Vodafone unethical billing issue

deep_nx said:
Ok lissen bro ..

dont go to consumer forum u will just waste ur time and money.

As said above they have the right to change ur plan without ur notice .. thats what written in their TOC/S when u sign in

Try to get Number portability if possible.

well to be honest they cant do much if u dont pay it ... they can do a court case which is useless .. but before that

they will ask u for a settlement ... agree for a settlement if u want the no. and service ...

negotiate n think smart .... if u hv any other querries regarding polices of diff companies lemme knw ..

BTW also confirm with them what is ur Credit limit ... and why werent u warned even if you crossed it.

well thats just timepass but a good reason while negotiating for the settlement.

my limit is 9900. And I was not warned.. Ya I agree that they can change the plan without notice but they should change plan fully. not only some part of plan.. I wont pay bill now.. Thanks mate

hunt3r said:
Sorry one thing i didnt understand is, did you use more data than the 500 mb limit? And there seems to be some confusion regarding the plan. If you are still on the old plan where the limit is 500 mb then you should be charged at 5p/10 KB. But if they're charging you 10p/10 KB then you can definitely argue that you've been charged as per the new plan and the limit should therefore be 4 GB. As others have stated, dont pay the bill until this is resolved. And send a mail to the nodal officers and see if you get a response. Also ask about the credit limit as someone else has suggested, how could they let the bill go to 10k without warning is unacceptable (but we do not have any bill shock rules in india unlike the EU)

PS: Did you by any chance use data while roaming? For some operators the data pack dosent apply while roaming and they charge extra for data while roaming.

deep_nx said:
trust me dont follow things like

go and make a scene at the store
or
consumer forum

ull just make a fool of urself

either dont pay the bill at all
or
go for a settlement.
m-jeri said:
Even i am against the go to store and yelling. nothing against the user that posted, but that is demeaning for the @OP.

Play smart like them. dont pay, or tell them to bill you PROPERLY for ONE PLAN. thats it.
Right guys.. its useless as in Vashi Vodafone store this is very common.. you go there anytime and you see someone yelling and finally nothing happens..
I have a valid point regarding appling only half of plan.. I wont pay..

I have also tweeted and posted on their FB page.. they requested me to give me my number.. I will give today.. lets see what happens..

^^ Just go to a big Vodafone Store usually in the heart of the city (not the mini stores). Usually there is 1 Vodafone Store which houses the head office for that particular city as well...try going there.

Just tell them to bill you as per your registered plan of 5p/10KB for extra usage. I am sure they will be happy to even extract Rs 2500 from you for that extra 500MB ! But what I feel pity for you is that you are paying almost what ppl pay for 1 year with a 2GB GPRS Plan per mnth EDGE plan for 12 months + 400 mins (local+STDcalls) per mnth for 12 months

dude why go through all this hassles of running your mind out.

Only IF AND ONLY IF you want to retain the number your on, stay on and fight. Else dump Vodafone! He ain't gonna be even a lil' bit worried, I just lost a customer. Bad attitude from Vodafone just brings bad reputation as with Airtel too (personal Exp, not for a quarrel here please).

There are infact more than 13 players in the Market today, Can't you choose a better option from any one of them??

I need this number as using this since long time and used for many services :(

@Supra, new plans came in mumbai since january only

If nothing happens then i will switch to airtel/idea prepaid..

It is better to be on prepaid than post paid. I too had a vodafone post paid no for past 8yrs. Due to high billing i wanted them to change it to prepaid. They did all kind of nataks. First they told me go for this plan, that plan. They wanted to keep me in post paid only. Then they agreed, but then they told me to give me pan card xerox and give signature on the xerox of the same. Then made a final natak they told my signature is not matching and i have to get it verified from the bank. I lost my COOL. Then i closed the no in my own way.

swordfish said:
I am not sure if this right forum but could not find any other plance so posting here..

I am facing a big and frustating billing issue with vodafone. I will go step by step describing the events..

I got a bill of 10k rps in the month of March!! My normal usage is around 1500 to 2000 rps per month.. When I talked to customer care to tell that something is wrong, they were not ready to listen.They told I have used vodafone mobile connect so much ao i was billed. They keep on saying our system generated this bill and can not be wrong. After talking to 3rd guy I suddenly noticed that I was charge 10p/10kb for excess usage (My plan was 499rps/500mb and for excess usage 5p/10kb) 3rd guy realised the problem and told me that said I will receive call in 24 hour..

I got no call in 24 hour so called them again. after transfering from here and there for long time they told they wil call tomorrow.

I got no call again so I called them again. Again i was trasfered here and there. Last person told me that some "Sobha" was going to call me so he will transfer me to her, but she did not pickup and call ended !!

I finally wrote to Zonal officer. I got call from Anita after 2 days and she told me plans were revised since january and according to that I was charged 10p/10kb and bill can not be reversed!! I was not ready to listen a damn thing i say.

I checked the site and see that yes, excess usage charges are 10p/10kb, but data limit is 4gb !! They charged me 10p/10kb as per new plan and given me data limit of 500mb as per old plan!! So I sent meail again to Zonal.

