Car & Bike Utter Confusion...! Polo vs Fabia vs Figo

Darky said:
^ You own a Punto/Linea?

For me FIAT service is not at all bad if not excellent like Maruti. These cars provide long feature list at same price as other European/Asian counterparts and they built like tank. Just have a test drive and then decide.

@ OP

I would suggest getting a diesel car as your usage is high. Any reason for not considering Beat?
I have a linea and the servie on that car is really bad... Linea also has a ground clearance problem dont know if punto has it too... So am very scared to recommend FIAT to anyone till they set up their own services in india

Crazy_Eddy said:
If someone charged you/your friend 7k for synth oil, you've been ripped off

Will have to check that next time the car go for servicing??? Will check if i have the bill for that service and get back... I had to pay 7k for that sevicing but have to check if they replaced some other parts was it just the oil...

Thanks will be more careful next time

My vote goes to the polo. I've used it (My friend has it), engine being 3 cylinder is no biggie, trust me.

Next would be i20, but since that is not in your list, I would go for Fabia.

Germans all the way when it comes to cars. The feel of the cabin from inside is better than ANHC(Which I own) frankly.

I would sell my Honda and buy a Polo 1.6/1.2 Highline in a heartbeat if my dad would let me...

The only problem is lack of USB, everything else is great

Would suggest the Punto or the Polo. Figo is great VFM for tight budget buys, but otherwise IMO the other 2 are superior than Figo. I wouldn't even consider the Fabia because I just hate the way it looks (subjective opinion obviously) + Skoda horror stories.

[/COLOR]
arun687 said:
Would suggest the Punto or the Polo. Figo is great VFM for tight budget buys, but otherwise IMO the other 2 are superior than Figo. I wouldn't even consider the Fabia because I just hate the way it looks (subjective opinion obviously) + Skoda horror stories.
heard them too mate.. clarification asked from Skoda Gurgaon. In most cases owners used non-genuine spares (sometimes due to dealer doing it)... However, he assured that spares are available now and showed me the log sheet of all services in last 3 months. No issues....

Guys, is it worth waiting for 4 months for the Polo or should I get the Fabia... If it is, I'll wait....

What is the difference between Skoda Fabia Ambiente and VW Polo Trendline feature-wise?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I think you should also look into i20

mjumrani said:
What is the difference between Skoda Fabia Ambiente and VW Polo Trendline feature-wise?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I think you should also look into i20

No marutis or hyndais mate... :)

pradeep200417 said:
IS it??

I thought the engines were different

Same engines, same platform but tuned differently...

Fania's tuning is pretty much uninspiring, though the ride quality is somewhat better.. but polo is a better drivers car, the dynamics are better in polo...

This is why it is so difficult to choose between Polo and Fabia for me...!

Polo - european looks, good build quality, higher maintenance and expensive spares + less spacious than figo , uninspiring 3 cylinder diesel engine sounds like a diesel autorickshaw, Unreliablity of VW parts

Fabia - Skoda! Stay away! Unreliablity of VW & skoda parts. sky high expesive spares n maintenance, uninspiring 3 cylinder diesel engine sounds like a diesel autorickshaw

Figo - sheer VFM and cheaper spares + lesser maintenace cost than even swift + very spacious. Best seller means good resale. Loaded with loadz of equipment. No turbo lag, best as city car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Agree about maintenance cost. I guess VW doesn't even provide a single free service.

But do remember OP's looking for a petrol car.

My friend bought polo petrol middle model for around 6 lakhs and I bought Figo Diesel Titanium for 6.50 lakhs..... Things I got in top end model is not there in middle model of polo.....If you want everything like ABS,Airbags,HUD with speakers etc. then you have to spend 8 lakhs for polo high end and if you go for figo then you just have to spend around 5.5 lakhs but yes the interior and build quality you get in VW is amazing and cannot be compared with any other brand....

zero_cool said:
have you considered punto

it is among the best cars on indian roads and is great in everyway

Subjective matter.

Punker said:
My friend bought polo petrol middle model for around 6 lakhs and I bought Figo Diesel Titanium for 6.50 lakhs..... Things I got in top end model is not there in middle model of polo.....If you want everything like ABS,Airbags,HUD with speakers etc. then you have to spend 8 lakhs for polo high end and if you go for figo then you just have to spend around 5.5 lakhs but yes the interior and build quality you get in VW is amazing and cannot be compared with any other brand....
It is true. Figo will give you VFM, but there is a big difference in the feel of the 2 cars. Polo service schedule cycle is every 15000 Kms. So the first service comes at 15k. Not that bad frankly. Still think German is the way to go.

I would also like to add, if you search enough you will find horror stories (for A.S.S) for every car manufacturer. I would say, don't give it that much credit.

Back