Vodafone unethical billing issue

swordfish

Disciple
I am not sure if this right forum but could not find any other plance so posting here..

I am facing a big and frustating billing issue with vodafone. I will go step by step describing the events..

I got a bill of 10k rps in the month of March!! My normal usage is around 1500 to 2000 rps per month.. When I talked to customer care to tell that something is wrong, they were not ready to listen.They told I have used vodafone mobile connect so much ao i was billed. They keep on saying our system generated this bill and can not be wrong. After talking to 3rd guy I suddenly noticed that I was charge 10p/10kb for excess usage (My plan was 499rps/500mb and for excess usage 5p/10kb) 3rd guy realised the problem and told me that said I will receive call in 24 hour..

I got no call in 24 hour so called them again. after transfering from here and there for long time they told they wil call tomorrow.

I got no call again so I called them again. Again i was trasfered here and there. Last person told me that some "Sobha" was going to call me so he will transfer me to her, but she did not pickup and call ended !!

I finally wrote to Zonal officer. I got call from Anita after 2 days and she told me plans were revised since january and according to that I was charged 10p/10kb and bill can not be reversed!! she was not ready to listen a damn thing i say.

I checked the site and see that yes, excess usage charges are 10p/10kb, but data limit is 4gb !! They charged me 10p/10kb as per new plan and given me data limit of 500mb as per old plan!! So I sent meail again to Zonal.

my old plan 499rps/500mb excess usage charge 5p/10kb

new plan 499rps/4gb excess usage charge 10p/10kb

They give me data limit of old plan (500mb) which is low and for excess usage charge me (10p/10kb) as per new plan that is high!!

I got call today from Anita again, but she keep on playing her usual cassete that bill can not be reversed. I dont understand why!! There is clear issue is on vodafone side and a child also can understand. She can not give any proper argument.

I have sent a mail to higher authority but I dont think he/she wil also understand my issue.

Can you guys suggest me what should I do now. Vodafone is clearly robbing clearly customers.. They are so stubborn to listen..

What are options if I dont get proper answer from higher authority.

Emperor said:
First use Tweeter than Facebook & than apply for MNP, all will settled in next 15-25 days.

Already tweeted, fbed and applied for MNP :(

Gaurish said:
See Practice for Handling Customer Complaints - Vodafone

If nothing else works, threaten to disconnect:p

All the Best
I did, they say you can take your call. looks like vodafone thinks that they have so many customer that nothing will change because of one customer.

The way customer care speaks is too rude..

Ok

let me get things clear

U were put into the new plan since january i.e. 500mb limit

If yes then thats your bill and u cant reverse it

Whenever any company gives u a plan it is subject to change without prior notice.

Now lets look at my mobile history

ive used

Postpaid:

Max Touch

Orange

Hutch

Vodafone

Idea

BPL

Prepaid

Docomo

Aircel

Reliance (Current)

All you could do is just dont pay the bill .

If you wish ask them for a settelment

Use Number Portability

Ps: Vodafone screwed me with 16,000 bill ... i handled it in another way cant discuss that here on TE

thats why i wanted to help you with this reply

no i was put in to this plan in march only. change of plan is ok but, they give me data limit of old plan (500mb) which is low and for excess usage charge me (10p/10kb) as per new plan that is more !! I think that is not legal.

What wil be consequences if i dont pay the bill and switch my number?

Can you PM/mail me the other way?

Thanks

swordfish said:
I am not sure if this right forum but could not find any other plance so posting here..

I am facing a big and frustating billing issue with vodafone. I will go step by step describing the events..

I got a bill of 10k rps in the month of March!! My normal usage is around 1500 to 2000 rps per month.. When I talked to customer care to tell that something is wrong, they were not ready to listen.They told I have used vodafone mobile connect so much ao i was billed. They keep on saying our system generated this bill and can not be wrong. After talking to 3rd guy I suddenly noticed that I was charge 10p/10kb for excess usage (My plan was 499rps/500mb and for excess usage 5p/10kb) 3rd guy realised the problem and told me that said I will receive call in 24 hour..

I got no call in 24 hour so called them again. after transfering from here and there for long time they told they wil call tomorrow.

I got no call again so I called them again. Again i was trasfered here and there. Last person told me that some "Sobha" was going to call me so he will transfer me to her, but she did not pickup and call ended !!

I finally wrote to Zonal officer. I got call from Anita after 2 days and she told me plans were revised since january and according to that I was charged 10p/10kb and bill can not be reversed!! I was not ready to listen a damn thing i say.

I checked the site and see that yes, excess usage charges are 10p/10kb, but data limit is 4gb !! They charged me 10p/10kb as per new plan and given me data limit of 500mb as per new plan!! So I sent meail again to Zonal.

I got call today from Anita again, but she keep on playing her usual cassete that bill can not be reversed. I dont understand why!! There is clear issue is on vodafone site and a child also can understand. She can not give any proper argument.

