University Suggestions for GRE score

@OP - Be honest with yourself. How good are you when it comes to Computer Science Engineering? How strong are your basics? Where do your strengths lie?

From your posts, i'm assuming that you're more of a regular problem-solver than a true applications/computer engineer. If so, then take my advice seriously - focus on on-campus placements; work for 3 years in India and then aim for B-Schools.

Please please remember this -

Owning a pimped-out-rig does not qualify you for an M.S.

Contrary to the rat-race that you're forced into, not every indian engineering student needs to pursue a masters in a comparable field let alone believe that they're destined to do so.

Explore other options.

I've watched many of my friends screw up their careers and can no longer bear to watch anyone else do the same.

Owning a pimped-out-rig does not qualify you for an M.S.

What does that even mean?

i'm assuming that you're more of a regular problem-solver than a true applications/computer engineer

I have done some applications(I know i'm not very good,but I try)

here,I know it is slow(free server)

login there with test and test.

Srirama said:
What does that even mean?
My idea of a joke - it wasn't personally directed :) Honest!

And neither am i trying to dissuade you from pursuing a masters. Just be honest with yourself and explore other options to be on the safer side.

sid_donnydarko said:
My idea of a joke - it wasn't personally directed :) Honest!

And neither am i trying to dissuade you from pursuing a masters. Just be honest with yourself and explore other options to be on the safer side.

I know that are you are posting in the best of intentions. :)

also do look at edited post above(my very first project).

and I would like to get better education(not just for the sake of it).

Srirama said:
I have done some applications(I know i'm not very good,but I try)
here,I know it is slow(free server)
login there with test and test.

Sweet! :D But this is all the advice i can give you since i'm an undergrad myself. All the best! :hap2:

comp@ddict said:
Is there a website where I can learn more about this process and all about GRE and the exams I have to give or prepare and all for going abroad with respect to POST Grad Studies?
anyone ???

Guys,Thread Update.

Got some higher grades in revaluation,which pushes GPA to 8.8 mark

So here are the some of the universities i shortlisted.

Ambi:

CMU,U Penn,UC Santa Barbara,Purdue

Mod:

Rutgers,Ohio State,NCSU,Univ of Massachusetts Amherst

Safe:

ASU,USC and UIC.

One more good news.

I have now worked and brought up two new papers on Cloud Computing,which I have submitted to international conferences(Results Awaited)

Did a project on "Predictive Texting in Tamil(Regional Language)".

Plus the already mentioned projects on Forum+Cloud.

How are these Universities,should i make any addition?

My primary research interest is in Networking,especially Cloud Computing.

Thread Update.

My Paper titled "Optimization of Knowledge Sharing through Multi-Forum using Cloud Computing Architecture" is selected inICSCT 2011

And to be published in ASME journal.

I hope this will bolster my chances :)

^Good going man! Going through this thread for the first time and you can safely take Ronnie and stalker's advice. Some tips from my side (someone can correct me if I am wrong) -

1. Though you probably know this by now, the departments are ranked rather than colleges. It might be the case that one dept may be in the top 10 and other virtually unknown since all depends on the research and the professors in a dept.

2. You finish your education from a known dept and work really hard towards securing an internship and a job, you will definitely get one since the tech sector is still booming in the US. Can't say for the 3-4 years later but the companies are minting money as of now. 2 of my friends have $100k+ salaries without any previous work ex :)

3. When you finally get down to writing your essays, be crystal clear about why you want to go ahead with it and what are your eventual plans. Universities really love the fact that you are clear about your aims. All the SOPs that I have seen of my friends who got accepts were point on with regards to their aims and the hard work they had put in to get here. (You may not have planned it from 9th standard but you have to show it like that :p)

Other than that, you have a fantastic GPA and an international published paper. I think you would do really well. Best of luck!:)

^ No issues man, I could also give you the comments of 2 other friends of mine who successfully got accepted and are abroad right now (U.S. and U.K. - the best of both continents :p)

I wanted to know if the college brand name also matter? As in, does that fact that one graduates from the top 10 colleges of india matter much?

I'm in my 3rd year right now and have interest in a course related to physics/electronics(still analyzing my interests, my branch is engineering Physics(specialization in electronics and pursuing from Delhi college of engineering).

Just a general idea would do. :)

I'm also working on my marks and the research/internships aspect.

@srirama - wow ! great going man, all the best :D

btw can you tell me entire process of Research papers submissions ? Thanks a lot :)

@Avi,not big deal really.

Just follow the IEEE format,draft your ideas according to that.

Subscribe to conferencealerts.com and submit your paper to a conference whose interests matches yours.

Thats it.

^thanks a lot man, I thought it is some tough task. Anyways let's not deviate this thread & I will PM you if I get any more doubts :)

back to GRE. MS usually costs around 35-40 lakhs & in some good colleges up to 60 lakhs also. But when we are getting back that money ? How much salary usually one will be having after completion of MS ?

Back