Upgraditis - what did you get today ?

TheMask

Skilled
rahul said:
dude i am not confirming it as i am getting more greedy and thikning about 7800GTX .... :)

Thats not greed.. I am afraid u have contracted the disease.. :huh:

Its called Upgraditis.. Once affected it'll take years of rehabilitation to get back to normal. Its symptoms include getting a feeling of trashing ur rig with a hockey stick the moment u see a new hardware on the shelf. Ppl have been known to be affected with this disease for ages. The main effect it has is on ur bank balance sheet.

One possible cure is to get a girl friend and/or get married :p

Thread split,

orignal thread here >
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5119&page=3&pp=10

:rofl: :rofl: One of the best posts on TE..... I LOVE IT!!! AWESOME!!!

And sorry for the OT but ?I cannot help it..... AWESOME!!!

TheMask said:
Thats not greed.. I am afraid u have contracted the disease.. :huh:

Its called Upgraditis.. Once affected it'll take years of rehabilitation to get back to normal. Its symptoms include getting a feeling of trashing ur rig with a hockey stick the moment u see a new hardware on the shelf. Ppl have been known to be affected with this disease for ages. The main effect is has is on ur bank balance sheet.

Once possible cure is to get a girl friend and/or get married :p

OMG! OMG! OMFG!
Can't believe u, doctor masky! :rofl:

OT .. OT.. OT

TheMask said:
Once possible cure is to get a girl friend and/or get married :p

Even that hasn't stopped me. :eek:hyeah: My girlfriend calls my rig my first wife as I often am stuck to it. :D :D She manages to ignore me when I'm at work on my comp. Guess I'm one of those lucky guys. Whadya ppl. say ???

But man luved ur post.

Upgraditis - wow doctor masky. ;)
rave ur suggestion looks perfect , move it to a new sction where more and more ppl
can post there views on it.

hehe

Hmmmmm.....GF ......had one for one and half years .... anyways leave it its a long story .....bu i don't think its a cure ...... u bad doctor masky:p

Hmmfinding a GF is just a temporary solution to the problem....after a while ull have the itch to upgrade the GF too !!!! ;-)

So my advice is to just borrow other ppls comp/GF and when u get bored dump the thing and search for a new one.What do ya say?

Hehe the medicine given by maskie is worse than the original disease... You guys decide... which is more expensive to maintain... a GF or a comp :p. My answer is obvious... GF :p

Okey think of this vicious circle.

You are born>You buy a fast comp>Turns out it is not so fast>You upgrade>Still not satisfied>You upgrade>Still not satisfied>Doc tells you to get a GF>You get a GF>Your comp is now even more slow>You upgrade>Now your GF is impressed by your comp>You get her a comp>She thinks its slow>You upgrade hers>Now yours is slow>You upgrade yours>Now hers is slow...
Dont ask me what happens after this... Cause i still have to find out...

^^ The doc asks u to get married and have kids > now urs and ur Wife's(former GF)comp is still slower >> you upgrade >> now ur kids want a comp >> you get them a comp >> they think it sucks >> so you upgrade theirs >> now u think ur is outdated >> so u upgrade and the vicious cycle continues

:rofl:

haha .....upgraditis ...hell yea :p ....am badly inflicted ....... so much so that i bought a pcie 6600 GT in december 2004 before i got the mobo , waited for the mobo ,got fed up and sold it in march 2005 without even using it , s939 was too expensive an option so then finally settled for a s754 , and then got an 6600 GT AGP ..... for me it was upgraditis , after medication side effects lead to degraditis . :D

Am trying to recover from past chronic infection of upgraditis.

have got it fairly under control, atleast i think so.

psst ....which is the better purchase now X2 3800+ or 3700+ SD.??

hmmm.....i was affected with upgraditis since april....due to my indecisive capabilities :eek:hyeah: i've lost upgraditis for good :)

Lolz Switch & blade , the Vicious circle is really vicious.

@ragin Ice - upgraditis sometimes leads to degraditis.

Ask me.

Earlier i was planning to get
FX55 - Darky educated me that its not worth it , those were the early days i was 0 on OCing info.
3500+ Winne -> well i had almost made my mind on this after deciding on this i started
to gather info on OCing.
3200+ Winne -> later brand new Venice & SD entered the market.
So Decided that 3700 SD wud be gr8 but still i told my mind why spend more.
3200+ Venice i had made up my mind on this , then came to know abt steppings
which week Venice rocked so started my journey to find 0515 & 0517 3200+ Venice
but after that funky decided to sell his excellent 3000+ 0517 so for a few days
i thought all at the end i wanted to do is oc and i cant get such a gr8 stepping 3000+
ne where.
So told funky immediately that i will get ur 3000+ Venice and i was the luckiest person on the planet to get his fantastic Venice which does 2.9 on ASUS A8N Sli.

I feel really sad as nikhil was also intrested in that 3000+ Venice but he couldnt sell his 3200+ Winne.

I am still getting funkies 3000+ Venice but waiting for a few things to arrive. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back