I have sent a mail to higher authority but I dont think he/she wil also understand my issue.

Can you guys suggest me what should I do now. Vodafone is clearly robbing clearly customers.. They are so stubborn to listen..

What are options if I dont get proper answer from higher authority.

I believe you have been just screwed by 3G... and one reason why I don't use any internet on my post-paid plan.

I doubt if Vodaphone will reverse anything. Logically, there is nothing wrong with your bill.

No I asked them is it because of 3g, they said no.

There is clear wrong thing in my bill

they give me data limit of old plan (500mb) which is low and for excess usage charge me (10p/10kb) as per new plan that is more !!

^^ As long as u didn't call to change the plan you will be on the old plan only . All you can ask them is to do pro-rata charging @ 5p/10KB as per your original plan.

Also why were you on this plan when almost everyone has the VMC 2GB postpaid data plan @ Rs 99 ! All you needed to do was an SMS for MNP Porting right on 20th Jan.

If nothing works then consumer court might be your final destination.

Even i feel they are cheating. Changing the plan is ok but they must change it fully not partially. What they have done is that they have just change the plan according to their profit.

I am totally against this and will consider this as cheating.

Simple do not pay their bill. And file a consumer complaint.
Best of luck.
Also unless your company pays your bill it makes no sense to opt for a postpaid plan nowadays.

CA50 said:
If nothing works then consumer court might be your final destination.

Even i feel they are cheating. Changing the plan is ok but they must change it fully not partially. What they have done is that they have just change the plan according to their profit.

I am totally against this and will consider this as cheating.
ya thats what i feel.. change plan fully.. this way or other way.. here they have change to screw me !!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

avi said:
If he has pending of bill payment then how he can apply for MNP ? noob here.

me too same quetions.. can i apply for MNP without paying bill?

and what can happen if i dont pay bill ?? never tried this option in life :(

ggt said:
Simple do not pay their bill. And file a consumer complaint.

Best of luck.

Also unless your company pays your bill it makes no sense to opt for a postpaid plan nowadays.
fully agreed.. now i wil go for prepaid.. atleast you can track ur usage. there is no profit in postpaid..

swordfish said:

no i was put in to this plan in march only. change of plan is ok but, they give me data limit of old plan (500mb) which is low and for excess usage charge me (10p/10kb) as per new plan that is more !! I think that is not legal.

What wil be consequences if i dont pay the bill and switch my number?

Can you PM/mail me the other way?

Thanks
Ok lissen bro ..

dont go to consumer forum u will just waste ur time and money.

As said above they have the right to change ur plan without ur notice .. thats what written in their TOC/S when u sign in

Try to get Number portability if possible.

well to be honest they cant do much if u dont pay it ... they can do a court case which is useless .. but before that

they will ask u for a settlement ... agree for a settlement if u want the no. and service ...

negotiate n think smart .... if u hv any other querries regarding polices of diff companies lemme knw ..

BTW also confirm with them what is ur Credit limit ... and why werent u warned even if you crossed it.

well thats just timepass but a good reason while negotiating for the settlement.

Go to a vodafone gallery, shout your heart out.

Ask to MEET the highest officer, write down your problem and explain it to him, if you are logically correct, then they have to change the bill.

They CAN NOT change the plan with out asking you permission for the same ask them do they ahve your permission in writing.

They do write that they can change the plans with out constent, but is just stupid, thye can change your plan charges from 500 to 50,000, wont you have the right to challenge it?

Vodafone is pretty good in these things, once you meet a REAL person, they will see your point. Have you approached their twitter helpline? They seem pretty helpful too. Also dont pay the bill till they solve our problem.

I've jsut tweeted them the thread on twitter, hope they read and take some action. :D

Sorry one thing i didnt understand is, did you use more data than the 500 mb limit? And there seems to be some confusion regarding the plan. If you are still on the old plan where the limit is 500 mb then you should be charged at 5p/10 KB. But if they're charging you 10p/10 KB then you can definitely argue that you've been charged as per the new plan and the limit should therefore be 4 GB. As others have stated, dont pay the bill until this is resolved. And send a mail to the nodal officers and see if you get a response. Also ask about the credit limit as someone else has suggested, how could they let the bill go to 10k without warning is unacceptable (but we do not have any bill shock rules in india unlike the EU)

PS: Did you by any chance use data while roaming? For some operators the data pack dosent apply while roaming and they charge extra for data while roaming.

trust me dont follow things like

go and make a scene at the store

or

consumer forum

ull just make a fool of urself

either dont pay the bill at all

or

go for a settlement.

Even i am against the go to store and yelling. nothing against the user that posted, but that is demeaning for the @OP.

Play smart like them. dont pay, or tell them to bill you PROPERLY for ONE PLAN. thats it.

Back