Camera Urgent: 550D+extra lens vs 60D

I was referring specifically to the Panasonic m43 16 MP sensor (the one I showed in the DXOMark link) since there were no concrete reviews of the EM5D. It seems to be a different sensor considering it outperforms the Panasonic. Also the Fuji 16 MP APS-C is still better than the eM-5D. Even the 24 MP Sony NEX-7 is better as tested by Digitalrev. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRyQU6XCQt0

lol you consider Kai a reviewer?! anything without a Leica label is "whatever" to him,their videos are just for popcorn timepass viewing

nex-7: is better how? @ 12800 ISO? what percentage of your shots would be at 12800 ISO unless it was just for testing purpose?

the results between the the E-m5 and nex-7 are identical till ISO 3200

only thing better on the nex-7 compared to the e-m5 is the video quality and resolution (not IQ)

also to note the IBIS on the E-M5 is so good that people are reporting tack sharp images at upto 1/8th shutter speed handheld...in that case why would anyone need to go above ISO 3200?

P.S:i know ur more experienced than to state stuff like a camera is better coz it has more megapixels...makes you sound like a noob

here is a better comparison

http://soundimageplu...part-10_28.html

http://www.stevehuff...ony-nex-7-jpeg/

in the DPreview article,go to the dynamic range page,select Auto DR on the E-m5 and the nex-7 and see which has the broader Dynamic range

x-pro 1: its better yes i agree,but wat good is it if it cant lock focus? and it not only in low light,the fuji has trouble with AF in bright light too

also it costs $1500 BODY ONLY compared to $999 for the E-M5 body only

Engadget reviews the E-M5:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/01/olympus-om-d-em-5-micro-four-thirds-camera-review/

"Images shot throughout that spectrum are usable at any size. ISO 25,600 looks quite fantastic, as you'll see in the 1:1 pixel views below. As with most mirrorless cameras with a MFT or larger sensor, you could quite comfortably leave the E-M5 set to ISO 3200 for casual shooting without any significant quality loss, but we'd even be willing to push that limit to 6400 or higher if shooting in low light."

"More in line with the E-M5's $1,300 kit tag would be Sony's NEX-7, which can be had for a cool $1,350 with an included 18-55mm lens. Many photographers have gripes with Sony's lens selection, however, arguing that the kit optic simply doesn't offer performance to match the camera's 24.3-megapixel sensor. If you can invest in higher-end lenses, like the $1,300 24mm Carl Zeiss Sonnar T f/1.8, and need to capture larger images, you may still consider Sony's NEX flagship, but if you're simply comparing both kits, the E-M5 seems like the winner here as well."

"...there hasn't been a better time to hop aboard Micro Four Thirds."

Look we were arguing about IQ only. You seem to keep shifting the argument suddenly to AF (which ill admit the EM5D is very very good), in built IS (again its good for sure) and other parameters which I neither refuted nor brought up.

This was all about IQ period which started after your statement the the IQ of the E5MD was MUCH better than the 60D which I seriously doubt.

The EM5D doesn't have the best high ISO (for an APS-C DSLR. You can compare with Pentax K5 in the Dpreview RAW ISO comparison chart) and DR hasn't been measured using RAW so I won't comment.

Ill admit I am surprised by the high DR for a m43 sensor and I think it should be mostly true but to say its much better than 60D is simply not true. Measurements are all good but frankly I can barely tell any difference in IQ between my 4 year old 12 MP A700 and the newer 16 MP A55.

If you look at the whole package its a good camera but with zero support in India and no lenses available its not a camera to be recommended at least in India. Thats the sole reason I never bother recommending Sony to anyone in India. The overall package of comparable Sony cameras is very good but with very little support available its not a viable choice anyone and with IQ being pretty good these days (hardly any differences upto ISO 1600 anyways), the advantage always goes to the brands with better support and lens support and lets face it neither Olympus nor Sony is very good here (in India).

im just pointing our reviews which say that the m4/3 sensor is equal in IQ to the NEX-7 which is a APS-C sensor(which even the 60d has) but i donno which among the NEX-7 and 60D has the better IQ

Back