PC Peripherals UPS 600VA or 1100VA?

sudeepvz

Disciple
Hello,

Can someone enlighten me about the relation between the SMPS and UPS? I meant when I inquired about the UPS for my new PC, the shopkeeper told me that I cant go with APC 600VA because my SMPS is itself of 500-600 W (Will go with any model of Seasonic) and the machine is very demanding (i7-4790k + 750gti), and I need to go with 100VA UPS. I said OK until I found that 1100VA model costs more than 2.5 times 600VA model.

Can someone clear this thing or provide an alternative?

Thanks

Hi Sudeep
the things i would consider while choosing the UPS is the total load, entire chassis ( complete PSU power consumption at full load) + the display + any other peripheral you may add, and also if you have a inverter already at home, for your load i would suggest going with a 1100VA, which would give you a headroom of 200-250VA and the best part of the 1100va UPS from APC is that you can add, Add-on battery packs

Hey I also had a similar query. Thanks for the great input.

Also if you can guide me where I can get the UPS online. It would be great. @primeabgb never replies even after PMs and several emails and phone calls.

Hey ryan, thanks a lot for replying. Can you guide me on how to calculate the load, because when I tried to calculate load for PSU, it gave me around 280W, but it is recommended to go for a PSU of 520-620W (by the shopkeepers, they wont agree for below 520) So how do you find out the exact need. Similarly in case of UPS. Also,I don't have an inverter. And I don't think of adding any peripherals either. Its just because APC's 1100VA costs Rs. 5340 whereas 600VA costs Rs. 2080. And I am running tight and low on budget. But yeah, if I have no choice, then I would have to go with 1100VA. I am just looking for other options. How are Microtek inverters? Are they recommended?

Back