Audio UniqueMelody: Miracle - Initial Impressions

So, what route you are taking after skipping the headphones - HE6 / HD800 / LCD2 etc.,? I am curious.

Selling FX700...hmmm. If you sell for a dirt cheap rate, I'll buy as backup :p

the JH3A+JH16/13 > stax/R10 route.

lol with all the spendings i have been doing ( and am plaing to do ) I dont think i will sell them at a good price. (the FX700 )

and sushant why are you not replying on Gtalk .

If you get JH3A, what would you use Anedio for? As a DAC only?

On customs, did I not tell you that you are likely to be charged for any big package? I got charged for a headphone marked as Gift with a Gift card inside it, so it does not surprise me at all.

thats what's stopping me from getting the JH3A :(

If i order the JH3A it will be useless with it.

the DAC was specifically ordered for Miracle and HE6

I am really disappointed in head-direct network and service .. i mean i was preparing for HE6 , i spent on equipment FOR the HE6 after i ordered the HE6, and they canceled my order and refunded the money !! WTH does that mean. Its a shame they have such a great HP as the HE6 .

It just has bass-head bass and treble-head treble, but it is still balanced. I won't recommend them to you because despite the clarity they position the vocalist a tad behind the instruments. When switching between RE-262 and FX700 during my reviews, I felt that RE-262 was more like vocalist + support group and FX700 was instruments + vocalist. But they are still awesome IEMs!

Edit: Who am I kidding! I am comparing FX700 and GR07 now and if not for anything, their timbre scores 100/10 to be in your sight! You should just listen to how natural instruments and vocals sound when compared to most IEMs.

IF you think that way you will be quite surprised with what you hear. ( " POLAR opp. " )

its not just the timbre the mids are good too. just not forward . Its more like " My kind of signature "

ok just make me clear.

I feel sound sig is aggressive/fatiguing(suitable more to trance, metal, hip hop)

It can be worn for 2-3 hrs continuously

and vocals can be brought in line with other instruments with eq.

Fatiguing? Are you still talking about FX700? ;)

I'd say you'll adjust in no time - both your brain and EQ. The first thing that you'll find excessive is the bass. But, you'll also notice the vastness of the sound stage and how open it sounds. I don't find FX700's treble to be offensive. The mids are just not as forward, but unlike other 'recessed mids' IEMs, they are clear, clean and full of details. So you won't be missing the midrange details at all, even if you do not EQ. I can wear it for hours together. GR07 gets trumped by FX700 in most categories, but it has enough of everything - almost the right amount of bass (more and it becomes a bit excessive, less and it becomes insufficient), good mids (felt a bit forward compared to FX700) and treble (no sizzle, but well detailed). But, whatever tracks I tested, timbre is certainly FX700's strength. I must have tested 3-4 IEMs against GR07 yesterday. One of the tracks happened to have a bell sound, which I kept thinking 'not natural', 'not natural'... until I hit FX700. Wonder how EX-1000 can better this :ashamed:

Heh! We just hijacked the thread from UM Miracle impressions to FX700 discussion. But this is not head-fi and as long as strategy has no issues, we can continue :p

Hi guys this is my first post. I dont know if im posting in the right thread but just wanted everyone to know that im getting the Merlin soon. Ill do some review on it once i get to use it for a week or two

mukulymn said:
^^^ please specify wht other phones u have used before
Currently using westone 4 , sony ex600 , vsonic gr07 , ecci pr401 ,sennheiser ie8 , panasonic hje900 , hifiman re262 , bose ie2 , teknines SITi fa , silver bullet xears td 100 II, sennheiser cx980

and many more mid tiers.
esanthosh said:
@2rooi123,
Are you the same as this? Welcome to TE.
yes thanks

Back