US declares Xiaomi a “Communist Chinese military company,” bans investments

Yeah but sucking up to Chinese is no good either, just because they are ahead doesn't mean we can't stand up on our feet. They keep taking out territory and we are more then happy getting their copy cat products that gets dumped here. Forget government, it's people responsibility first.
Agree with you. My very first post points out about us people failing in this nation more than politicians.
If we start standing by our soldiers by not paying them it will show them chinese that India is not for granted even if political will is not upto the mark.

This country is asking for war.

Last edited:
Agree with you. My very first post points out about us people failing in this nation more than politicians.
If we start standing by our soldiers by not paying them it will show them chinese that India is not for granted even if political will is not upto the mark.
People giving more importance to their own interests over national ones, now wonder why our 'netas' are like this. They are from one of us only.

There is this quote that I like - A great leader takes people where they don't necessarily want to go, but ought to be.

Common people do support such sentiments, but they can't do much about it because a common man, especially in India, has to worry about where his next meal is gonna come from. Any actual work on such sentiments has to happen from the top. Unfortunately, for a long time now, irrespective of which party got elected, our so called leaders were more interested in doing well for themselves rather than doing the job they were elected for. And that is why, a dictatorship like China is more successful in implementing such policies in a better manner compared to someplace like India. Successful democracies like US and Europe take a lot of time to reach those stages and hence it is going to take longer for India as well.

I don't want to understate how bad China is for human rights. At the same time I have not forgotten how inhumane the USA, Britishers, and other European nations were in all the countries they raided over the last 200+ years. Most of the rich countries earned their fortunes by inhuman means during war or conquest. They have used(or abused) it well after pilfering it though.

I do want India to be a superpower and compete or beat China at manufacturing locally. At no cost, I want us to be self righteous and a hypocrite like the USA, where they still struggle with racism in 2021, have raided half a dozen counties in past 50 years and still have the gall to call themselves a "successful" democracy !! We should strive to succeed by finding our own formula instead of emulating anyone.

However nothing is ever black and white.
These so called evil Chinese companies have bought joy to so many Indians over the past few years. Back in 2010-13, it was a lifelong dream for the unfortunate just to buy a smartphone once. No way they could till they took unwise decisions and diverted money from necessities into buying a phone.

Now, in 2020 most can buy and use a phone, thanks to China and Jio. imagine how much joy and opportunity it brings to these folks. Do you think they care who brought them this opportunity? Should they? Are we going to sit in our cosy houses and steal their joy and opportunity because we don't like China?

As I said, I would love India to do it. Blame the government or ask them to do xyz to sort out this mess. In capitalism, however, it is to be expected that the best product wins. If the unfortunate have borne all the inequality that comes with capitalism for so long, how can you decide to take it away when it is finally their chance to enjoy its fruit?

I would urge all of you to just go and look at some of the reviews on fk and Amazon for sub 10k/5k phones. I have found so many touching stories over there which just bring me back to this whole dilemma.

Look how happy they are. Who are we to steal their joy?

Read some reviews here and remember these are real people expressing their joy. Humans first and Indians after that:

POCO C3 (Lime Green, 32 GB)

Opinions expressed here are just my personal views.

Last edited:
I don't want to understate how bad China is for human rights. At the same time I have not forgotten how inhumane the USA, Britishers, and other European nations were in all the countries they raided over the last 200+ years. Most of the rich countries earned their fortunes by inhuman means during war or conquest. They have used(or abused) it well after pilfering it though.

I do want India to be a superpower and compete or beat China at manufacturing locally. At no cost, I want us to be self righteous and a hypocrite like the USA, where they still struggle with racism in 2021, have raided half a dozen counties in past 50 years and still have the gall to call themselves a "successful" democracy !! We should strive to succeed by finding our own formula instead of emulating anyone.

However nothing is ever black and white.
These so called evil Chinese companies have bought joy to so many Indians over the past few years. Back in 2010-13, it was a lifelong dream for the unfortunate just to buy a smartphone once. No way they could till they took unwise decisions and diverted money from necessities into buying a phone.

