Budget 0-20k Upgrade old rig OR New Desktop?-Please advice.

Yeah. Getting a new and better PSU will do you good in the long run. Especially savings in EB and safety to your costly components.
Many a times when a cheap PSU conks out it destroys some components. Have seen HDD,RAM & Gfx card getting damaged.
Corsair VS550,Antec VP450P, Seasonic SII 430/530 are some good choices. The first 2 are cheaper too.

Last edited:

G3220 + H81 M Ausus
GTX-750 @ 7k (waiting for festive offer)
PSU-old initially
ok, new PSU in.
Now concluding ... help me to finalize.
Option-1
Pentium G3220 - Rs 3150 (http://costtocost.in/list/pricelist.pdf)
Gigabyte H81M-S1 - Rs. 3300 (3311 on flipkart right now)
4GB DDR3 RAM - Rs. 2700
Zotac GTX 750 - Rs. 7k (budget is higher for me, Is R7 -250 DDR5 good at lower cost?)
PSU - ?? Antec 450 or S12 II ??

Option-2
As Crazy_Eddy advised earlier,
Pentium G2030 - 3355
Gigabyte H61M-S - 2850
4GB RAM - 2600
GT 730 (64-bit mem bus variant) - 4800
Antec VP450P - 2500 or S12 II ?

ok.
The G3220+H81 combo is newer and preferred, but it's also more expensive. The GTX 750 should be good (if you get it for 7k).

But I would not risk it on that PSU. As per the ratings, it appears to be a 250W PSU, that is if those ratings are correct. Even if by luck the PSU does not go up in flames, there is no guarantee that it will not affect the lifespan of your devices.
There's another problem - it won't have a 24-pin ATX connector, and the additional 4 pins are for powering the PCIe slot for your GPU. No power for the GPU = no boot.
waiting for Crazy_Eddy opinion on option-1 or option-2 since he had advised above..

waiting for Crazy_Eddy opinion on option-1 or option-2 since he had advised above..
As I said, Option 1 would obviously be preferred. I only hesitated because it exceeds your budget, so it's up to you if you can manage it.
PSU - I would go with the S12II.

Its a better PSU but Seasonic after sales in India in India is not that good.
Yes unfortunately only Corsair has good after sales, but there's nothing worth recommending from their range in this segment. Any recent issues you noticed with Seasonic?

PSU, considering the service of Seasonic with Tripathi, you can go with Antec.
No word on Antec support AFAIK, so for now I would refrain from assuming it's good.

As I said, Option 1 would obviously be preferred. I only hesitated because it exceeds your budget, so it's up to you if you can manage it.
PSU - I would go with the S12II.

Yes unfortunately only Corsair has good after sales, but there's nothing worth recommending from their range in this segment. Any recent issues you noticed with Seasonic?

No word on Antec support AFAIK, so for now I would refrain from assuming it's good.

Well, existing PSU has 24 pin connector hence I consider it for now at least.

Last question on lowering budget

Is R7-240 >GT-730?

Wish to grab better suits among two with G 3220-H81M-S1 combo plus existing PSU.

I ended up by replacing new Pentium G2030+Gigabyte H61M-S and kept 250gb HDD & 4d PSU as it is due to tight budget. No graphic card added.

Now, some higher version & new game lacking; slow (replay kind of) running or not run at all.

Is it time to add graphic card-GT730? Does above mobo having enough power to run the show after adding graphic card?

Does above mobo having enough power to run the show after adding graphic card?

Your mobo is not what you should be concerned about - your psu should have been the first component to be replaced.
Seriously dude, you are literally playing with fire by not upgrading your psu.
Spend 3-4k on a good psu or you risk losing 15k worth of hardware. Trust me, you are not saving money by using the 4d psu - get rid of it asap!

Try to get the r7 250 but if it's still out of budget then go for a gt740 for around 5-6k. But only after you change the psu.

First plan to get a crossair/seasonic ~400-450watt rated PSU, You will never need more wattage in 99% of the case for next 10-15 years if your PSU runs along. My crosair 430 watt is now 7 year old..
After that with your budget, just go for what Crazy has suggested.. May be you can upgrade the CPU+ MOBO combo to G3220 with Gigabyte/ASUS Mobo. Don't pressure yourself over this.
GFX card - not in touch with latest news. So your choice, but getting a better card always helps. Plus a 4 GB RAM..

Edited: You have already bought one.. :)

Your mobo is not what you should be concerned about - your psu should have been the first component to be replaced. Seriously dude, you are literally playing with fire by not upgrading your psu.
Spend 3-4k on a good psu or you risk losing 15k worth of hardware.
how?!
Edit:- ok, got the point. Better to replace it. which one suitable considering mobo specs & requirement?

Game title? Resolution the game is being played at?
1280 x 800 Viewsonic 19" LCD. Game- Takken 6, Spiderman (some latest series. Forgot it). He's Blackbelt certified and more inclined for Fight & Racing games. Now, he insisted to buy E1004 Sony PSP but its more VFM option to upgrade current mobo with GFX card, I think.
Slow motion run in few game while in other message appeared "The memory could not read"

First plan to get a crossair/seasonic ~400-450watt rated PSU, You will never need more wattage in 99% of the case for next 10-15 years if your PSU runs along.
400-450watt really suits/required?
GFX card - not in touch with latest news. So your choice, but getting a better card always helps. Plus a 4 GB RAM..
2 gb Hynix new RAM installed with new Mobo. Enough?!

Last edited:
Tekken 6 does not exist on the PC platform. I'm guessing he's using a PSP emulator. Sounds more like a software issue. Else if he's really into PSP games, you might as well get a PSP itself.
Confirmed by him for PSP emulator.
which one better option- to invest in PC by adding GFX + PSU + 2Gb RAM or simply throw money in PSP.?

400-450watt really suits/required?
Yes, it will be more than enough.

Corsair VS550,Antec VP450P, Seasonic SII 430/530 are some good choices.
^the above three are good quality psu's - go for any one of them.

Slow motion run in few game while in other message appeared "The memory could not read"
Sounds like a software issue. I got problems when trying to emulate god of war on my pc.

which one better option- to invest in PC by adding GFX + PSU + 2Gb RAM or simply throw money in PSP.?
Upgrading the PC seems like a better option since with a gpu you can play WAY more games with better quality, better performance, more genres with multiplayer and on a bigger screen.

invest in PC by adding GFX + PSU + 2Gb RAM
^This is what i would do. Tell us your budget. The psu and ram will cost around 5-7k. Decent gpu's are around 8k onwards (there are ones starting for as low as 2-3k but they're crap).

Depending on your choice of gpu this option may not be cheaper than buying a psp but i still consider it better vfm since one can do so much more with gaming hardware in a pc.

2 gb Hynix new RAM installed with new Mobo. Enough?!
2gb is the bare minimum. I would recommend you get at least 4gb for a decent experience.

I spent 8k, 2 months back & installed NEW Pentium G2030+Gigabyte H61M-S+ 2GB hynix RAM and kept old 250gb HDD & 4d PSU as it is.

Now, decided to add GFX card + PSU + 2gb RAM (to club with old 2 gb Hynix ram) and 250gb HDD additionally. Budget - 8k.
First & foremost need is to satisfy my 14 years son gaming current and future requirements. Second to operate as Home PC-general use. Pl suggest

Back