Vacuum Cleaner for BOTH House Cleaning and PC Cleaning

Our fans run 24/7 and the white colour has almost fully gone black!
You should clean them as it raises the power consumption as they are no longer as aerodynamic as designed. Be regular with cleaning and they will also be quieter.

Aren't you in Delhi btw? yeah different climate there

Keeping windows closed and air purifier will keep dust down. But keeping windows open and keeping air purifers in each room won't help. Since the dust coming in is more then what the airpurfier can filter. Also air purifier cannot filter heavy particles.

Maids sweeping, the problem here is only heavy particles are swept and make there way to the dust bin. All the light particles are just blown again by the sweeping and the dust which was resting on the floor, now settles on furniture, appliances etc.

Best effort is to vacuum daily but if windows are open in 1hr it will look the same.

Also lint from clothes, curtains, bedsheet etc will also contribute to the percieved dust.

I have once tried to get the airpurfier inside the bathroom and switched it on for an hour at max speed to remove all dust, so that I could apply the screen protector without any dust on the screen. Despite the air purfier showing 0 to 3 ppi. There is still plenty of dust in the air if one switch On a flashlight/torch.

The only way to have a clean room is if you have all windows closed, use a duct system which sucks air via a hepa filter and blows them to each room via ducts.
The clean postive air pressure inside the house will prevent dust from getting inside the house.

Last edited:
You should clean them as it raises the power consumption as they are no longer as aerodynamic as designed. Be regular with cleaning and they will also be quieter.

Aren't you in Delhi btw? yeah different climate there
No, Chennai.
The motor area is fine it's the wings that's so dirty

There is still plenty of dust in the air if one switch On a flashlight/torch.
This is the way I use to check if the floor is clean
The only way to have a clean room is if you have all windows closed, use a duct system which sucks air via a hepa filter and blows them to each room via ducts.
The clean postive air pressure inside the house will prevent dust from getting inside the house.
I did consider central AC about a decade ago but the city council decided they would charge more property tax if you had one and that idea was forgotten quickly.

Central ac would take care of the dust. Would keep the temperature comfortable no matter the climate and be more economical than numerous splits.

What to do :bored:

I use that Scotch Brite mop. It's good enough to clean the dirt. I use it twice. Like @adder said, the broom just throws more dust into the air while sweeping.

I am searching for 2.5pm dust filter cloth in bulk. Like the one inside a mask. My crazy idea was to cut that cloth to size of a window and sandwich it between two plastic meshes. Reduces the amount of dust coming inside to that tiny size. The air purifier would have done the rest. Then once the screen gets dirty, just wash it. I haven't found out who sells such a cloth in bulk here though. One drawback is we won't get a breeze inside the house if the mesh is too small. No danger of running out of oxygen though. :p

This is the way I use to check if the floor is clean

I did consider central AC about a decade ago but the city council decided they would charge more property tax if you had one and that idea was forgotten quickly.

Central ac would take care of the dust. Would keep the temperature comfortable no matter the climate and be more economical than numerous splits.

What to do :bored:
Not specifically central AC, just a blower for duct with the intake of blower sucking air via hepa filter.

The only way to do this in a existing house is if ceiling height is high enough, to hide a duct system with false ceiling.

Central AC for home, is going to be a expensive both in terms of initial cost and the maintenance. It may make sense for commerical use but for home use, doesn't make economic sense.

Good read...

Can't imagine myself in closed doors or windows. Just closed the room for few hours (meetings) and my whole family cursed me for smelly room. So.. that out of the option.
My wife will bust my (you know what) if I put too much money.. I'm to clean windows grills, fans and all the furnitures (lights, fans, tables, chairs) when it comes to dust. and even scrub floor every 3 months to clean and this is applicable for ground and first floor. Please help with your expert advice...

You do the kitchen then and let the maid do everything else you said above ^
hahaha...
orthodox brahmin family .. and my mom doesn't allow outsiders inside kitchen .. that would be challenging..
What problem is there still ?

Incidentally, i kept mine right through the pandemic. The doctor said they spread the disease as they go house to house.

So I asked her how many houses she goes through during that time. She used to do four others. They all fired her.

After she cleaned our place she went home. This went on right throughout the lockdown phases and twice at that.

