University Suggestions for GRE score

If you graduate from a good school,one can expect salaries of 90K $+.(I mean top 15)

See it also depends one's intern also.Lets say you intern at a company,and then they offer you a job,they may pay higher.

Anyway i'm not the expert here,just my views :)

^That makes some 40 lakhs / year, right ? So within just one year, we get back all our money... ?

What about top 50 ?

I am from CSE, current CGPA - 9.23 [will try to reach 9.3 by end]

No research background at all.

Do I have any chances of getting into good schools ? How much my GRE score should be ?

First of all Congratulations!

Thats an awesome GPA,+ you own a forum :)

One can still expect 60$K+ I think.

Are you going to apply to universities this fall?

^Thank you :) [I will explain later or perhaps make a thread for secret behind my CGPA :p]

60k USD = 28 lakhs / year. Hmm...

I have not taken the test yet, but I am preparing. I am not sure about next, I am totally confused what to do. DRDO, IISC & MS. All these things eating my head. I am not even sure what to do :|

lol alright.

By all means give the GRE a good go.(I prepped only for 2 weeks and i neglected quantitative part completely for which i paid the price).

All the best.

Thank you :)

Btw how much GRE score one should have to get into good schools ? [not top 10, but may be top 50 ?]

I think the New GRE is out of 340 or something,I do not know much about the New GRE.

if you take up the test now,you'll get your marks out of 1600 which will then be converted into a total out of 340.

Like I've said before, your GRE score has pretty much 0 correlation with your chances of getting into a good school. All that anyone uses GRE scores for is to set a minimum bar (say 1250-1300).

Also, @avi, while submitting to a conference is no big deal, coming up with content worthy of submission is HUGE task.

@Tenzin, A college's brand name will most definitely help if it is one of the top 10-15, IITs, NITs, IIITs and such.

actually I thought submission also some big task, that's why I surprised. And yes, I agree with you, coming up with an worthy topic is tricky & toughest.

OK people have finished applying.

Now the wait begins.

Hope I get an admit somewhere.

I have two papers now at international conferences

A project under TIFAC-CORE

Very strong recos.

I finally decided on the following Univs.

UC SB,UC SD,USC,UIC,Uni of Arizona,Penn State,Ohio State,NC State ,GAtech..

I know not too many safes.

IMO safes are UIC and USC(not really sure)..

I hope i have not been overtly optimistic.

All said and done,I have applied.

Thank you everyone for helping out.

New gre is out of 340 but they show same score for quantitative and aptitide (got 157/170 for both) and an abysmal 3.5/6 for the essay. Not that I did any preparation but I had thought I'd score better than that at least :(

Anyway no plans to study abroad, just gave it to make use of the 50% off that was there till September.

Dude no worries.

I'm on a similar plane,My score was revised to 159Q and 160V,totals to 319/340.

Same 3.5/6

Anyway all the best for your endeavors :)

I gave the exam in october end and got a range of 750-800 in quant and 650-750 in verbal. are there any fixed scales they use to convert these to the 340 format?

Jus log in back to your account and check for the GRE scores,they should have been converted by ETS..

And exact score out of 340 will be achieved.

Back