Unreal Tournament 3 Demo LEAKED

Finished my first UT3 match on Shangri La - game is smooth and I get a steady 62fps with all settings maxed out. The gameplay is typical UT-style which I don't happen to like very much being a Quaker for years... it's still fun, though. Here are some pics of Shangri La:

Pics of Heat Ray, another deathmatch map with an industrial look and feel to it... this map was more fun, but the only bummer is Cerberus is HUGE and you can't frag him :S

The FPS Is capped at 62 it seems. not many graphics tweaking options either; the game also doesn't support AA in DX9 mode.

Screenshots@1440x900 - 16x AF - Maximum Settings -

Anti Aliasing works when you rename the game's exe file to Bioshock.exe

Here's a screenshot of the game being played with 16x AF and 8x Super Sampling AA. FPS Dropped from 62 (no AA) to 30 (8x SS AA) Drops even more during heavy combat.

also, If you use a Quad Core Processor, you'll get a great performance boost as the game uses all four cores (just like Airborne and BioShock)

2eckzdl.jpg

Worked fine at my end! The gameplay looks good. It's as fast as the original UT. The guns look good especially the sniper. The maps won't look good in the screenshots as they are a bit dark. Didn't try the vehicles too much. Here are my screens:

saumilsingh said:
Awesome screenies people.
Sad that people here will never play anything besides stupid Clan Arena...
LOL when last did you drop by the FS server, TDM/CTF is played sometimes when I'm around... plus, who's stopping you from dueling - a few duelers are still around ;)

I am hoping against all odds that we get servers for TF2, ETQW and Left4Dead, but seeing as how we don't even have a CSS server(!) should tell you something...

saumilsingh said:
I am hoping against all odds that we get servers for TF2, ETQW and Left4Dead, but seeing as how we don't even have a CSS server(!) should tell you something...

:(

i didn't know left4dead had a multiplayer mode. one more game we can't play :(

finally got my hands on the demo i was more interested in the engine code rather than the demo.overall the game is looking rather interesting than enjoyable.
i landed up with tweaking some stuffs here and there but couldn't save the .ini files like how i did in the other UT3 engine based games
ok here is one thing that all you guys should try u can uncap the static FPS of 62 by change the figures in the Baseengine.ini file in the
C:\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\Engine\Config
over there search for this
[Engine.GameEngine]
bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
MinSmoothedFrameRate=22
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=62

change the figures as you wish i set them to 30 and 100

also for those using Ati cards here is thing that can give u a boost in everything
[Engine.ISVHacks]
DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=True
UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=False

change the True value to False and see the textures look more bumpier and and load time decrease this is a standard thing that is there in the UT engines
all those who are playing BIOSHOCK can try out these setting

since its more of a BETA Demo the usual tweaking things are not yet available
i'll try to find out more tweaks but good luck in tweak them its all on your own risk if anything goes wrong just reinstall the game :p

Removing the FPS Cap resulted in a huge performance boost. at 16x AF and 8x SS AA the game gives over 50fps most of the time. which is amazing considering the amount of detail present; this could also be largely attributed to the fact that the demo doesn't contain ultra high res textures. whichever the case is, the performance is amazing. Crytek should take a lesson (or two) from Epic when it comes to optimizing titles. after playing UT3, I Immediately played Crysis BETA, to my surprise, in many areas, UT3 looks much better than Crysis while playing smooth as silk. very impressive. damn fine job by Mark Rein and company :)

lol... you guys at least reached that far. I am facing an Installation problem (Error 1335 data1.cab corrupt). I messed around with MSI so much to make this work that now that it got corrupted.

Back