Now, in 2020 most can buy and use a phone, thanks to China and Jio. imagine how much joy and opportunity it brings to these folks. Do you think they care who brought them this opportunity? Should they? Are we going to sit in our cosy houses and steal their joy and opportunity because we don't like China?
This joy is just shortsighted foolishness by us Indians. Our soldiers are paying with their lives and our lands and rivers are being taken away .
They are using this money to increase their firepower and dominate the world . They do not respect our sovereignty not just ours but almost every country in Asia has issues with them.
From NSG membership to even designating a known terrorist have been a problem for India because of China.
Even internal issues like Kashmir is being taken by them when they have their own issues with Uighurs and Hongkong .

We have created a monster with our money.

Not saying America is any different but they are not as big threat as China to us. And we need to look out for ourselves now.

Boycotting Chinese goods are not as easy as said but it has to be done otherwise we might just hand over this country to them .

Reminds me of few selfish Indian Kings who allowed British to settle in East India for their own selfish motives. Many took military help from British to defeat their fellow neighbourhood Kingdoms. If America or Europe did something bad 100 years ago doesn't mean China can do it with poor Asian or African countries in 21st century. Everything has a cost, some pay it by money, some by their time or some in case like us pay with land and lives of our country.

No need to boycott but at least show some sympathy to those who are laying their lives on border for no good reason.

In case history has been forgotten, the Swadeshi movement in early 20th century had crippled the British textile industry leading to Gandhi's visit to the UK. Boycotts do matter.

Chinese manufacturing is well entrenched but a shift in purchase to even Japanese or Korean alternatives is still likely to rattle China where it hurts most, in monetary terms.

Unfortunately, consumerism is such that most will be hypocrites and still purchase the Chinese alternatives for the better specs (irrespective of Chinese surveillance using backdoors). In that sense it reflects the same kowtowing seen in this country's leadership which has failed to call out various Chinese transgressions for the fear of being chocked by them industrially.

Considering India is the 2nd largest market in world for smartphones, we provide significant chunk of moolah to Chinese every year. Still Chinese don't think twice before provoking India on borders for taking our land. Yet our politicians are just plain requesting them to go back to their original place and our people are busy creating new records of market share for the Chinese quarter after quarter.

Considering India is the 2nd largest market in world for smartphones, we provide significant chunk of moolah to Chinese every year. Still Chinese don't think twice before provoking India on borders for taking our land. Yet our politicians are just plain requesting them to go back to their original place and our people are busy creating new records of market share for the Chinese quarter after quarter.

Problem with China is they dont even respect international rules or treaties signed .
They can go back on their own words and even break the rules for their interest.

Galwan should not have happen as per peace in the bordwr agreement.
Any issue should be solved by mutual agreement but we were attacked brutally .

China only respects power.
Like it does in case of USA and Russia.
Rest any other country is below its class.
They are not ready to accept India as a powerhouse. They Just want our place to be among likes of 3rd world country.

Problem with China is they dont even respect international rules or treaties signed .
They can go back on their own words and even break the rules for their interest.

Galwan should not have happen as per peace in the bordwr agreement.
Any issue should be solved by mutual agreement but we were attacked brutally .

China only respects power.
Like it does in case of USA and Russia.
Rest any other country is below its class.
They are not ready to accept India as a powerhouse. They Just want our place to be among likes of 3rd world country.
Respect and power is not given but taken, you kill 1 American soldier and see what happens. Name any country other than India where you can kill its soldiers officially (like what China did on our border) and yet keep on trading like nothing happened.

Respect and power is not given but taken, you kill 1 American soldier and see what happens. Name any country other than India where you can kill its soldiers officially (like what China did on our border) and yet keep on trading like nothing has happened.
Actually they lost many lives too thanks to our brave soldiers.. but they did not even named them disrespecting their own .
Problem with China is even their own people cannot do any thing against the government. Only the top guy decideds and his say is final.

America and Israel and Russia they are powerful nation with political will.
Our politicial will has always been weak from Nehru days.