She'd have had nothing to support herself otherwise. She wore a mask at all times, washed her hands coming in and all was fine.
Not specifically central AC, just a blower for duct with the intake of blower sucking air via hepa filter.

The only way to do this in a existing house is if ceiling height is high enough, to hide a duct system with false ceiling.
Do you have this setup in your house? It would work better than 6pack's purifier idea.

Central AC for home, is going to be a expensive both in terms of initial cost and the maintenance. It may make sense for commerical use but for home use, doesn't make economic sense.
When I did the calculations the central AC worked out cheaper than individual units in terms of consumption. Upfront would be more.

Last edited:
Well I can't believe I'm still running my Eureka Forbes Euroclean Jet which is more than 22 years old and performs exceptionally well even to this day. The motor quality was superb in those days. Eureka Forbes support has been quite poor for any spares or accessories but could fine most of the spares and accessories like gaskets and dustbags exactly to the model on Amazon :)

As for the current times I would suggest any from the 3 brands mentioned below depending on your requirements. Of course look out for the best deals in the days ahead :)

> Philips PowerPro series
> Karcher WD series
> Black & Decker WDBD series

Last edited:
Do you have this setup in your house? It would work better than 6pack's purifier idea.
No, this idea came about not due to dust but during the height of covid. I had stopped maid, but one person in the house who didn't WFH got covid with zero symptoms, while it started to spread to others in the house, I was wearing n95 and even 3m P100 full face respirator, while moving around the house but when I was inside my room, I removed the mask or respirator and still got covid during the height of 2nd wave.

The thing is the moment you open the door all sorts of things from virus to dust get inside. Hell even the key hole is enough. So the solution to this problem was having a room with positive air pressure, this will prevent dust and other air borne particles/viruses out.

Couple of ideas for making a single room dust and virus proof was to have exhaust fan with in the room, positioned in such a way that it blows air inside rather then sucking air out. Then use a hepa/2.5 filter in front of the exhaust fan suction side.
The challenges for this was finding a quiet fan, since it will be running 24x7 has to be brushless and have enought air flow to atleast blow the door curtain slightly away from the door, if its able to blow the curtain then that is enough air pressure to prevent dust/ air borne particles to get inside the room.

Also finding a hepa/2.5 filter of the right size or finding one that will be cheap, since it will be used 24x7.

I found atomberg has started to sell bldc exhaust fans, but no idea about the sound.
For the filter I thought I would use the old hepa filter from Mi cut the filter to the desired shame of the fan, use silicone sealant to seal the edges of the cut filter with a 3d printed part which will also act as a adaptor for mounting the filter on the fan.

Biggest job is making a hole in the wall for this, advantage less 3d printed parts.

seal a window with polycarbonate or acrylic sheet, more expensive plus requires several server PC fans with high static pressure, use cheap n95 masks itself as filter. Cons all the fans I bought are not quiet, will also look bad.

Or use exhaust fan but the mount now for the fan as to be an enclosure to accommodate the fan mounted the other way round, cons making it look aesthetically good.

False ceiling and adding ducts is best done in construction stage of a new house.

I will be doing a exhaust fan mounted on the wall method, provided the fan is not loud and has enough air pressure. Only then can I start designing a custom 3d part for that particular fan.

I live near main road and dust it something i can't avoid as I keep windows and doors always open for ventilation. Please don't suggest AC, prefer natural
Grass broom with long handle for mops.. still takes 45 mins for hall, rooms and kitchen ...
This is my advice as an ex-CTO at a startup which specialized in Industrial Cleaning.

A normal floor sweeper broom or that grass broom usually blows 30% dust into the air. That 30% never gets collected in the dust pan at end of your sweeping session. So don't use floor sweeper everyday.

Get something like this >
Something that has sweeper arm longer like 30-40cm.

Learn to sweep your entire house under 2 minutes using this. If it's taking longer than you are doing it wrong. This doesn't blow any dust in the air so this sweeping will keep house rather more cleaned. It's not easy to get corner and tight spaces using such sweeper so you may want to use regular sweeper once in a week.

Don't mop floors everyday unless you have small kids, pets who constantly spew bodily fluids on the floor. Mopping once or twice in a week is okay.

I also like the natural air. I always have my windows open. But then I don't live near the main road and Air Quality Index is green. No pollution.

