about owning SM3 :)

PS: You were thinking about MG6 customs? Wait for sometime as a EX-1000 vs MG6 comparison should be coming up.

I will be waiting for tht review

The universals that are coming up are quite good and are quite close to customs

If EX1000 can be about 90% of the sound from customs, i will remove customs from my list

@meph..., replied .

@mukul , if you have money to buy customs. BUY one . I mean , the 1964 quad suits your requirements. and Mage was already your custom of choice.

Or are you afaid of sending them for refitting?? i dont think that will be a problem, in my case it must have been my my impressions that were wrongly taken.

@ Everyone, a very bad news and a good one . does anyone want to hear :( .( ofcourse for me , but i want to share :cry: )

So i got the anedio D1, its AWESOME. neutral , clean , transparent, spacious, etc. MAn the K702 sounds different , no longs its just wide. its 3d now . :D

( sorry the bad news is worse, so this ends here )

1. Now, i ordered the HE6 on 14th January , but due to some problems it seems i wont be getting them. 15th Jan was the last date for promo @999 now the MRP is 1199. Fang is not replying to my mails and i will be getting the money back for nothing. I just dont want to spend another 200 for nothing :( . and i dont want LCD2 ,HE6 suit my preference a LOT.

2. My UM miracle are still not here. I dont know whats the deal I miss them I specifically ordered the Anedio D1 for Miracle and HE6 ( yeah i ordered the D1 after i ordered the HE6 )

3. An at relatives place, the D1 is just sitting in the corner, so is the K702.

4. There are more . ... .. :cry:

^ Update your signature :p

You are getting the refund back from Head-direct, right? If that's the case, you can always use it to buy something else.

What's the "more..." thing?

I myself have my share of troubles these days, no reply from head-direct and on the top of it no tracking updates from India Post. :mad: What if they loose my parcel? :fear:

@meph.., Yeah indian post is just too scary ...my ANedio was withheld at indraprastha office for no reason for 15days!

i will be getting my money back .... but i dont want money !! i want HE6 !! Even the HD800/t1/LCD2 dont excite me now (i mean like the HE6 ).

And More is .... my mind having ideas. :ashamed: ( like selling some of my stuff like FX700 / TF10 )

@ strategy.....congrats for anedio D1....whenever i try to focus on some iem setup....someone just comes up and just say about something better :mad:

Forget all.... i m gonna buy stax....:)

any how if u buy HE6....i will be coming to ur place to demo them.....:p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

damages for the anedio d1

the thing is with stax i will have to get a electrostatic amp also, which is around 1500, i would have gone for eXstatA DIY amp, i i had enough experience with DIY.

Get me a new HE6 below 1000 and i will sponsor your trip here ! :D
Also if i dont get a good deal soon I might go another route Skip this HE6-HD800-LCD-T1 league.

Damages ... :S ... hmm 1270 + 80 for shipping , and they charged me customs even though it was marked as a sample. ( though as i asked them to undervalue it was just 2.5K ) SO dont ask i dont want to remember,the horror. I can tell you this " i will never USE EMS/USPS/Govt. post ever again if i have a choice "

am i insane ?? No.

though i have 2 D1 now . the maverick D1 and Anedio D1.

LOL , but Man they are different.

I was looking to spend on a 400 -500 DAC , i ended up spending $1400 ... well atleast i am done with DACs now( or so i think )

@sushant , Aakash ( hay its AAkash not akash ) is my Bro's ID, you remember i sold a laptop on his behalf
Mukul , i asked them to undervalue the package at 200 and mark it as sample, i was thinking i wont be charged a penny .... but they still charged me Rs. 24xx ,(~$50 = 25% of 200 ). After soo much planning , they still chage me .... what will i have to do so that i wont be charged ( and dont say i should pay, i cant afford to pay customs as of now, if it was 5-10% i could , but 25% is just insane !! )

Back