Should we go for war with China? No, we cannot afford it but yes the situation is very bad for us. All these years since Nehru , India has lost many opportunities to be the power in Asia but jaisa log waise hamare leaders.
Looks at bigbtech companies like Google which was banned in China and their own local version was launched.

Chinese tech companies are free to go anywhere and make money but other countries tech companies have to follow strict rules set by CCP.

Last edited:
Actually they lost many lives too thanks to our brave soldiers.. but they did not even named them disrespecting their own .
Problem with China is even their own people cannot do any thing against the government. Only the top guy decideds and his say is final.

America and Israel and Russia they are powerful nation with political will.
Our politicial will has always been weak from Nehru days.

Should we go for war with China? No, we cannot afford it but yes the situation is very bad for us. All these years since Nehru , India has lost many opportunities to be the power in Asia but jaisa log waise hamare leaders.
Looks at bigbtech companies like Google which was banned in China and their own local version was launched.

Chinese tech companies are free to go anywhere and make money but other countries tech companies have to follow strict rules set by CCP.
That's the problem, once you name or announce such incident then there comes ton of reaction from home that obviously China wanted to avoid.

I just don't understand this obsession of being " superpower"... I live in a tiny country without any "superpower", but every legal citizen has some basic social securities, like genuinely free good standardized medical care, some genuine government sponsored help for housing, a minimum ( but very practical) financial support if you loose your job/ unemployed after certain age.
This is not a rich country by any means, even our smaller neighbour Slovakia ( even poorer) has similar support system for all the citizens.
In my very limited understanding of politics etc. and common sense, this is the absolute basic duty of a government...providing the basic necessities for the common people ( food, shelter, health, basic education) in theory India has everything, but in reality I've seen the fear in common people ( in my family...people with proper college education), the fear of uncertainty about future ( even I suffered from it back in medical school) 2 weeks in a private hospital can drain a lifetime of savings..
This fear is mostly non existent in these smaller European countries I've lived in last 5-6 years.
My middle class mentality from India forces me to save up for the kid's college education, my wife, who is far more rational and practical than me, doesn't even think about it ( as she believes even higher education will remain free forever in her country, though I had almost free education in India, the competition was extreme, and as a father can't imagine my son going through something similar)
Honestly I don't understand politics at all..I bluntly judge a ruling government by the condition of the common people of that country.
Blaming population for everything doesn't really solve anything. Sure this country I live in has a very small population compared to India, but so are our natural resources, we are a landlocked country, other than dairy products, shitty cars ( and genuinely great beer) we are completely dependent on our bigger brothers ( Germany/ Poland/ Austria and of course China, possibly India too!!)
Blaming Nehru/ Gandhis for everything also doesn't make any sense to me.
Our nation got rid of communist regime only in 1989 and in 1993 Czechoslovakia was divided peacefully in two countries.
Yes, real old people here still b**ch about communists etc. But most of the Czechs and slovaks have moved on.

Last edited:
I just don't understand this obsession of being " superpower"... I live in a tiny country without any "superpower", but every legal citizen has some basic social securities, like genuinely free good standardized medical care, some genuine government sponsored help for housing, a minimum ( but very practical) financial support if you loose your job/ unemployed after certain age.
This is not a rich country by any means, even our smaller neighbour Slovakia ( even poorer) has similar support system for all the citizens.
In my very limited understanding of politics etc. and common sense, this is the absolute basic duty of a government...providing the basic necessities for the common people ( food, shelter, health, basic education) in theory India has everything, but in reality I've seen the fear in common people ( in my family...people with proper college education), the fear of uncertainty about future ( even I suffered from it back in medical school) 2 weeks in a private hospital can drain a lifetime of savings..
This fear is mostly non existent in these smaller European countries I've lived in last 5-6 years.
My middle class mentality from India forces me to save up for the kid's college education, my wife, who is far more rational and practical than me, doesn't even think about it ( as she believes even higher education will remain free forever in her country, though I had almost free education in India, the competition was extreme, and as a father can't imagine my son going through something similar)
Honestly I don't understand politics at all..I bluntly judge a ruling government by the condition of the common people of that country.
Blaming population for everything doesn't really solve anything. Sure this country I live in has a very small population compared to India, but so are our natural resources, we are a landlocked country, other than dairy products, shitty cars ( and genuinely great beer) we are completely dependent on our bigger brothers ( Germany/ Poland/ Austria and of course China, possibly India too!!)
These small countries of Europe have fought 2 world wars already .
This is not an ideal world friend.....where countries are ready to share resources...help each other and prosper in peace .