No, this idea came about not due to dust but during the height of covid. I had stopped maid, but one person in the house who didn't WFH got covid with zero symptoms, while it started to spread to others in the house, I was wearing n95 and even 3m P100 full face respirator, while moving around the house but when I was inside my room, I removed the mask or respirator and still got covid during the height of 2nd wave.

The thing is the moment you open the door all sorts of things from virus to dust get inside. Hell even the key hole is enough. So the solution to this problem was having a room with positive air pressure, this will prevent dust and other air borne particles/viruses out.
Now I remember. The covid wards the Chinese built in a few days were negative pressure so the pressure in the room has to be lower than outside the room so no germs leave the room of someone infected and spread into the corridors.

You have inverted the idea to prevent dust from coming in so the pressure in the room has to be more than outside. That way no dust enters.
The challenges for this was finding a quiet fan, since it will be running 24x7 has to be brushless and have enought air flow to atleast blow the door curtain slightly away from the door, if its able to blow the curtain then that is enough air pressure to prevent dust/ air borne particles to get inside the room.
This is the thing how to measure when you have more pressure in the room. And the flow rate that will do it. You can then decide on how many fans and size after.
This is my advice as an ex-CTO at a startup which specialized in Industrial Cleaning.

A normal floor sweeper broom or that grass broom usually blows 30% dust into the air. That 30% never gets collected in the dust pan at end of your sweeping session. So don't use floor sweeper everyday.

Get something like this >
Something that has sweeper arm longer like 30-40cm.

Learn to sweep your entire house under 2 minutes using this. If it's taking longer than you are doing it wrong. This doesn't blow any dust in the air so this sweeping will keep house rather more cleaned. It's not easy to get corner and tight spaces using such sweeper so you may want to use regular sweeper once in a week.

Don't mop floors everyday unless you have small kids, pets who constantly spew bodily fluids on the floor. Mopping once or twice in a week is okay.

I also like the natural air. I always have my windows open. But then I don't live near the main road and Air Quality Index is green. No pollution.
Agree with your points and that is a good dry mop for cheap. When i was looking over five years ago there wasn't anything like this in the market.

The advantage of a flat dry mop is you don't have to bend your back.

The trouble in India is the mindset that a broom is superior and not bending your back is looked down upon. As for dust going into the air, the fans are off during dry sweeping. Don't notice too much dust being kicked up.

Another thing I've noticed is people are unaware you need to dry mop before you wet mop. They just wet mop and that just cakes the dust into the floor over time.

As you can see in this video here

Last edited:

Couple of ideas for making a single room dust and virus proof was to have exhaust fan with in the room, positioned in such a way that it blows air inside rather then sucking air out. Then use a hepa/2.5 filter in front of the exhaust fan suction side.

Also finding a hepa/2.5 filter of the right size or finding one that will be cheap, since it will be used 24x7.

I found atomberg has started to sell bldc exhaust fans, but no idea about the sound.
For the filter I thought I would use the old hepa filter from Mi cut the filter to the desired shame of the fan, use silicone sealant to seal the edges of the cut filter with a 3d printed part which will also act as a adaptor for mounting the filter on the fan.

Biggest job is making a hole in the wall for this, advantage less 3d printed parts.

seal a window with polycarbonate or acrylic sheet, more expensive plus requires several server PC fans with high static pressure, use cheap n95 masks itself as filter. Cons all the fans I bought are not quiet, will also look bad.

Or use exhaust fan but the mount now for the fan as to be an enclosure to accommodate the fan mounted the other way round, cons making it look aesthetically good.

False ceiling and adding ducts is best done in construction stage of a new house.

I will be doing a exhaust fan mounted on the wall method, provided the fan is not loud and has enough air pressure. Only then can I start designing a custom 3d part for that particular fan.
Thanks for taking time to reply. You're kind sir.I can definitely give try to test dry mop floors instead of broom. Imagine the change in mindset coming from centuries of using grass broom.

I do have kids and neighbours kids playing in and out all the time and mess is something I really can't avoid. All I can do is give strong villany looks when kids come running around...
Almost forgot. I do have three ladies in home with hairs falling all day long... closing and disposing is another challenge.. I think it's the water.. i have tried all shampoos

Back