PC Peripherals Upgrading PC, confused bet. processors

bs0409

Disciple
Jun 10, 2009
pa1pa1 said:
I think i'll go with E8400. There are too many 45-chipset based motherboards to choose from. My friend had bad experiences with MSI and he tells its bios is not so good. Any truth in it? or should i go for MSI P45C Neo-FIR ?

You can read some reviews.
MSI boards are not that bad but problems do pop up occasionally.....
Obviously MSI boards are not so good compared to Gigabyte or Asus.
But I have seen that for a given budget, MSI boards offer the maximum functionality.

The Neo-FIR is good VFM and future proof.........
It supports DDR2 as well as DDR3. So u can get DDR2 now and upgrade to DDR3 later.
It also supports PCIe x16 v2 so u will get good bandwidth from your GPU.

pa1pa1

Disciple
Aug 11, 2008
WingZero said:
x4 94BE 10k
Biostar 790gx 128mb 6k
4gb rams ocz/gskill 4k odd

Well the stupid dealer tells my father that AMD proc are (still) bugged with overheating problems and that an Air conditioner is a must for playing games on it. Aint it just a thing of the past?

The Sorcerer

Skilled
Jun 16, 2007
hardwarebbq.com
I think you should show this thread to your father. A person with his experience will obviously that there will be people who will be ready to take anyone for a ride:

Sir I am pretty sure even you agree that there's a difference between a company with big market and company with great product- though the "service" is pretty much the same. As of now AMD processors are pretty option since they give more ability to upgrade and are faster than the current intel's c2d model to which the performance difference is visible. AMD's service is pretty much as same as Intel since processors dont usually end up being defective (unless the user damages by using sub standard components which dealers tend to do so). However if you trust Intel based on advertisements and marketing tactics- not to mention the spin of lies assemblers "spit" out of their mouth, that is your wish. TE is a tech forum and members are the ones who keep a tab on hardware- the way its supposed to be. Buying electronics is not like buying clothes viz based on the hype and advertisements- its the performance-per-buck that matters a lot. However, if you are still in a mindset that intel is better, sorry to say no technical advice can be proven with that kind of closed state of mind. You can go ahead keeping a fear in mind that with the money you have invested you have chosen what dealers say who dont know anything and with the fear in the mind that you have bought something which is, at a moment, not a VFM. Please make decisions accordingly for the value of your money. Amd is a pretty old company and they also make energy efficient onboard graphics & graphic cards.

You can also Show your dad about this thread:

http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/alert-to-the-newbies-fraudlent-assemblers-138023.html

This is techenclave- not some shitty forum who advices for the heck of advising.