I got call today from Anita again, but she keep on playing her usual cassete that bill can not be reversed. I dont understand why!! There is clear issue is on vodafone site and a child also can understand. She can not give any proper argument.

I have sent a mail to higher authority but I dont think he/she wil also understand my issue.

Can you guys suggest me what should I do now. Vodafone is clearly robbing clearly customers.. They are so stubborn to listen..

What are options if I dont get proper answer from higher authority.

Hello Sir/Madam,

We see that you have faced an inconvenience with one of our services / products. We would like to get in touch with you on this. Please share your details at Vodafone India - Complaints - Requests - Enquires and we'd be happy to help.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care

My dad once got a call from Vodafone that he was eligible for a free add on card bla bla... My dad said he was not interested.

Next day, the Vodafone Rep landed at our place with the free card. He said that the card was rent free for 1st month and if we didn't like it, we could discard it.

We submitted the documents and took the card as it had free data usage on it. :p

A month later we got a bill of 250 rupees without having any usage on that card. Only the free data was used.

We didn't pay the bill. Didn't apply for disconnection. NOTHING. :lol:

vodafoneindia said:
Hello Sir/Madam,

We see that you have faced an inconvenience with one of our services / products. We would like to get in touch with you on this. Please share your details at Vodafone India - Complaints - Requests - Enquires and we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Vodafone Customer Care
wait

we have a vodafone rep on te???

since when??

@vodafoneindia

this is truely bad on your side and u must see the OP's point of view

even i am truely upset with your service and planning to change soon

i have tried calling ur helplines many times but nothing ever comes out of it

moksh4u2 said:
wait

we have a vodafone rep on te???

since when??

@vodafoneindia

this is truely bad on your side and u must see the OP's point of view

even i am truely upset with your service and planning to change soon

i have tried calling ur helplines many times but nothing ever comes out of it
thats his/her first post.. he/she joined after seeing the discussion thread..

Thanks for the support mate..

@OP

u are right

even on prepaid im getting scammed

i get random deductions of money every now and then and they keep passing the buck

i hope its gets sorted out for u

cheers :)

@vodafoneIndia are you sure about the words " Happy to Help" ?.When was the last time you you did not fool a customer and actually help him/her ??

There is a Vodaphone Ad campaign going on on TV with Ranbir Kapoor in lead saying 'Spot the mistake in bill and get rewarded'. Perhaps you can get a good reward if you follow the Ad and complain to the right person. :)

^^That ad is for Tata Docomo and not for Vodafone. Only if someone is able to spot a mistake in Tata Docomo's bill than this applies

Vodafone sucks big time..Its time for me to shift to Tat Docomo or Airtel

Party Monger said:
Yeah you guys can thank me later for shouting my ass off on vodafone on twitter and linking them to this thread. :p
thanks.. me too did the same.. continuously tweeting :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Dhanan said:
There is a Vodaphone Ad campaign going on on TV with Ranbir Kapoor in lead saying 'Spot the mistake in bill and get rewarded'. Perhaps you can get a good reward if you follow the Ad and complain to the right person. :)
wont be vodafone otherwise i will be first to rewarded.. :D

rocky_pratik said:
Dude i am also facing similar issue in my last bill. Lets give this to Mid-Day or TOI lol

:D
can we do that? how we do that? lets do that :)

This stupid website sucks big time. It does not allow me to type more than 300 characters.
When i submit my complain it says-Thanks for your feedback.lol

Whenever i call up Vodafone customer care at 111 or 198 they disconnect my call since they dont have an answer to my query.
If i ask them to escalate it to thier manager they alway repeat the same thing again n again- My manager is not on the floor or they are busy on other calls.

Vodafone has this habbit of activating plans without Customer's permission.

In my case i asked them to activate Vodafone Mobile connect 199-1gb plan and they Activated Vodafone Mobile connect -199 and 5 paise per 10kb plan.
After activation i got a call from Vodafone that Mobile connect has been activated. I dont trust this stupid people and hence i asked the Vodafone executive to explain me the Vodafone Mobile connect 199 plan again. He said-Yes sir..You have activated Vodafone Mobile connect 199 plan with 1 gb free plan.

After 1 month i got a bill of rs 5090rs only :p

I called up Vodafone and they said Yes sir you have Vodafone Mobile connect 199-5 paise per 10kb activated and you are been charged 4200 for your Internet usage..

I was like WTF an email to Nodal Officer or Vodafone but still there is not reply..

Its been more than 5 days now.

I have a Corporate connection and i will make sure i will ask all my colleagues to disconnect Vodafone services..
vodafoneindia said:
Hello Sir/Madam,

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care

So Vodafoneindia you guys better improve on your customer service or else i am sure you will definately loose some genuine Vodafone customers like me and my colleagues.

Also compare your plans with other network service provider like Airtel and Tata Docomo and Idea.

For example- Vodafone Mobile connect-199rs-1gb plan

In Airtel and Idea and Tata Docomo they have 99rs-2gb plan and i have used Tata Docomo and Airtel and connection speed is almost same.

Back