USB DAC / USB C to 3.5mm headphone port

rr9

Disciple
Any good budget option. I wish it to act as if the phone had a 3.5mm port for headphone. What are my options?
On the other end, what is a good budget audiophile option? Two separate requests.

The Apple one or Avani -
You mean this. Right?
1687508881708.png

Thanks

With the Apple one, there seems to be some compatibility issues with Android apparently as per the reviews.

Do you mean to play audio? I use PrimeMusic / Spotify / VLC / Poweramp
Yes, Poweramp should be able to detect the DAC and run bit-perfect. Moreover the limitation of the Apple DAC is to do with that it outputs lesser power compared to the version sold in US so you may need to increase the volume.

Does headphones with mic work with these dongles? Are these a replacement for the inbuilt headphone jack ports?
Umm its a DAC i.e. Digital to Analog. Mic will be Analog to Digital. I read somewhere that the Apple one works with a mic.
No idea about the Kinsound.

The samsung one if you are using it with an Android phone. (with cans volume around 80% )

I had imported a cheap dongle from aliexpress, approx 1500 bucks. Makes a huge difference.
I have seen audiophile grade dongles for 3 to 4.5k at headphonezone.in.
Increase your budget a bit and seriously consider those. They can drive proper sized cans easily.
ie my cheap chinese one can drive Sennheiser 58x and 6xx without any issues. (volume less than 50% at all times )

For budget, go with EVM

using this for quite sometime ever since my ASUS one got swiped (came with my zenbook)

A bit of hiss is there on some machines, but this is an AC issue and not there on battery (laptops)

Back