PC Peripherals Urgently require a psu for the rig in my sig.

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
Guys urgently require a psu for this rig. was playing max payne and all of a sudden everything stopped. Nothing powering on, so it must definitely be the psu.

But hell budget constrained. Want something cheap and sturdy. Kindly suggest asap. As am without pc even after parents being on tour.

@Jakob and @havoknation, appreciate your suggestions guys. just need to ask is there something in the 1.5-2k range. Wont mind used either. As will be upgrading in the coming months.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your signature is the rig you're using then for HD6850 it's better to at least get Corsair CX430V2-2.4k,I'd suggest to invest little more and get a solid psu and you won't have to spend money twice on same component.If budget is really constraining then Corsair CX430V2-2.4k is the psu you'd go for.
appreciate your suggestions guys. just need to ask is there something in the 1.5-2k range. Wont mind used either. As will be upgrading in the coming months.

If your signature is the rig you're using then for HD6850 it's better to at least get Corsair CX430V2-2.4k,I'd suggest to invest little more and get a solid psu and you won't have to spend money twice on same component.If budget is really constraining then Corsair CX430V2-2.4k is the psu you'd go for.

Ohrite although am really budget constrained, though will still try to go for a better one. Just lets hope these are readily available.

update - buying vx 450 for 2200. El cheapo next to my house what more do i want!

Will get an entire new rig in coming months. Why did anyone not suggest the vx though?
@Jakob and @havoknation, is the vx a good choice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody suggested VX450 because it's EOL,It's out of production,If you're getting VX450 at that price then it's good but check before that it's not Corsair VS450 cause the VS series is not good enough for you,Are you getting a new one or used?
update - buying vx 450 for 2200. El cheapo next to my house what more do i want!

Will get an entire new rig in coming months. Why did anyone not suggest the vx though?
is the vx a good choice?

Nobody suggested VX450 because it's EOL,It's out of production,If you're getting VX450 at that price then it's good but check before that it's not Corsair VS450 cause the VS series is not good enough for you,Are you getting a new one or used?

Ohk bro hope he heard me right. Have already ordered from Lamington. Will get it in an hour. Lets hope its the vx. Else i will have to go with cx430! Right? Also kindly suggest me something future proof if possible. Willing to spend ~3k.

So you ordered from lammy huh,Where did you ordered from?,I think they might send you VS450 cause i haven't seen a new VX450 sold after 2009 or 08,If you get VS450 which you might then get it replaced by CX430V2,If you're willing to spend 3k then add a bit more after a little time and get Seasonic S12ii 520W-4k,It'll be good enough for adding 15-17k GPU.
Ohk bro hope he heard me right. Have already ordered from Lamington. Will get it in an hour. Lets hope its the vx. Else i will have to go with cx430! Right? Also kindly suggest me something future proof if possible. Willing to spend ~3k.

So you ordered from lammy huh,Where did you ordered from?,I think they might send you VS450 cause i haven't seen a new VX450 sold after 2009 or 08,If you get VS450 which you might then get it replaced by CX430V2,If you're willing to spend 3k then add a bit more after a little time and get Seasonic S12ii 520W-4k,It'll be good enough for adding 15-17k GPU.

Dude thats whats happened. Lol. Well will get the cx then. cannot extend till 4, bro! :(

Yeah it can but if you have 3k then go for seasonic S12ii 430W it's a solid psu.

Almost 1k difference bro. And both have good reviews. A bit confusing. How much would a seasonic s12ii 520 cost me? would rather go for it making a future proof purchase.

Almost 1k difference bro. And both have good reviews. A bit confusing. How much would a seasonic s12ii 520 cost me? would rather go for it making a future proof purchase.

S12 II 520W would be 3.9k-4k. Get it without having any other thought. Its a best PSU in this range

The Seasonic S12ii 520W is 4k so extra 700 bucks would be worth a lot more.It's your call.

Back