Lets start with Europe like I said already 2 world wars and millions dead they finally come to peace with each other and respecting each others sovereignty has allowed them to focus on basic human rights.

USA has neighbours that are not in Superpower race. Both friendly countries on both side and no power struggle there so USA can continue to prosper , focus on other things and let their people and economy grow.

about Asia and India in particular. Asia alone has more than 60% of world population how can we not blame population to much larger extent for the problems if not completely.
To feed billions with resources dwindling every day by huge number is when nations start to look for resources elsewhere .
Just let India even take fare share of the Indus river flow with Pakistan( as Nehru made a treaty which was much in favour of Pakistan than India) or China causing similar problems with Brahamaputra we will see millions be without water .

For us Indians we have 2 hostile neighbours more than 3000 kms of boundary issue and a rising power that is bullying every neighbouring country . China has problems with countries it does even share boundary with. They are claiming lands and sea lines based on 1000s of year old claims that their dynasty once ruled here so its theirs.....their ruler once sailed ship in these sea lines so it belongs to them.

I can go on and on but fact is simple there will always be a power struggle in this world.....there were Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Ottoman, Mughals, British, USA/Soviet and now we have China and it is not going to end there. Soon Antarctica is expected to be reveal its resources as Ice is melting and already countries have started to make claims.
Russia has already planted its flag under the sea in the North Pole and USA already aiming for the moon .

Having said all that...I wish and hope someday....

The defeat of the Austria-Hungary in World War I cleared the way for the foundation of an independent state of Czechoslovakia, which was founded on October 28, 1918. The first president of Czechoslovakia was Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk.

The end to Czechoslovakia was brought as the result of the Munich Conference which was held in 1939. In Munich, the Great Britain, France and Italy (without the presence of Czechoslovakia) agreed to sacrifice the state of Czechoslovakia and allowed Adolf Hitler’s Germany to annex certain parts of the country.
Czechoslovakia as such never participated in any of the world wars directly ( I learned these things from my wife, and she's not a historian and may be wrong)
We have issues of Gypsies here and some extremist islamic groups too..
IMHO instead of emerging as a superpower for the world to see, India must work seriously hard on some social security issues.
BTW, it does sound impractical now, but for the mankind to survive, someday we all be working towards what Lennon sang about. Covid was the first sign of things to come.

Last edited:
The defeat of the Austria-Hungary in World War I cleared the way for the foundation of an independent state of Czechoslovakia, which was founded on October 28, 1918. The first president of Czechoslovakia was Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk.

The end to Czechoslovakia was brought as the result of the Munich Conference which was held in 1939. In Munich, the Great Britain, France and Italy (without the presence of Czechoslovakia) agreed to sacrifice the state of Czechoslovakia and allowed Adolf Hitler’s Germany to annex certain parts of the country.
Czechoslovakia as such never participated in any of the world wars directly ( I learned these things from my wife, and she's not a historian and may be wrong)
We have issues of Gypsies here and some extremist islamic groups too..
IMHO instead of emerging as a superpower for the world to see, India must work seriously hard on some social security issues.
My point in that post was that we cannot give our full resources to our social security issues because of our troubled neighbourhood we have. They just wont let us rise in peace which is corner stone for achieving social security . A nation grows in economy and starts giving the benefits to its citizen. First of all social security for over a billion people is unimaginable second point is again

Billions of dollars are going on foreign defence acquisition. Even during the pandemic instead of pouring money into infrastructure and reviving our economy we were forced to quickly put the money in defence deals and this is also well figured out plans by our neighbours to slow down our economy while China is already back on track .

Just think like this ...say you live in a house with a very troubled neighbour will you be able to live in peace or feel secure...instead of buying a car for your family and raising their standard of living you would end up buying a gun for your own security .

Back